Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

no surprise my complaint is about src.  received a cracked record in the mail and sent an email to customer service that hasn't been responded to for over a week and a half now. 

2 weeks! anyone know how to get a response out of them.  2 emails sent and their live support is never online.

Worst CS goes to Hang Tight Records.

I ordered Carridale's Relapse In The River City last April, got an email 2-3 weeks later from the guy saying his internet was off blah blah blah he'd ship out within 2 weeks. A month later I still hadn't received anything so I sent an email and got no reply, I sent another email and the guy gave me some other BS excuse and said he would send it out. By this time it was too late to file a claim with PayPal so I figured I pretty much got screwed. Come October, I get a "package" in the mail(it was more of an envelope made of thin cardboard like a cereal box) with the record in it. Needless to say, the record didn't do too well in it's travels and was broken in half when I got it.

Pirates Press

Anyone order stuff from them before? I order a Downtown Struts 12" and CD Dec. 27th, waited the roughly 4 weeks they recommend before contacting. My order never changed from "Proccessing" or whatever under status on their site. Sent a third email just minutes ago. First two went without response.

I'm really pissed with PP right now, I placed an order for the Rancid 7 (Let the Dominos Fall) on January 3rd. I gave it two weeks saw nothing in my email about shipping so I emailed them. Jon Schmidt got back to me after the weekend saying it would be shipped out that day. Waited another week, still nothing, emailed him again. He gave me some bullshit about their tracking system being down. He said it would go out that day. I again emailed him Friday to let him know I'm opening a paypal case against them tomorrow. This is total horse shit and bad customer service! I'll never order through them again.

As much as I hate to say this because this label is easily my favorite current label in music, Captured Tracks fucked me. In September I order the limited edition versionf the new Soft Moon LP Zeros. About two months later I started to think about where my LP was at, and as with most every preorder, I assumed it just got delayed. So I just figured I would wait a little longer. Fast forward to January, I do a google search, and sure enough they shipped in October. So I email the label, wait a week, no response. Leave a comment on their Facebook, no response, Tweet at the label, no response. Leave a comment on Instagram, no response. Email the label again, and CCed a few other addresses listed on the websites, no response.

It's pretty sad when a label who I have messaged and had interactions with before online, is blatantly ignoring me.

I had an issue with SRC where the tracking # was wrong, the package didn't show, and then no one responded to emails or the 1-800 number.

BUT.... I contacted the "SRC" on this board (Jenna?) and she tracked down the source of the problem, my package went out FedEx and arrived in 3 days, AND everything in perfect condition. So no complaints now.

Kudos to SRC for taking a potentially bad situation and turning around in a very positive way. I'm gonna definitely keep ordering from them, especially if they keep repressing vintage 90's records....

As much as I hate to say this because this label is easily my favorite current label in music, Captured Tracks fucked me. In September I order the limited edition versionf the new Soft Moon LP Zeros. About two months later I started to think about where my LP was at, and as with most every preorder, I assumed it just got delayed. So I just figured I would wait a little longer. Fast forward to January, I do a google search, and sure enough they shipped in October. So I email the label, wait a week, no response. Leave a comment on their Facebook, no response, Tweet at the label, no response. Leave a comment on Instagram, no response. Email the label again, and CCed a few other addresses listed on the websites, no response.

It's pretty sad when a label who I have messaged and had interactions with before online, is blatantly ignoring me.

Oddly enough, after hearing NOTHING by horrible stories of this label's mailorder, I had no problem with the Wild Nothings Lim. Ed. preorder, but I had pretty much the same situation you had with the Soft Moon order I made.  FINALLY someone answered my emails/tweets in December (which, honestly I think was prompted after a friend of mine who knows someone at the label told me he'd contact them regarding this), and they responded saying they somehow forgot to mail me the LP... I asked them if they could change the address to where I would be (visiting my sister for a couple weeks), they said yes and to send them the new address...after this, no confirmation of receiving the new address, nor any response to any emails subsequent to that asking them if it had been shipped...and to WHERE.  Fast forward into mid January, I'm back at home...and lo' and behold the package arrives...AT MY SISTER'S.

Thx guys...

I got a record from Walls in my Enter Shikari A Flash Flood of Colour package at Hot Topic. Called Hot Topic and emailed Hopeless Records. Hot Topic sent me a gift certificate with the purchase total (which was 25 bucks because i bought 2 records) and Hopeless sent me a brand new package with the correct vinyl free of charge. Both were awesome. That was like a year ago now though

Placed an order for Indestructible by Rancid on January 3rd. My first email was sent to PP on January 19th:

"Just wondering what's going on with my order for the Rancid 7 inch set. My
order number is 4776"

Got a response on January 22nd:

Hello Thomas ,

This should have left a few weeks back.. I am sorry it has not and i will send this out ASAP!
Hope you are doing well good sir.
You will receive tracking right away when this leaves the our doors, If you have any other questions or concerns please e-mail me back right away.
Cheers.
Jon

Emailed Jon again on January 25th:

Hey Jon,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was wondering if this got sent out this week after your email correspondence? I don't have a tracking number as of yet.
TJ

Got a response January 30th:

Hey Thomas!

