Ever feel like stopping record collecting?

Lately I've thought of stopping collecting and buying records. I am not sure that it is not that I enjoy it so much anymore, as I am sick of getting records that skip or sound like shit regardless if they are new or used. It seems like that has been happening to me a lot lately, and it is annoying. I know that is something you have to take when you collect, but it still bothers me sometimes. I doubt I'll stop, but I think I may need to take some time away and only buy stuff I REALLY want and save the rest of my money I usually allocate for records. sorry for the little rant, just pissed off at my Radiohead the bends reissue skipping and I am also dizzy beyond belief so i may not be thinking straight :-/.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about it before, but fuck man I'd rather buy a record than a cd anyday ,and I'd rather buy music than dl

pretty much the only thing that stops me. I want to support bands/labels, but this is still the best way.

I too have slowed down a lot. try selling or trading off records you don't care about anymore first, see how that goes.

Guest falloutcollapse

I have slowed down quite a bit, because money is tight at 16 with no job. But I enjoy buying releases from my favorite bands, so I'll continue to do that.

I thought about quitting vinyl collecting once, but only because it overwhelms me how many records I still need in my collection and how expensive they are AND how annoying it feel, that my parents wasn't horny 10 years before so that I actually could have been there when all the rare shit was released and then purchased it back then!

Stop looking at it as a collection and just buy records. I think that if I worried about getting one of every color of some release like remains or some other ridiculously pressed album I'd give it up too. Not saying this is the boat you are in, but if I took as fanatically as some people do, I think I'd be too stressed out. Just buy a record when it comes out or you come across it in a store. If its on color, cool if not, no big deal.

Stop looking at it as a collection and just buy records. I think that if I worried about getting one of every color of some release like remains or some other ridiculously pressed album I'd give it up too. Not saying this is the boat you are in, but if I took as fanatically as some people do, I think I'd be too stressed out. Just buy a record when it comes out or you come across it in a store. If its on color, cool if not, no big deal.

I was just about to say that. I don't view buyings records as collecting per say, I look at it as buying music I love. Sure it's cool to have a limited colour, but it's nothing to pull your hair out over.