so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

That's Egon from Ghostbusters the cartoon correct?  My little brother was a huge fan of that cartoon way back in the day.  He had all the toys based off the cartoon.

Yep, not my first choice on the paper cuts...but one I am more than happy to own.  They were sold randomly so you didn't know which one you were going to get.

Edition or 1/1?

1/1 He made about 300 different silhouttes for a gallery show and this was one.  They are all one of one, except for a few larger run ones like a fleet of storm troppers (x/30) and Monarch Henchmen (Venture Bros x/30).

You can check out most of them Here-> http://ollymosspapercuts.blogspot.com/

1/1 He made about 300 different silhouttes for a gallery show and this was one.  They are all one of one, except for a few larger run ones like a fleet of storm troppers (x/30) and Monarch Henchmen (Venture Bros x/30).

You can check out most of them Here-> http://ollymosspapercuts.blogspot.com/

I believe these are new paper cuts that he's doing, different from the gallery show.  There are a few that were released via TB that were editioned out of 30 or so.  Most people from TB got an editioned copy so you got pretty lucky your PB was able to snag an OG for you.  Those editioned copies are selling for much less that the OG 1/1 paper cuts like the one you received.  The rest will be released sometime in the new year randomly via his webstore, according to Olly.  

I believe these are new paper cuts that he's doing, different from the gallery show.  There are a few that were released via TB that were editioned out of 30 or so.  Most people from TB got an editioned copy so you got pretty lucky your PB was able to snag an OG for you.  Those editioned copies are selling for much less that the OG 1/1 paper cuts like the one you received.  The rest will be released sometime in the new year randomly via his webstore, according to Olly.  

Correct thats what mine is a new one.  The new ones have been selling for ~$600ish (publicly) already....which is a pretty big jump from the original cost in just a few weeks.  Think the lower ebay prices may be more based on the fact that they are not as popular characters as the originals.  For example the Simpsons family big bucks....grandpa simpson less bucks.  All of the ones pictured above are 1/1 except the three you mentioned.

Looks great! How was the show?

man it was PERFECT. I couldn't have asked for a better set. He told a story about this one guy who PISSED him off in Santa Barbara because he kept doing a single clap after every little thing he would do and it just annoyed him so much haha.

edit: here's the setlist:

01 - I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

02 - Remember the Mountain Bed

03 - Wait Up [uncle Tupelo]

04 - You And I

05 - A Long Time Ago

06 - (Was I) In Your Dreams

07 - The Ruling Class [Loose Fur]

08 - Dawned On Me

09 - Radio Cure

10 - Pot Kettle Black

11 - She's a Jar

12 - Someday Soon

13 - Via Chicago

14 - Born Alone

15 - Jesus, Etc.

16 - Heavy Metal Drummer

17 - Hesitating Beauty

18 - Laminated Cat (aka Not For The Season)

Encore:

19 - Misunderstood

20 - California Stars

21 - Passenger Side

22 - I'm the Man Who Loves You

Correct thats what mine is a new one.  The new ones have been selling for ~$600ish (publicly) already....which is a pretty big jump from the original cost in just a few weeks.  Think the lower ebay prices may be more based on the fact that they are not as popular characters as the originals.  For example the Simpsons family big bucks....grandpa simpson less bucks.  All of the ones pictured above are 1/1 except the three you mentioned.

I think Moe and Krusty will fetch a boatload, grandpa is probably less because he's kind of a lesser character in the sitcom.  I also think they're selling for lower because in the poster community, older usually means better to people, thus more expensive.  Give it a few years and the 1/1s will be worth about the same.

The quick jump in price is to be expected because his paper cuts are insanely popular (probably due to the fact that nearly all are viewed as Moss OGs).

I think Moe and Krusty will fetch a boatload, grandpa is probably less because he's kind of a lesser character in the sitcom.  I also think they're selling for lower because in the poster community, older usually means better to people, thus more expensive.  Give it a few years and the 1/1s will be worth about the same.

The quick jump in price is to be expected because his paper cuts are insanely popular (probably due to the fact that nearly all are viewed as Moss OGs).

O yeah I am in no way worried about the value just excited to get one, would prefer one from the show like the Pinky & the Brain combo...Hell Yeah.  Am I completely happy with a Ghostbusters one instead...HELL YEAH.  Re-watched the movie over the weekend and it holds ups so good.  Fingers crossed one more of these cuts go up for sale Ill get a chance at them.  I have F5 ready and sleeping bag rolled up if he decides to take them to SXSW or SDCC.

I got my "polished and powdered" today. My local store had no frames in 16x24, so it looks like I might have to get it professionally done right away (sometimes, i.e. all the time, I stick them in cheap frames until I can afford to get it done).

I got my "polished and powdered" today. My local store had no frames in 16x24, so it looks like I might have to get it professionally done right away (sometimes, i.e. all the time, I stick them in cheap frames until I can afford to get it done).

Check on amazon. If I can't find it in store that's always the next place I look, but 16x24 is a common poster frame so you shouldn't have a hard time finding one.