Post a PIC Of Your Collection (Band or Label ONLY)

MRC,

What do you think about Like Bats? It's my friends band and they seem to be getting pretty popular as of late.

I really like that song on the comp and was surprised how good it was. but i havent heard much else besides that and 1 other song.

Do they have anything else pressed/released?

They've got a four song demo cd that you can get through Traffic Street and I believe they are working on a split 7" that will come out in the near future.

The store had the black/blue inside out records for a very long time till they sold, now they had this splatter one as restock. So I really think it´s a new press. Plus the store basicly sells new stuff, not used records

Let me know if you hear back from Shizophrenic

Yeah, if you see another copy like that I'd really appreciate it if you grabbed it for me.

I'll let you know if/when I hear back from Schizophrenic.

There might be a black that's regular weight too...but I'm not going to be that anal.

I believe black was always 180g for that release. Man I am so envious of that collection. I would really like such blinding stars and storms of an early summer, and i would be content with that. What an awesome collection I'll +1 you when i get the chance.

Thanks man, it's the only band I worked on for a while, and there's been a lot of awesome people on this board and deadformat that helped me out with it.

i did but i finally got the pic disc for a cheap price. its an import and i could never find it cheaper than 20 bucks

i also have a shirt and a flyer for a tour. i wish i had a sticker like this one at the bottom right of tim armstrongs guitar case.

the band had them at a show i saw them at in 04 but i forgot to pick one up

[image]

Cursive | The Ugly Organ | Saddle Creek | Clear Green | 2nd press

Cursive | The Ugly Organ | Saddle Creek | 180 gram black | 1st press

I'm pretty sure there are 2 different versions of this on green. The first press on regular weight, and then the press that is still available on 180 gram, which would be the third.

yes there is. you can tell by the stickers on the cover as well.

original green pressing is ribbon shaped, the newer is square.

Ummmm, this is my complete Look Mexico collection as of 09/09, kind of stoked! My screen printed versions are unnumbered because I saved myself copies of each color when I screen printed them. If you wanted to get serious, they could be numbered 55, 56, 57 out of 54. I bought the white one through VC though. Also not sure how many tests for the LP and chuck is unsure of how many tests were done for gasp asp. Oh and sorry for the super crappy photochop skills, it is what it is.

[image]

Fake Problems / Look Mexico - Under The Influence - /300 turquoise/white split

Fake Problems / Look Mexico - Under The Influence - /700 yellow

Fake Problems / Look Mexico - Under The Influence - 9/10 test press

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - /54 Yellow screen print (unnumbered)

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - /54 White screen print (unnumbered)

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - /54 Black screen print (unnumbered)

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - 20/54 White VC Exclusive Screen Print /10

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - /20 green (VC exclusive)

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - /200 light blue

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - /200 white

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - /600 green

Look Mexico - Gasp Asp - test press

Look Mexico - This Is Animal Music - /100 Black and Cream Swirl

Look Mexico - This Is Animal Music - /20 Test Press

Look Mexico - This Is Animal Music - /400 Cream

Look Mexico - This Is Animal Music - /500 Black

this thread makes me want to stop collecting :-/. I'm someone that doesn't need multiple copies of the same album so I couldn't have a complete collection of anything

Just make your own criterias for collecting. There is no definite set of rules. If you don't need multiple versions of one single release, there's absolutely no reason to bug yourself about it.

With most artists I'm absolutely satisfied with doing the single variant collections. In a few cases I go for the variants, if the goal seems realistic and I really like the band.

But I still really enjoy checking out those massive collections that pop up here in this thread!

updated The Wednesdays collection:

[image]

After taking this shot, I realized that I left out the Jackson Rubio Rockabilly & Western Gospel Hymns comp. Oh well, save it for next time. As far as I know, I'm only missing the Lee County Killers split 7" (second from bottom) on translucent blue, the s/t cassette, the s/t 7" (upper left) on black and the This is Florence comp 7".

updated The Pine Hill Haints collection:

[image]

As far as I know, the only thing I'm missing is the God, The Devil and the Two By the Gate 12" with the inverted, black on white cover. It's also possible that the Alabama Ghost Country Music 7" exists on more than the 3 colors I have. The kid that put it out is colorblind, so nobody really knows how many different colors there are/were (many of the copies were also lost in a fire).

Let me know if you have anything I'm missing!

damn, I'm missing a good bit of the Wednesdays stuff. still missing the From the Front Porch comp for the Haints stuff. you into/collecting his Rise Up Howlin' Werewolf stuff as well? if so I know there's two different cover variations for the 7" put out by Vertical House (Brown Cardstock and White). I'm friends with the couple that own/operates Vertical House so let me know if you want a copy of both and I can get one of each if you like...or you can just e-mail 'em and tell 'em you'd like a copy of each of the variations...that might be easier. also if you were into Jaime's brother's stuff, The Natchez Shakers, he (Joey) put together a new album called "Revival Now" and it sounds exactly like The Natchez Shakers stuff.

Bitchin' Jaime collection

damn, I'm missing a good bit of the Wednesdays stuff. still missing the From the Front Porch comp for the Haints stuff. you into/collecting his Rise Up Howlin' Werewolf stuff as well? if so I know there's two different cover variations for the 7" put out by Vertical House (Brown Cardstock and White). I'm friends with the couple that own/operates Vertical House so let me know if you want a copy of both and I can get one of each if you like...or you can just e-mail 'em and tell 'em you'd like a copy of each of the variations...that might be easier. also if you were into Jaime's brother's stuff, The Natchez Shakers, he (Joey) put together a new album called "Revival Now" and it sounds exactly like The Natchez Shakers stuff.

Bitchin' Jaime collection

Thanks. I have that RUHW on brown, and I saw it on white at the last Haints show, but I didn't snag it. Does Revival Now have anything besides the First Revivalationist Project cd?

this thread makes me want to stop collecting :-/. I'm someone that doesn't need multiple copies of the same album so I couldn't have a complete collection of anything

You should have a focus on a band and besides that band you only try to buy records that might be "sold out" soon.. Its not always working but worth a try, haha

TITLE FIGHT:

[image]

(left to right starting at top)

record release 2/22/08-2/23/08, clear blue 20/50

black, weekend press 1/30

test pressing, black 10/10

mint toothpaste /19

red preorder color /50

green /100

blue /100

white /100

black /150

need to update this soon. i have a lot of shirts too.

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic