Post a PIC Of Your Collection (Band or Label ONLY)

HOLY HELL!!!!!!!! I am drooling over that SDRE collection as I'm still missing quite a few. Seriously, what the hell is the deal with that crazy ass splatter version of Diary??? I have never seen it and it just looks amazing. I must track one down.

Edit - I actually did some research and figured out the deal with the splatter version. I am very amazed I never knew about it (or even seen it) as I've been a huge SDRE fanboy for over 13 years.

So here is my incomplete Wonder Years Collection

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I included all of my CD's, Shirts and what not cause I am something of a nerd

My Upsides 2nd Presses are still on their way, but other than that all I really need are the ones that are going to be super hard to get

Won't Be pathetic Forever - Purple 1/100 First Press

Won't Be Pathetic Forever - Brown 1/200 First Press

Leavenhouse 11:30 - Purple Screen Print Friends Press 1/50

The Upsides - Blue - 1/200 First Press

The Upsides - White - 1/400 First Press

Suburbia - Record Release Show Version - 1/50

Suburbia - Orange - Hot Topic Exclusive - 1/600

If anyone has any of these and would be willing to sell them for a reasonable price please let me know. I don't have a lot of cash right now, but would love to be able to complete this collection finally

this band is so cheesy, and not in a good way

Sunny Day Real Estate:

[image]

The only thing I have that's not in the photo is the test pressing for the Bacteria Sour 7" because it is part of a box set of test pressings called "Butcher Box" of which there were 5 numbered copies made.

all this time i've just envyed you.

now i offically hate you.

also, i saw one of those diary splatters on ebay a few months ago, and the disc was backlit, it looked beautiful. they were a foreign pressing, but i don't remember from where. south america maybe?

I decided it was time to take a new Minor Threat picture. I chose only to show vinyl. But I had to stick to official vinyl only, not bootlegs are pictured due to space issues.

[image]

Why do you have 6 copies of the s/t 12" with the red cover? Was there something different about them all? I understand collecting variants, I do it all the time, but I don't get the multiple copies of the exact same thing which seems to be a lot going on of in your photo.

I decided it was time to take a new Minor Threat picture. I chose only to show vinyl. But I had to stick to official vinyl only, not bootlegs are pictured due to space issues.

Why do you have 6 copies of the s/t 12" with the red cover? Was there something different about them all? I understand collecting variants, I do it all the time, but I don't get the multiple copies of the exact same thing which seems to be a lot going on of in your photo.

Their are at least six different pressings of the s/t 12" with the red cover, hence my six copies.

Only the UK/Germany versions of s/t and OOS are doubles since I upgraded them to better quality ones and I want to trade away the others for other stuff I am still looking for.

What were the red differences? Was it the list price or was there other differences? I honestly had no idea there were variations to that red cover 12".

Listing price, manufacturing countries are different, slightly changed layouts those kind of differences. I think it is on the border of sane/insane, but I think Minor Threat is the only band that is worth it.

More info here:

http://outofstepsince81.wordpress.com

and

http://crucialxtimes.com/xdx/?p=13932

I did decided to stop for a few months and focus on other matters outside vinyl collecting for a bit.

Hey can you help me out with some pressing info?

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61124&start=0

It is 11th pressing, but please be aware I am estimating there can be up to 7 different pressings for the LP with $7.00 mark.

But just like this blog tells you:

"I imagine there must be a million other variations of either the $5 or the $7 green cover but I think I will throw a towel on this one. Trying to collect ALL the green cover variation would be borderline pathological."

Cure Collection on the other page is awesome. I might have posted this pic before, but oh well, here's my Cure collection:

[image]

I asked this before, but how does the digitally remastered repress of Disintegration sound compared to the original? I have the repress, but I have not heard the original. I'm weary of digitally remastered reissues as they tend to lack the analog magic and sound flat and sterile.

Cure Collection on the other page is awesome. I might have posted this pic before, but oh well, here's my Cure collection:

[image]

I asked this before, but how does the digitally remastered repress of Disintegration sound compared to the original? I have the repress, but I have not heard the original. I'm weary of digitally remastered reissues as they tend to lack the analog magic and sound flat and sterile.

there is a shop near by that has wild mood swings and blood flowers for $40 each if you are interested.

last i checked at least.

i'd have to call first.

edit.

called them. they do have these, but they are $50 each, not $40.

i know the owner though. it's possible i can talk him down.

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic