What video games have you been playing?

Been eyeballing Carmageddon: Reincarnation on Steam for quite a while.  I don't like Early Access but when I saw them came with the first 2 Carmageddons I couldn't pass it up.  First 2 are just loaded with nostalgia and shit I can't stop playing them.  Even the new one, it still has the charm of the originals but in a modern appearance package.  Yea it's a little sluggish and buggy and doesn't have full content but it's going to be amazing once it's officially released.

Plus the xbone's controller is an absolute shitfest.

How so?  I was always under the impression that the 360 controller was considered to be superior to the PS3 controller - at the very least, it was a fine controller.  If the Xbox One controller is an upgraded version of the beloved 360 controller, what makes it a "shitfest"?  Regardless, it's a matter of personal preference.  If chriswamsley is already a Halo fan, he probably enjoys the offset analog sticks.  For me, the Xbox One controller is comfortable, the haptic feedback in the triggers is a really nice touch (especially in games like Forza) and the gamepad has finally been upgraded over the wonky 360 gamepad.  

That game still looks better than a lot of stuff on PS3 and Xboxwhatever. And the storytelling mechanics in it are so AWESOME! You could do nothing but shoot Space Pirates all day and it's still a great game, but scanning every little thing is totally worth it and satisfying. Dang, I think I need to replay Prime sometime soon now.

so this is kind of a general question.  do any of you ever work through a game and stop before it is done or play to finish regardless?

I ask because I have always been dead set on finishing a game once i start it but as of late I have like 3 games i am partially through and just can't seem to muster up the desire to finish them...

so this is kind of a general question. do any of you ever work through a game and stop before it is done or play to finish regardless?

I ask because I have always been dead set on finishing a game once i start it but as of late I have like 3 games i am partially through and just can't seem to muster up the desire to finish them...

Pretty often unfortunately. As of right now my main one is Watch Dogs. I love what I've played, but there's been too many other games coming out I've been playing instead and to be honest I'm not sure when I'll get back to it. Probably not until after the holiday season at the earliest. But then again that's probably a lie. The beginning of next year is when the majority of the good looking games are coming out!

Generally I play until I beat a game.  Sometimes I'll stop halfway though, start another game, play until I beat that one and then go back and finish the other one.  I don't really switch back and forth though.  Once it's in my console I intend to finish it, and then move on to the next.

I also have a couple games I bought and haven't even played. Dead Space 2 and Saints Row IV are the two big ones. I definitely intend to cause I loved the first Dead Space and heard the second was even better. Kinda pissed they're re-releasing Saints Row IV though. Since I have the original for the 360 I don't think I can do that upgrade thing for a PS4 copy (if they even do that for this).

Generally I play until I beat a game.  Sometimes I'll stop halfway though, start another game, play until I beat that one and then go back and finish the other one.  I don't really switch back and forth though.  Once it's in my console I intend to finish it, and then move on to the next.

I have always been that way. it will go in and not come out until its done.  right now though I have assassins creed III, Batman Arkham Origins and Metal Gear Rising all between 10-75% complete and i havent picked them up in weeks/months and contemplating just starting a new game...

dont like this....

I'm playing Dark Souls II right now.  New DLC drops tomorrow so I'm trying to get as far as I can with this new char.  Then I plan on playing all 3 DLCs in order or release all the way through.

Good fucking luck. I think I was halfway through the second one before I got distracted.

Bleh, yeah.  Even the shit after Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls is better than Dark Souls 2. I thought about buying the last two but.. I just can't bring myself to do it. I'll wait for bloodborne.

If Dark Souls came out for PS4 in ANY WAY (DIGITAL COPY PLEASE GODDAMMIT) I'd sell my xbox and all my games right now.

Bleh, yeah.  Even the shit after Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls is better than Dark Souls 2. I thought about buying the last two but.. I just can't bring myself to do it. I'll wait for bloodborne.

If Dark Souls came out for PS4 in ANY WAY (DIGITAL COPY PLEASE GODDAMMIT) I'd sell my xbox and all my games right now.

Did you happen to grab the white blacksteel katana in the majula chest and not care about giving it away?