I checked our tracking site and I don't see the shipment. There have been a lot of hiccups lately but I have it on my to do list for today so i will pack it this evening and get it out to you!
Cheers

Emailed them on February 4th:

Hey Jon,

Just checking to see if my order went out yet, still haven't received any product or shipping/delivery email.

January 9th: Waited 5 days for a response, still nothing, so I emailed saying I would open a Paypal claim if I heard nothing by Monday:
I just wanted to email you once more before I open a Paypal claim. I've waited for a response and/or a product since January 30th, with neither I've decided to open a dispute. I'm really not trying to be a dick but I find it ridiculous that a month and a half after my original order I have no product. Both of your emails have stated "it's on your list of things to do". I'm not gonna tell you how to run a business but this is poor customer service. If the product had been sent, great, but I would like some type of proof, if not please cancel and refund. If not I'll be opening my dispute Monday.

Got a response from them about an hour after I opened my claim Monday afternoon:
Hello Thomas!

I would say I completely agree that this is not very good business practice on our part... I have not been the most organized or on top of everything lately... I apologize for that.The package is leaving today via USPS It should be there in three days because i paid for priority shipping. Here is the tracking.. Tracking:940551120108085879965
Cheers man and thanks for the support!

Jon
(feel free to track the package yourself and see there have been 0 updates to it, which leads me to believe that I was sent a false tracking number? It says status not available but shouldn't you be able to do something with any tracking number? I can track packages using a DC number I do it all the time with packages I send to people on here.) 

Always remember that USPS doesn't actually "track" their packages. The number is SUPPOSED to work that way, but it functions mainly as a delivery confirmation tool. There are always delays with the updates and tracking info.

Pirates Press may be screwing with you, but I wanted to toss in my little PSA.

Always remember that USPS doesn't actually "track" their packages. The number is SUPPOSED to work that way, but it functions mainly as a delivery confirmation tool. There are always delays with the updates and tracking info.

Pirates Press may be screwing with you, but I wanted to toss in my little PSA.

this.  the only "requirement"  they have with delivery confirmation is that it a delivery scan is made when it arrives - although usually it will pick up a scan here or there along the way to you  there are times when it will just miss all of those and just randomly show up on your doorstep.     all the number piratespress means is that they electronically notified/printed out postage    as to if it got dropped off--  unless it was scanned upon receiving it (I always request our packages we drop off are) - it could be on its way- it could not be.

just e-mail them and let them know the tracking number they gave shows no updates at all - and inquire to if it was actually shipped and what day.

I posted on their facebook and Eric (the owner) messaged me and gave me his email. They sent me a screen shot of the shipping notification. He seems like a stand up guy and they're going to send me out a new package this week. He said this is an isolated incident, however, it's just been dragging with emails back and forth. I mean it's almost been two months since I placed the order, but Eric seems like a stand up guy and I feel like he's working to get me my package so I guess in the end all is well. However, I will absolutely think twice about ordering directly from PP in the future and will most likely look for a retailer first. 

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I placed 2 orders from SRC. (My first 2 orders from them)

The first one was for Hum's You'd Prefer An Astronaut and the second one for Blink 182's Dude Ranch, which I chanced upon when they posted that they found some "final stock".

I specifically left a note in the 'comments' section for them to combine both orders so I can save some shipping. Yet, the Blink 182 order, which I placed a few days later, has now been marked as shipped while the Hum order is still awaiting fulfillment.

What's the point of the comments section if they don't read it...

EDIT: They've since apologised and given me store credit for the extra shipping I paid. So.. good on them.

Round Flat Records.

I sent not one but two money orders to them at separate times, I sent one in December 2011, waited a few weeks, e-mailed them "We haven't got the money order yet." So, made a new order, sent new money order around January 2012, waited a few weeks e-mailed them: "We haven't gotten the money order yet."

I used the address at the bottom of their page, so either they got the money order and they're just lying about it so I send them more money, or they changed their address or maybe I fucked up. Nonetheless I lost around 70 dollars.

Ok, so back in mid-December, I bought Scissor Sisters' "Magic Hour" from Universal Music UK for £21.99. It arrived mid-January in Universal's custom vinyl mailer, with the top seam completely blown out. I sent them an email requesting a replacement, and got a response from a guy named Anthony O'Brien who said he'd mail out another copy, and no need to return the damaged one.

The second copy arrived in the same custom mailer, top seam completely blown out. Another email to Anthony, and he had a third copy dispatched, no need to return the first two. 

Third arrives, all seams blown out. Another email to Anthony--just requesting a cover, no vinyl--and he sends out another copy, stating that he couldn't have the warehouse send just a cover. No need to return the first three.

Fourth copy arrives, seams blown out and a huge gash to the front of the cover. Another email to Anthony, and he wrote:

"I have asked our warehouse team to send you one manually to ensure it is in perfect condition before its dispatched. This will be done by the end of today.

I hope this helps, and if I can be of any further assistance, then please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Anthony O'Brien
Universal Music"

So, today I received the replacement cover + inner sleeve, packed with several mailers & bubble wrap inside a sturdy box held together with straps, sent Fedex Priority International (see photos).

All of this at no additional expense to me, and from the most universally (pun intended) reviled music entity in the world.

Props to you Anthony!

FedexUK.jpgFedExUK2.jpg

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?