What video games have you been playing?

Anybody getting Alien: Isolation?  I'm torn... part of me thinks it could be interesting but the other part just wants to wait for Evil Within.  I don't like the idea of being completely helpless and just having to hide all the time. I think it would be fun, but not the whole time.

I also never saw the original Alien so, the nostalgia factor isn't there for me.

Thinking I might just buy it to try it and then if I don't like it sell it back to Gstop when I buy Evil Within...

Everything i have seen on alien isolation looks like the graphics rule, its a great homage to the first alien movie and it is the best alien game option out there.

But, by no means is it really great. Its repetitive, the helpless factor gets quite annoying and its super long. Apparently save points are few and far between and the aliens are random so you could be standing two feet away from one walking to it and an alien will come from the rafters an kill you.

I plan on picking it up but only when it moves to a budget title price range.

I thought about getting Alien: Isolation for a while but I decided I'm just gonna wait. I have to many other things to play right now (The Last Of Us, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros.) and plus The Evil Within comes out next week and that's been one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Also, I believe you can get weapons in Alien Isolation Rook, but I don't think you can hurt the Alien with them lol. Oh, and definitely watch the original Alien.

Yeah I know I've gotta watch the movie.. And yeah I read about the weapons but, you're right, they don't hurt the Alien maybe just make it run, or maybe just make it mad.

The gameplay I've seen looks intriguing enough to make me interested, but I don't know if I'm interested enough to risk the 20-40 dollar hit I'll be taking when I go to sell it back to Gamestop next Friday :P

Which, naturally, makes me want it more.

I just realized I have 3 3ds games with sell-back prices of $20. So, I'm gonna head home, then head back to Gamestop and trade those in for the game. Unless Mordor is better... damn gonna have to read some reviews of that one.

EDIT: Eh, I didn't like Assassins Creed at all so safe to say Mordor isn't for me.

Yeah I know I've gotta watch the movie.. And yeah I read about the weapons but, you're right, they don't hurt the Alien maybe just make it run, or maybe just make it mad.

The gameplay I've seen looks intriguing enough to make me interested, but I don't know if I'm interested enough to risk the 20-40 dollar hit I'll be taking when I go to sell it back to Gamestop next Friday :P

Which, naturally, makes me want it more.

The way the weapons seem to be is either it a)does nothing at all or B) scares them and they go run and hide briefly.

Based on some reviews i have seen you can be hiding in a vent or locker, not moving and the alien will leave then magically find you. I am all for random AI but man that would/will annoy me when i play it...

This shit is ruining gaming. Whatever happened to unlocking things, you know, by progression alone? These paid shortcuts really piss me off.

This shit is ruining gaming. Whatever happened to unlocking things, you know, by progression alone? These paid shortcuts really piss me off.

They tried that shit with Diablo III and it blew up in their faces and removed it from the game. I hate stuff like that.

All this trade talk got me cleaning out my own library and i got a couple hundred in credit so I picked up Alien and Metro:Redux for XBONE. So far i'm really digging Metro, it requires a great deal of patience but I find the stealth mechanics to be quite rewarding.

Also ended up joining the VC crew in Forza Horizon 2. You guys, we gotta step our game up! 

All this trade talk got me cleaning out my own library and i got a couple hundred in credit so I picked up Alien and Metro:Redux for XBONE. So far i'm really digging Metro, it requires a great deal of patience but I find the stealth mechanics to be quite rewarding.

Also ended up joining the VC crew in Forza Horizon 2. You guys, we gotta step our game up!

We need some more people to join the VC crew on Horizon. Anyone else playing?