What video games have you been playing?

Very excited about PSNow - and the Beta has been very cool - works perfectly.

My only concern is the pricing. They added prices an update or two ago and at first they were very high. Old games for like $5.99-7.99 and new games for like $15.99 for rentals depending on the period of the rental. Since then they updated and the prices are now more like $2.99-3.99 for old games and 5-9.99 for newer games.

Hopefully they listen to what seems like overwhelming popular opinion, which would be for a subscription-based payment plan ala Netflix, where you pay $5-10 a month and have access to everything.

I'd much prefer that then paying the price of physical copy of the used game from Gamestop for the same price and being able to play it for the rest of my life on a shitty old ps3 rather than paying 5 bucks for a month's time of access to a game.

That's why I'm not excited about it. I'd rather the Netflix method

Yeah... I understand why they'd prefer the latter. But I'd get REALLY tired REALLY quick of doling out 5-10 bucks a pop, investing a month of time into a game, and if I really like it.. then what? Keep paying 5-10 bucks every time I want to play it in the future? What if I don't finish a game in 30 days due to a vacation or workload or something... I pay 10 bucks again to play the last level?

If it's not a subscription based platform I'll have a hard time using it very often.

They've gotta realize everyone (for the most part) is used to having a game indefinitely until they decide to sell it back or give it away when they are totally done with it.  No one is used to having a 30-day deadline to get every ounce of enjoyment out of a game. I want to be able to revisit games I like... and not pay for them again.

Didn't Netflix start with a similar model when it was mail-order?

I don't see why they wouldn't do something like the DVD plan but - with digital.

Like you are allowed to rent 1 or 2 games at a time with a pricing tier of some kind, but then you can buy extras for the length of your subscription - kind of sort of how the free games work now?

If your account expires you lose the ability to play the "free" games.

I don't know.

But as far as backwards compatibility on next gen goes Xbox claims to be working on it as well - didn't put nearly as much money into streaming though so who knows how long it'll take them.

Didn't Netflix start with a similar model when it was mail-order?

I don't see why they wouldn't do something like the DVD plan but - with digital.

Like you are allowed to rent 1 or 2 games at a time with a pricing tier of some kind, but then you can buy extras for the length of your subscription - kind of sort of how the free games work now?

If your account expires you lose the ability to play the "free" games.

I don't know.

But as far as backwards compatibility on next gen goes Xbox claims to be working on it as well - didn't put nearly as much money into streaming though so who knows how long it'll take them.

I had Netflix back when it was mail order, it was an additional cost in addition to the streaming

I had Netflix back when it was mail order, it was an additional cost in addition to the streaming

I'm talking BEFORE the streaming even.

When it was strictly mail order.

It was something like $7.99 a month got you one disc at a time.

9.99 got you two, or however it broke down..

You could do something similar like $4.99 a month would be access to one game for 30 days.

Where as $10 would net you three for 30 days.

Or however.

I'm talking BEFORE the streaming even.

When it was strictly mail order.

It was something like $7.99 a month got you one disc at a time.

9.99 got you two, or however it broke down..

You could do something similar like $4.99 a month would be access to one game for 30 days.

Where as $10 would net you three for 30 days.

Or however.

Gotcha! Even copying Gamefly's price model would help

Playing Dead Space 3 now bc it's free on Plus this month. Glad I didn't buy it. It is not that good compared to 1-2. Also playing Arkham Origins which is also not that good compared to Asylum and City.

I couldn't really tell if it was a weaker game or they have just gone back to that same well too many times.

I couldn't really tell if it was a weaker game or they have just gone back to that same well too many times.

It was a weaker game for sure! They went full shooter instead of survival horror.

The enemies shot guns for goodness sake!

As for the PSNow pricing plan - I really hope they get it figured out! I don't care how they do it, there seems to be plenty of possibilities, but paying a set price for access to a game for 5,10,15,30 days doesn't work for me :\

I'm gonna take that story with a pretty huge grain of salt. The whole "Nintendo was going to show it at E3 but feared it would hurt Mario Kart sales" thing sounds pretty bogus. I doubt Nintendo would ever worry about one of their best selling franchises being overshadowed by a clone coming out some time in the future.

Gonna do the same thing this week, will prob start a new character for it

Yeah man, I am rolling a fresh char for it. I am going to do a similar, but more streamlined build, though.  This will be like a version 2.0 of the build I plat'd the game with.

Like a new and improved char... except in terms of looks haha... my 1st char I took my time in the character creation. This 2nd char is a total ug-mo hahahahaha.

Then I also have a swordsman I never used cause I made him in order to help a buddy thru co-op but they completely gave up on the game... too tough for them I guess. I spent enough time in char creation to make him look as close to Bradley Cooper as possible.

Yeah man, I am rolling a fresh char for it. I am going to do a similar, but more streamlined build, though. This will be like a version 2.0 of the build I plat'd the game with.

Like a new and improved char... except in terms of looks haha... my 1st char I took my time in the character creation. This 2nd char is a total ug-mo hahahahaha.

Then I also have a swordsman I never used cause I made him in order to help a buddy thru co-op but they completely gave up on the game... too tough for them I guess. I spent enough time in char creation to make him look as close to Bradley Cooper as possible.

We had like a million reply PM going when the game came out, I'll see if it's active when the DLC drops and invite you.

Platinum'd all 3 souls games so far, it'd be cool if they added more trophies with the DLC

We had like a million reply PM going when the game came out, I'll see if it's active when the DLC drops and invite you.

Platinum'd all 3 souls games so far, it'd be cool if they added more trophies with the DLC

Sweet!

Yeah, I'm hoping so as well, I gotta maintain that 100% completion.

All 3 Souls games? BEAST!

I only played Demon's briefly at a friend's place. Completely slept on Dark 1 for some reason. If they weren't so online community-centric I'd go back and play both. I'll prob just look ahead to Bloodborne, and there's another Souls-ish looking game coming called Lords of the Fallen that I might check out.

Sweet!

Yeah, I'm hoping so as well, I gotta maintain that 100% completion.

All 3 Souls games? BEAST!

I only played Demon's briefly at a friend's place. Completely slept on Dark 1 for some reason. If they weren't so online community-centric I'd go back and play both. I'll prob just look ahead to Bloodborne, and there's another Souls-ish looking game coming called Lords of the Fallen that I might check out.

The other two games (especially Demons) don't get dragged down much with no one online tbh. Dark Souls 2 felt like it had the biggest online presence, play the other two!