so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

Esao Andrews has been increasing his run sizes of his prints, which should hopefully help. I hate how expensive they're getting, but good for him. If he sells all 350 of them on Monday (which I have absolutely no DOUBT he will), he'll make $42,000 in one day. That's crazy.

He's not exactly killing it. He makes good money as a well known artist but those 3-4 print drops a year are likely a sizeable chunk of his income (and you know he's not making $42k profit).

He's not exactly killing it. He makes good money as a well known artist but those 3-4 print drops a year are likely a sizeable chunk of his income (and you know he's not making $42k profit).

Safe to say he's making 100k+ per year, which for an artist is pretttttty fucking nuts.

True, but he has an insane work ethic

Well, yeah. Not saying he doesn't deserve it. Dude's a workhorse and he puts out quality stuff. Guy above just seemed to be downplaying how much money he was making, and between prints, licensing artwork, etc. He's definitely making a buttload more money than most artists.

Well, yeah. Not saying he doesn't deserve it. Dude's a workhorse and he puts out quality stuff. Guy above just seemed to be downplaying how much money he was making, and between prints, licensing artwork, etc. He's definitely making a buttload more money than most artists.

Yeah, I know it's not profit. But for any artist to be making his living solely off of his art is pretty insane.

I've contemplated selling my Drifters print (deluxe album art for Blue Sky Noise) but mine was shipped in between two flat pieces of cardboard and bent in half by the mail people. Big crease across the middle. I think Esao was a little stoned packaging prints that day.

That is actually a common way of shipping prints. It's better for them than rolling them up. USPS just sucks.