What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

No clue, I refuse to pay $15 for 5 maps.

Edit: They appear to be broken still for some people, and causing a whole slew of problems on xbox live.

I have put 25 hours into Mass Effect 2 in the last three days. The first one was probably my favorite game of the 3D era, and this one just blows it out of the water. I'm already thinking about how I want to play when I start my second playthough.

I'm about to leave work early just to go and play more. mmmmmmm

Guest eriathomas

I caved and bought the map packs because a few friends tossed me a few bucks for them. I hate how they are mosh pit now, and won't be playing them again until they are in the normal game rotation.

I hope to beat final fantasy tomorrow or Thursday, because it's taken me way too long and I have a few more rpgs I want to start.

Guest eriathomas

I'm not sure what level to grind to on FFXIII for the final boss. I'm thinking until all my characters have at least 3 of the roles maxed out (as far as they go now). Anyone who has beat it have any suggestions?

i'm not seeing what the huge deal with ME2 is so far. the took away about all the RPG elements and the old weapon system, replaced it with a squad based 3rd person shooter, stupid clips which make no sense after the first games' system, and the scanning planets is fucking horrible. i'd much rather drive around and find the stuff like in the first game.

i'm not seeing what the huge deal with ME2 is so far. the took away about all the RPG elements and the old weapon system, replaced it with a squad based 3rd person shooter, stupid clips which make no sense after the first games' system, and the scanning planets is fucking horrible. i'd much rather drive around and find the stuff like in the first game.

It has an amazing story, it runs like a dream the characters are compelling, the combat is smooth, it's better written then at least 95% of movies out there, the character classes are fantastic and each playthrough is unique to that player. but that's just my opinion!

Guest eriathomas

I'm pretty sure that I'll be tossing MW2 up on ebay soon. It's gotten beyond frustrating and annoying since the new maps came out. I'll should also be finishing FFXIII tonight.

Guest eriathomas

I finally finished the story out in FFXIII. The end boss was easier then everyone made it out to be, but I'm sure it'll take a full level 10 grid to 5-star it. I'm going to try to finish out a bunch of achievements before starting Resonance of Fate.

Edit: Also anyone looking to get into Mass Effect, here's a deal for ME 1 and 2 for $49.64 shipped.

http://www.gamerhotline.com/mass-effect-2-pc-download-29-95/

Guest eriathomas

I'm on my way to doing all the missions in FFXIII. So far I've been going in order (post-game, so a few here and there are done randomly) and I've 5-stared the first 29. A few took 3-4 tries to get the 5-star rating, but it was good CP to reattempt a few of them.

I just bought 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand, Brutal Legend, Deadly Premonition, Hitman: Blood Money, The Saboteur and Skate 2 for 360 for $120 CDN. All brand new.

I am totally off the buying games right when they come out train, unless it's something I really, really want to play as soon as possible. I am not able to play multiplayer games anymore because of my horrible connection, so there really is nothing that I feel like I can't wait to play.

I'm playing through Assassin's Creed 2 right now after just finishing Mass Effect 2. I really liked the first games in both series and I think the sequels to both were improvements, and in the case of Assassin's Creed 2, a HUGE improvement.

Also, I don't know if it's been posted in this thread already, but does anyone else use Goozex to trade games? I signed up a few months ago and if you don't mind waiting to get some games, you can get much better deals than trading at Gamestop/EB or even eBay.