Brand New - Daisy on LP

i've never listened to the band, but i like the album art. Can someone look at my list and tell me if i should check them out, and if so, where do i start?

going by your trade list you should definitely check them out. their first full length, "Your favorite Weapon" is more on the pop punk side. with each album they are progressing more and more towards indie rock. "Deja Entendu" most consider their best work. I wouldn't pass over listening to any of their albums but if you start with Deja that should give you an idea if you dig the band or not.

not to start the age old debate, but i would rank the albums:

Deja Entendu > Your Favorite Weapon > The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

i've never listened to the band, but i like the album art. Can someone look at my list and tell me if i should check them out, and if so, where do i start?

going by your trade list you should definitely check them out. their first full length, "Your favorite Weapon" is more on the pop punk side. with each album they are progressing more and more towards indie rock. "Deja Entendu" most consider their best work. I wouldn't pass over listening to any of their albums but if you start with Deja that should give you an idea if you dig the band or not.

thanks man i appreciate it!

thanks man i appreciate it!

I respect his opinion, but as far as I'm concerned The Devil and God is a musical masterpiece and is miles ahead of their earlier work. Deja is an incredible album on its own as well though.

Jesse is only a dick if you catch him walking around at a show before or after their set. i've talked to him a few times outside a venue, he's never super cheerful but we talked for a few minutes. as long as you don't run up to him screaming "oh my god it's jesse" with a camera in your hand and create a mob scene you should be ok. act like an uber fan and he's not willing to give you the time of day.

I spoke to Jesse at length after a show in London a couple of years back, he was great.

Stoked for the album, new song sounds great, looking forward to getting the vinyl, but still hoping for 'Devil & God...' to appear on vinyl some time soon, along with my hand written lyrics...

has anybody found out if vc is getting these? i dont want to message virgil if he's already been asked a bunch of times

i was just about to ask!