What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

Seriously fuck that final mission in FFXIII. I've followed all the guides, and watched a few youtube videos of people beating it, and I still get my ass kicked when he has less then 25% health left. It's fucking frustrating.

Guest eriathomas

I finally beat the Mission 64 mark. It took like 8 tries, and a lot of luck, but I did it. I only got 3 stars on it, which means I have to do it again to get the 5 star achievement, but it'll be the last one I try since I have 3-4 others to re-do as well.

I really don't feel like investing anymore time in FFXIII just for 2 more achievements, I have way too many other RPGs to play. I plan on starting resonance of fate later tonight. I know some one else started this game a bit ago, how is it?

Guest markovianprocess

I've restarted playing GTA4. I don't think I actually got very far last time, but I'm so glad I decided to pick it up again.

I've also got a Mega Drive flash cart arriving in a few days from the Ukraine, it will be so nice to play proper Sega games I've missed out on a real console. I've got loads, but there are a few, like Mutant League Hockey, that I haven't been able to play on the real console because it goes for a decent bit of money.

It has about as much replay value as the other campaigns. New campaign, new gametype, new maps for Scavenge/Versus, and new achievements if that's your thing. And for $7, that's a bargain.

At least they didn't pull a MW2 Stimulus Package on us. (From what I recall about L4D1's Crash Course, Valve actually tried to make it free, like it is on the PC, but Microsoft insisted they charge for it, and apparently $7 was the minimum they could charge. Probably the same thing that happened with the L4D2 DLC.)

I've been playing Halo 3 a lot again. 5 more days until the Halo: Reach beta!

Guest eriathomas

Quite possibly, my buddy has it too but I don't know if he'll be into the ops missions.

I also borrowed L4D2 from a friend to play the new DLC, but I forgot I have no points, so I need to go get some.

Guest eriathomas

I borrowed L4D2 from a friend to play the passing, and I like the new level a lot. I have only played offline since I've been downloading stuff all day, so have not done any scavenger or versus yet, but it should be fun.

I think my 360 is dying :(. It froze up twice earlier, and the audio and video lagged bad on l4d2 until I restarted it and loaded it up again. hopefully it's just a fluke, since I don't feel like buying a new one right now.

Guest eriathomas

I went back and 5-starred all the mission in FFXIII. Mission 64 gave me no trouble the second time around, because I figured out good paradigms to use and such. I'm debating finishing up the 1000g or not, but if I do, the damn treasure hunter achievement is going to take forever.

I also kind of started Splinter Cell, but I'm really bad at stealth games, so it's kind of been meh to me so far. Hopefully the co-op stuff will be cool.

Skate 3 demo is out, i love this series of games. Can't wait for it to come out!!!
yeah it'll be so sick. I still never got the second one though, gotta get on that...

haha

You should be able to find it dirt cheap right now. I just bought it again for 360 for 17.99 CDN new. It's definitely an improvement on the first game, and I'd say it's worth having if only because they've done away with the totally open city for the third game, so if you like being able to just roll around popping tricks off random city objects and cruising the streets, you should own Skate 2.

Guest eriathomas

Anyone been playing Splinter Cell Conviction co-op on split screen having any problems with the second controller just stop working when the game is paused for more then a minute? It's been happening every time we pause it at work when the phone rings, and I have to restart my xbox for it to work again, it's annoying.