Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I just got this from SRC

Hi Glenn,

I understand your frustrated but this shipped a long time ago and if it did not show up we will have to reship it. I also have to look into this and make sure we have all the product to reship. Sorry for the delay but this is being looked into.

Thanks,

Danny

From what I understand this is was they tell everyone.

How is SRC with preorders? I preordered the new Torche LP through them and now I'm hoping that I wont have a horror story of my own.

well i pre oredered a glassjaw album a month before it was released last year and never got it. I called and they said " OHH we didn't have enough ". I was so pissed i asked what is the point of pre ordering if you don't have enough and don't even bother telling me. The kick in the Dick was I saw it on record store day last year and passed on it because i pre ordered it.

How is SRC with preorders? I preordered the new Torche LP through them and now I'm hoping that I wont have a horror story of my own.

well i pre oredered a glassjaw album a month before it was released last year and never got it. I called and they said " OHH we didn't have enough ". I was so pissed i asked what is the point of pre ordering if you don't have enough and don't even bother telling me. The kick in the Dick was I saw it on record store day last year and passed on it because i pre ordered it.

Well shit haha.

Well shit haha.

Shoulda done Amazon bro. If for whatever reason they don't have enough copies, you'll get your money back in the form of money, not store credit.

No Idea - Crazy fast shipment, amazingly great prices. (Threw in a free CD O pioneers Neon Creeps CD)

IVWT - Same thing, fast shipment, with amazing prices. (Thew in a free Breton CD)

Vinyl Junkie Distro - Fast shipping, great used selection.

Armegeddon Records - Price all over the board some great some mediocre but has some random gems. Ok shipping time.

Headline Records - Great transaction. Fast shipping, great communication. Used selection is pretty dang awesome. Some things not the cheapest but also those are the things that are hard to find. Actually found my "white whale" record here for crazy cheap. (Threw in a free 7")

Hex Records - Another great transaction. Super cheap shipping but impressively fast.

Paper + Plastic - tbd

They got back to me on thursday, saying it had finally shipped. I ordered the ABPOL 7" and LP from them, I wonder if there was some problem with those records.

Edit: it says 5 tracks on the website, so I really hope the pressing isn't screwed up and we only get 2 track. Let me know what they say!

yeah it's only two songs, we don't need our heads and the limbeck cover.

"I'm really sorry about this, we should have been much more clear in the item description. Unfortunately, due to the physical restraints of the 7" format, we couldn't fit all the tracks on to the record. That's why there's only two."

I'm not gonna send mine back because I dig the purple, but that's like blatant false advertising.

Hey guys, honestly super sorry about this. It was a typo on our end and unfortunately something no one (including the band or anyone that had ordered since October of last year) noticed. Seems like most issues people had recently with us responding was during the time we were shipping out the saddest landscape pre orders and we were behind on everything across the board. We've gotten some extra help so hopefully we don't have these issues in the future. Thanks for the constant support!

I just wish all the tracks from the 7" download and the 7" itself had been pressed to the Boom! 12" on the B side instead of the etching. The etching is nice and both records sounds amazing but I would have been much happier having all the tracks on vinyl instead of some as a download.

Still, it was an awesome couple of releases and I love having the chance to support AGBPOL by buying their music on vinyl.

Anyone have any trouble with Top Shelf records? I place an order almost three weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm getting a little worried...

ive had issues with them, much worse than that but it all went well in the end, cool guys. Theyre just 2 guys running the thing when theyre off work and it seems like its getting pretty big, i think theyre a little busy with the saddest landscape preorders shipping out too. Its probably shipped already even if you didnt get a confirmation.

Sorry about this. :/ dirtydebutant is pretty spot on here, actually. We've definitely had a ton of growth with the label over the past year and have had a few growing pains recently along the way. We were definitely slowed some with The Saddest Landscape / Pianos Become the Teeth / A Great Big Pile of Leaves / Prawn / Caravels & Gifts From Enola split preorders all being relatively close in proximity to one another... it was a lot of work for just Seth and I to get done on top of our regular 9-5 jobs.

That said, I've since quit my day job to take on more responsibility with Topshelf and we've brought on a few interns to help with day-to-day stuff so this hopefully won't ever be the case again.

If you're still in the dark about something with your order, please email us: info [at] topshelfrecords [dot] com. Thanks, you guys!

yeah it's only two songs, we don't need our heads and the limbeck cover.

"I'm really sorry about this, we should have been much more clear in the item description. Unfortunately, due to the physical restraints of the 7" format, we couldn't fit all the tracks on to the record. That's why there's only two."

I'm not gonna send mine back because I dig the purple, but that's like blatant false advertising.

Yeah thats really fucked up, it has a five track listing on the website and the download, but its only 2 tracks. Damn, I'm gonna keep it anyway but shit that would've been nice to know...

Yeah, like I mentioned in the email, this is totally our bad. The download comes with all 5 tracks, but the 7", of course, does not. Feel free to PM me or email me and we can work out some compensation or I can create a coupon code good for just you or something. Again, sorry about this :/.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?