Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I have to say I'm having a nightmare with Enjoy The Ride Records. I ordered The Outlaw by They've Shot Flannigan from them on late October, still have not received my package. I emailed them and they just keep telling me to wait. Worst experience EVER!

Best I have to say, Fat Wreck, Hot Topic and Amazon. But I've also ordered from Kings Road and Company Ink with no problems at all.

Best:

TDON records: Ordered quite a lot of stuff from them, always quick with shipping and good at keeping up with shipping notifications. What really sets them apart for me though was 2 things:

1) Ordered a 7" from them, never got it (must have got lost in the post). Contacted the guy who runs it and he sent me out a new one, no questions asked.

2) I was looking for a 10" they'd released, but couldn't see it on their store (and I was pretty sure it wasn't sold out), I dropped the guy an email and he said he'd send me out a free copy with my next order, and sure enough he did.

Now that's customer service.

I ordered Fireworks Gospel lp from Hot Topic, and it was chipped, I sent them an email, and I didn't see a reply, until I came home to a a package from them with another Fireworks lp in it. I completely missed their reply and thought it was pretty tight of them to send me another without having to send the other back.

I have to say I'm having a nightmare with Enjoy The Ride Records. I ordered The Outlaw by They've Shot Flannigan from them on late October, still have not received my package. I emailed them and they just keep telling me to wait. Worst experience EVER!

Best I have to say, Fat Wreck, Hot Topic and Amazon. But I've also ordered from Kings Road and Company Ink with no problems at all.

I don't believe you.

i've ordered from him twice (for TFOT and soco), both times the package came so loosely taped together i was surprised everything didn't fall apart in transit.

i was actually disappointed with hopeless records recently, which sent me an album still in shrink but already opened... i guess they're lucky i was planning to play it, but paying full price to see something like that come in the mail from a renowned label was a bit discouraging.

Which email address did you send to, if you don't mind me asking?

Which email do you recommend to send Solid State/MerchDirect queries to dude?

I tried sending through the 'Contact Us' page on the site that I ordered it from but that was over a week ago and haven't heard back.

For me, the problem was the Lost In The Sound of Separation box set. Meant to have 1 red 10" and 1 blue. Both were red for me, so I'm assuming I've only gotten half the record twice, if that makes sense (2 x A/B, no C/D). Hopefully they will reply one day soon but if you've got a better email address to try, that would be much appreciated!

I seriously hate American Dream Records.  And when I heard that they took over the From Indian Lakes LP press, I was even more bummed.  I ordered an LP from them in October.  Not only have I not received any sort of info from them, I've tried to contact that dude Joe multiple times - through e-mail, even on absolutepunk.net.  To no avail.  The only thing that pisses me off in this world is not communicating with someone you've given money to.  At least answer my shit and tell me that you fucked up, or you're having issues, but dodging me completely?  Fucked.  I'm banking on having the same issues with that FIL press, and I preordered that long before American Dream took it over.  God damnit all.

What is your order #, We have only gotten 5 orders for that record and not one has ben from panama. We have not gotten any emails from anyone in regards to this release with issues or any orders being lost so please fill me in pm me with all the details so i can take care of it

Polyvinyl Records is by far the best label I have ever ordered from. Quick shipping, instant downloads, great sales, and they ship candy in every order.

No Sleep Records is pretty bad. They take over a week just to put the order in the mail, and then it takes another week to come. Run For Cover lags too.

I will never order form Fueled By Ramen ever again. Preordered two copies of the Panic reissue from them, and they sent me one in the package they finally sent out. I let them know, and at first they were on top of things. Said they'd send out that missing LP right away, UPS 2-Day Air, and it should be there the following Monday or Tuesday. PRoblem was? The following Monday and Tuesday came and went, no shipping confirmation, and no sign of the record. I contact them again, telling them I was moving out of state that Saturday, and I don't hear anything from them until I contact them again after the new year, and even then it still takes them a week to e-mail me back after I sent them correspondence on the 3rd.

The next morning I awake to a shipping confirmation. To my old address. After i had told them three fucking times I was going to be moving out of state and wouldn't be at that address after the 22nd. Kept asking what the process was to change the address, what they needed besides the order number and the new address, gave it to them, and they still fucked it up.

Now because that's not longer my address UPS won't let me give them more money to reroute the package, and it's going to be stuck at the UPS will call for the five days until they return to sender at that time, and then FBR can resend the record with the right fucking address now.

Never ordering from that shithole label again.

I just went through a giant fucking hassle with Fueled By Ramen myself.

It took me literally 3 weeks to even contact anyone there. No one ever answers their phone number (and I tried 3x/day or more for 3 weeks), I sent at least 12 emails and none were responded to.

Real nice customer service, you assfucks.

I finally got someone ("Dan") to respond by including every FBR Twitter handle I could find on a tweet about my situation, and even then it took 4 tweets to get a response - and once I did, I still had to badger Dan at every step to make the process go forward.

It's funny, I've ordered 3-4 times from them. The others all went by without incident, but this one time I had a problem, they could not have possibly been more frustratingly unresponsive or useless.

I'm going to echo the recent statement that Polyvinyl is really great. Polyvinyl is really great.

I just received a package of records that I ordered from Epitaph/Kings Road and two of the records are not the color that I ordered.  I was supposed to get:

What's Eating Gilbert - Thinkin Bout Here (Yellow)

Letlive - Fake History (White)

And they sent me Red and Black.  I'm kinda pissed.

Which email do you recommend to send Solid State/MerchDirect queries to dude?

I tried sending through the 'Contact Us' page on the site that I ordered it from but that was over a week ago and haven't heard back.

For me, the problem was the Lost In The Sound of Separation box set. Meant to have 1 red 10" and 1 blue. Both were red for me, so I'm assuming I've only gotten half the record twice, if that makes sense (2 x A/B, no C/D). Hopefully they will reply one day soon but if you've got a better email address to try, that would be much appreciated!

Ok so following this up, I sent an email to MerchDirect and they said they would pass my information on to Solid State as it was a manufacturing issue. I didn't hear anything back after that so I thought it was still being looked into.

Today, I received an LP mailer that had been sent express from the US with an EMI sticker on the front (which I thought was weird since I didn't remember ordering anything from EMI). Sure enough, inside was the blue 10" with a little note apologizing for the issue and saying that I can keep the ones that I was originally sent.

Top service!

I just received a package of records that I ordered from Epitaph/Kings Road and two of the records are not the color that I ordered.  I was supposed to get:

What's Eating Gilbert - Thinkin Bout Here (Yellow)

Letlive - Fake History (White)

And they sent me Red and Black.  I'm kinda pissed.

The same thing happened with my letlive album.

My bad experiences have actually been when dealing straight with bands.

A while ago Dangers said they had a few copies of 'Messy, Isn't It?' on black, which was previously sold out and limited to 150. I already had the album on red but decided to pick up the black too. When I received it, it was the red one. I emailed them explaining what had happened and that I already had the red one, and they never replied to me. Fuck that band.

The other time was with Pentimento. I ordered their LP and they sent it to me, across the ocean to the UK, in a jiffy bag. WTF guys?

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?