What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

I just started the missions on FFXIII, and damn it's hard as hell to get 5 stars right off the start. I think I'm going to wait for post game to try to get those achievements. It's also going to take a shit ton of grinding to get everyone leveled up in each class, when stuff costs like 4000-8000 cp on level 3. I can't imagine how much it'll be for level 4 after you finish the game. The missions are fun, but there is way too much walking involved in some. I should have enough steps for the one achievement by the time I get to Vanille's house at the rate I'm walking around.

i think im nearing the end of chapter 9 now on FFXIII. sort of dreading this boss everybody seems to have a hard time with.

I didn't have much of a problem, but I think I got lucky since he did not cast doom on me.

The chapter 10 boss kicked my ass once he was staggered, but I only tried once. I think I went about it all wrong, but will have another go after work. I'm looking forward to the side quests next chapter, to get some CP and stuff.

i actually had 0 problems with the chapter 9 boss but i didnt have doom cast on me either. chapter 10 boss took four tries though.

Guest eriathomas

Yeah, it took me 4 or 5 tries to beat Cid, he was easy up until he evolved.

Which characters and paradigms is everyone using? My main set-up is Lightning/Hope/Fang. I start the battle with Rav/Syn/Sen, then once everyone is protected and such, I switch to Rav/Rav/Com. I also have a few healing ones, like Rav/Med/Com, and Med/Med/Sen if I'm really hurting.

Yeah, it took me 4 or 5 tries to beat Cid, he was easy up until he evolved.

Which characters and paradigms is everyone using? My main set-up is Lightning/Hope/Fang. I start the battle with Rav/Syn/Sen, then once everyone is protected and such, I switch to Rav/Rav/Com. I also have a few healing ones, like Rav/Med/Com, and Med/Med/Sen if I'm really hurting.

Same people, I usually use rav/rav/sen or rav/rav/com. I'm at the first version of the last boss. Even with three cherubs crowns on he randomly casts death on me and it works every time.

I have been literally doing nothing but watching movies and playing 360 with all my spare time since Christmas. It's mostly because I live somewhere where there is literally NOTHING to do with your spare time. (Isolated Arctic Community)

I have been playing only 360 games (catching up not having a 360 for almost 2 years) and not buying very many PS3 games during that time. Mostly only single-player games that I can play for 1 - 3 hours and come back the next day. Online is not really an option up here. I got Bad Company to work amazingly for 15 minutes today, and it almost felt like Christmas Day when I was a kid.

Sort of grinding through Assassin's Creed for the second time right now. I haven't played it since it first came out and I just picked up AC2, so I wanted to actually finish the first one before playing that one, since I hear it's actually good - which the first one wasn't really.

Also, as I mentioned before playing the first Bad Company for the first time, and there are quite a few things that this game does way better than the Modern Warfare series. The weapon sounds especially. I'll probably end up getting BC2 just to play the single-player.

Finally got deeper into the FFXIII battle system, and I am surprised how alright I am with not actually selecting my battle commands. Shit gets frantic sometimes, so Paradigm Shifting at the right time is management enough. Need to play more, just got into chapter 4, want a few of the characters to die so I don't have to deal with them anymore...

I played so much Nazi Zombies on COD:WaW with my friends this weekend, and again I'm behind on school. Damn Xbox 360 is going to keep me from finishing my Masters.

I want to buy GTA4 and FFXIII but I will never do anything productive again. When I bought ACII I stayed up until 4am a lot and stopped subbing, which is terrible because I certainly need the money. Probably explains why I only went grocery shopping once during a 2 month period.

Guest eriathomas

Cie'th Stone mission 7 keeps fucking me up. The first time I fought the cie'th I got it down to like 20% life, but it's damn one lightning attack fucks me up. I guess I need to find some lightning rings and upgrade them or something, since I want to at least get the C rank ones done before I continue the story. I'm not sure if I want to do the B and A right away, or post game.

Anyone on the missions know where the fuck 8 is? I'm using this guide, and it does not show a way to get to 8, unless I need to use a warp stone (which I have yet to see any, but I could just be a moron).

did anyone else play the Splinter Cell: Conviction demo and feel a wee bit underwhelmed? =(

didnt finish it.

way too much trial and error.

Yea, I agree. I might just call off my pre-order. I mean maybe i'll play it sometime in the future when it costs lesss or my income is better but I wasn't impressed enough for it to be worth a day one purchase.

Cie'th Stone mission 7 keeps fucking me up. The first time I fought the cie'th I got it down to like 20% life, but it's damn one lightning attack fucks me up. I guess I need to find some lightning rings and upgrade them or something, since I want to at least get the C rank ones done before I continue the story. I'm not sure if I want to do the B and A right away, or post game.

Anyone on the missions know where the fuck 8 is? I'm using this guide, and it does not show a way to get to 8, unless I need to use a warp stone (which I have yet to see any, but I could just be a moron).

that is the same guide i have been using and i was able to find it without a warp stone....i have done about 25 of them, going to try and finish a few more up tomorrow. i think i am near a point of no return

the end boss of chapter 11 is also a major pain. 3.3M HP and you have 20 minutes before it puts the doom counter on...took about 6 tries to beat (on try 2 i had him to less than 20k HP when the timer ran out)

Guest eriathomas

that is the same guide i have been using and i was able to find it without a warp stone....i have done about 25 of them, going to try and finish a few more up tomorrow. i think i am near a point of no return

the end boss of chapter 11 is also a major pain. 3.3M HP and you have 20 minutes before it puts the doom counter on...took about 6 tries to beat (on try 2 i had him to less than 20k HP when the timer ran out)

How do I get there from the 7th stone?

You can do all the missions again post game, since that is when the final level of the crystalthingy unlocks, so it;s the only way to get the achievements for getting to level 5 in all, and maxing everyone out.

here is my rough description of how to get to 8

align the map so that the ! to go to vanilles house is straight to the left. walk right to the edge of the map. hopefully you will pass a very tiny island looking thing, when you get there, walk about 120 degrees south east into a narrow path. it is very close to stone 1 and may even have been where we came out from to start the level

Guest eriathomas
here is my rough description of how to get to 8

align the map so that the ! to go to vanilles house is straight to the left. walk right to the edge of the map. hopefully you will pass a very tiny island looking thing, when you get there, walk about 120 degrees south east into a narrow path. it is very close to stone 1 and may even have been where we came out from to start the level

Okay, I know where that is in the main area. Now just need to remember how to get back, since GP is huge. Thanks Vince.

my ff set up right now is currently lightning sazh and vanille and i kick it off with rav/syn/med to get my haste on then switch to rav/rav/med and throw in some rav/syn/sab to really fuck with the enemies. i switch it up a lot though and sometimes put snow or fang in there if i need a sentinel. i never use hope cause i feel like his only strength is rav and everyone else who's a rav is just as good and i guess he's not a bad medic but vanille is the bestest best medic. also sazh is a way better synergist than hope thanks to haste.