What video games have you been playing?

I'm going to sign up for the Playstation Now 7 day trial after work. I wonder how well it'll work on a PSTV. Do they do all the processing server side, then just push the video, or if it's done on the device itself (since Bravia TVs support it too). If they just push video, I wonder how bad the input lag on the controls are.

All these old JRPGs that I used to love are just not grabbing my attention anymore. It's making me regret buying the PSTV. I just can't get into them anymore/again. I wonder if it's a dick move to return it to amazon, just because I don't like it. I want to return it and get a real console.

All these old JRPGs that I used to love are just not grabbing my attention anymore. It's making me regret buying the PSTV. I just can't get into them anymore/again. I wonder if it's a dick move to return it to amazon, just because I don't like it. I want to return it and get a real console.

I got my pstv for free when I got my ps4. Look for that promo, I know BB and Gamestop were doing it. Good deal since I was already in the market for a ps4 and had 30 plus vita games.

Tomb Raider (remake) was one of my favorite games ever for some reason. The gameplay was what Uncharted wished it could be (Uncharted's controls are super clunky) and the story was awesome. I did play Uncharted 1-3, so it'd be nice to continue it as well. I won't even voice my opinions on Last of Us, other than it was too hyped. I have not gamed in about 2 years now, and the PSTV I just bought should hold me over for a bit (some awesome vita/psp/ps1 jrpgs to play). The only reason I'd get a Xbox one over a PS4, is more of my friends have them, so it's someone to play with.

Fully agree with comments on Uncharted and LoU. Jumping around on the cliffs in the first Uncharted was exceptionally bad. They have gotten better as they've gone along, though, improving whatever engine they are using to generate these games.

Fully agree with comments on Uncharted and LoU. Jumping around on the cliffs in the first Uncharted was exceptionally bad. They have gotten better as they've gone along, though, improving whatever engine they are using to generate these games.

I'm replaying LoU now and, yeah, the controls do get annoying at times; like I want Joel to turn around and run it can be a huge fucking pain. I'm sure (just like the million other run throughs I've done) I'll compensate for it, and it'll be natural. But yeah, I agree that they can get annoying, as did Uncharted. But damn did the rest of the game make up for the few unfortunate control issues (in both games).

My girlfriend is sitting next to me as I play through LoU, and she is just in awe over all of it. Especially the texture, reflection in the water, and the openness of it all. Reminds me of how damn beautiful the game is all around.

All this LoU talk made me want to try to replay it. I'm currently streaming it through ps now on my pstv, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it works. I'll see if my opinion of it changes playing it through a second time.

I hate to sound old (34) But the last good Final Fantasy's are the US II and III (Japan IV and V)  Even in High School when 7 came out I was stoked, bought it and a PSone and hated it. I dont think I got much into the second disc I hated it so much........ terrible. I played I think it was 8? Had a knight and princess, was ok but nothing memorable. 10 was good for the story and graphics 10-2 was odd my ex played it, 12 was eh the "real time combat" was kinda silly. So I think Im done with FF's anymore. I do like Bravely Default a bit similar though no where near as good as the old SNES FF's silly story but same basic turned based combat.

I didn't get into JRPGs until 10 came out, so I never got to play the old 2D ones really. Hell, I didn't play video games until high school, damn strict parents. 10 turned me on to jrpgs, which is why it will always have a place in my heart, and I've played countless since. I never beat 10-2, it was too boring. 8 is my favorite story wise, 7 is good, but overrated, couldn't get into the characters in 9, enjoy the change in 12, beat 13 and 13-2 and was not too impressed (story was ok). I should try 6 out, it's supposed to be the best story of them all. My favorite JRPGs are the Persona games though, 3 and 4 are amazing.

Your numbers are wrong there too, 2 is 5 in Japan and 3 is 6.

I didn't get into JRPGs until 10 came out, so I never got to play the old 2D ones really. Hell, I didn't play video games until high school, damn strict parents. 10 turned me on to jrpgs, which is why it will always have a place in my heart, and I've played countless since. I never beat 10-2, it was too boring. 8 is my favorite story wise, 7 is good, but overrated, couldn't get into the characters in 9, enjoy the change in 12, beat 13 and 13-2 and was not too impressed (story was ok). I should try 6 out, it's supposed to be the best story of them all. My favorite JRPGs are the Persona games though, 3 and 4 are amazing.

Your numbers are wrong there too, 2 is 5 in Japan and 3 is 6.

Nope, 2-4 in Japan. 

10 is pretty much the only FF game I played so I guess I picked a good one.

I'm weird about video games, though. I like to feel like I got EVERYTHING the game has to offer. Games like Arkham do this well -- things like map icons to help you find hidden stuff without making it boringly easy. You also cannot work yourself into a corner that you cannot get out of or miss content with no ability to go back.

FF games (at least 10) was the opposite. There's a certain point in the game where you have to make a certain move. If you don't, you can complete the game but there's something you missed that you can never come back to. It makes me want to play with the guide open to make sure I don't miss anything, but then I feel like I'm just hitting the buttons someone else is telling me to. Not my favorite gameplay style.

10 is pretty much the only FF game I played so I guess I picked a good one.

I'm weird about video games, though. I like to feel like I got EVERYTHING the game has to offer. Games like Arkham do this well -- things like map icons to help you find hidden stuff without making it boringly easy. You also cannot work yourself into a corner that you cannot get out of or miss content with no ability to go back.

FF games (at least 10) was the opposite. There's a certain point in the game where you have to make a certain move. If you don't, you can complete the game but there's something you missed that you can never come back to. It makes me want to play with the guide open to make sure I don't miss anything, but then I feel like I'm just hitting the buttons someone else is telling me to. Not my favorite gameplay style.

Play the remastered version, so much extra to do. There are Dark Aeons, and the super long (repetitive) Penance battle.

All this LoU talk made me want to try to replay it. I'm currently streaming it through ps now on my pstv, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it works. I'll see if my opinion of it changes playing it through a second time.

Me every time I play it now since taking a long break from it:

"DAMMIT, JOEL! FUCKING RUN!!!" - Trying to turn around and run is the hardest thing ever in this game for some reason. Old man status.

"FUCK, JOEL! WHY IS YOUR REACH SHIT?!" - Having to swing at enemies I never get close enough, even with a damn pipe.

I hate to sound old (34) But the last good Final Fantasy's are the US II and III (Japan IV and V) Even in High School when 7 came out I was stoked, bought it and a PSone and hated it. I dont think I got much into the second disc I hated it so much........ terrible. I played I think it was 8? Had a knight and princess, was ok but nothing memorable. 10 was good for the story and graphics 10-2 was odd my ex played it, 12 was eh the "real time combat" was kinda silly. So I think Im done with FF's anymore. I do like Bravely Default a bit similar though no where near as good as the old SNES FF's silly story but same basic turned based combat.

Heeeeeeeell no. Final Fantasy IX is the best Final Fantasy of them all, with VI being up there too.