Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I haven't had to do this before so I'm asking for anyone's experience or advice. I, like many it seems, have had no help getting service from Reaper Records. They've emailed me back once to let me know one of the LPS I ordered was out of stock but have since not responded. I've sent emails, tried them through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and nothing. It's been about 3 weeks now and I just want a refund so I'm thinking I'll have to file a claim via PayPal? If anyone can tell me what I can expect by going through with that I'd appreciate it. I've come to terms with the fact that I may not get all my money back, sadly.

I haven't had to do this before so I'm asking for anyone's experience or advice. I, like many it seems, have had no help getting service from Reaper Records. They've emailed me back once to let me know one of the LPS I ordered was out of stock but have since not responded. I've sent emails, tried them through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and nothing. It's been about 3 weeks now and I just want a refund so I'm thinking I'll have to file a claim via PayPal? If anyone can tell me what I can expect by going through with that I'd appreciate it. I've come to terms with the fact that I may not get all my money back, sadly.

There's a good chance you'll either 1) get your money back or 2) get what you ordered.  I always like to give the benefit of the doubt and don't file my claim until I have to.  I can't remember the exact window you have to file a claim, 30 days maybe.  Look it up, if you miss out on that window you're probably out of luck.  Anyway, file your claim and that gives the other party an opportunity to respond or refund or whatever.  Depending upon their response (or lack there of), yo'ull most likely have your money in a few weeks.  PayPal almost always sides with the buyer. 

There's a good chance you'll either 1) get your money back or 2) get what you ordered. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt and don't file my claim until I have to. I can't remember the exact window you have to file a claim, 30 days maybe. Look it up, if you miss out on that window you're probably out of luck. Anyway, file your claim and that gives the other party an opportunity to respond or refund or whatever. Depending upon their response (or lack there of), yo'ull most likely have your money in a few weeks. PayPal almost always sides with the buyer.

The claim window got extended to 6 months recently. And as he said, filing the claim will either net you a full refund or put Reaper's ass into gear and you'll get your records.

Any experiences with MusicFearSatan out of France?  Placed a bulk order and used registered shipping option, got invoiced quickly, paid immediately.  Been a little while and nothing has shown up, no shipping notification, no response to emails asking about shipping confirmation.

I know the guy's Discogs says he's 'not a nerd behind a computer screen' and is unlikely to answer emails, but it also says that he'll let you know when your order ships.  Nothing deal breaking so far, just starting to get a little antsy.

Any experiences with MusicFearSatan out of France? Placed a bulk order and used registered shipping option, got invoiced quickly, paid immediately. Been a little while and nothing has shown up, no shipping notification, no response to emails asking about shipping confirmation.

I know the guy's Discogs says he's 'not a nerd behind a computer screen' and is unlikely to answer emails, but it also says that he'll let you know when your order ships. Nothing deal breaking so far, just starting to get a little antsy.

Dude is way solid. I've made several personal orders and several larger distro orders as well. Fear not, your stuff will arrive and in great condition!

In fact, I've just sent him a stack of money for some more distro stuff.

Dude is way solid. I've made several personal orders and several larger distro orders as well. Fear not, your stuff will arrive and in great condition!

In fact, I've just sent him a stack of money for some more distro stuff.

Cool.  Yeah, I was just starting to wonder if maybe 1 or 2 items I ordered might be backordered or something.  Hoping it's not the case and it'll just show up soon.  Would you say that it's normal to receive no notification and just have something show up in the mail, even with the registered shipping option?  I was just hoping for a tracking number, or at least the basic 'your order has shipped' email.

It's very common to not receive a "your order has shipped email" and international orders don't typically come with tracking unless you pay for insanely expensive courier services.

Be patient, it might take a couple of weeks to make the journey, but MFS isn't new to the scene. They are reputable in a good way.

It's very common to not receive a "your order has shipped email" and international orders don't typically come with tracking unless you pay for insanely expensive courier services.

Be patient, it might take a couple of weeks to make the journey, but MFS isn't new to the scene. They are reputable in a good way.

Totally, everything I was reading sounded great.  I think this is the 1st or maybe 2nd time I've ordered directly, and definitely the 1st time placing a large order.  I assume he's good at keeping stock updated too... So now I know to make sure to triple-check the mail box just in case it comes in that day.

Just wanna share this with anyone. I ordered a record from Barnes and nobles website on feb 6th. I chose a shipping option that claimed it would take 1-3 business days. and after two weeks of recieving nothing, I contacted them. Not sure where on the site It says this but they claimed it would take like three weeks before they even shipped it. They don't charge you until it physically ships but when my scheduled shipping day arrived, nothing. I waited all day for confirmation, and late into the night I got an email sayin it was being delayed another week. So I just cancelled. Not sure if anyone has had a similar experience but I thought it was pretty lame. No money lost thankfully.

^ Had a similar experience with them. I ordered the MoFi reissue of Pinkerton by Weezer, as it said "In Stock" and literally 2 minutes after, it went on backorder. The customer service representative said that they would probably never get any more, and they issued me a refund. My card kept the initial charge that you get when you place the order (but it usually drops right away and charges you once it ships) and I didn't receive the money back for 2 weeks.

re scared bones records :  I wouldn't worry too much .I've ordered from them before with no issues..In fact, I've just received a package from them..safe and very well packed (Moon Duo new LP!) Not sure where you are in the world but I'm in the UK..all good from my POV. I got a shipping email but not a lot else a part from the order actual at the time. Hope that helps!

Great customer service from ImportCDs, luckily. I have ordered records a bunch of times before and this is the only time I've had any issue. So I tried to order the Say Anything - Is A Real Boy 2xLP as it was showing as in stock but I was skeptical due to its lack of availability pretty much everywhere else. Anyway, I received the package in the mail today, and it was CD-sized. I sent them an email straight away saying that I had been sent the wrong format and they quickly responded with an apology and a refund, and said that I can keep or donate the incorrect item.

Looked at the package a little closer and noticed the shipping label said that it contained a Billy Joel CD. Opened it up, and inside was a very low-budget looking CD by some guy named Troy Brannon.

Tl;dr - ImportCDs sent me a completely different item but issued me with a prompt refund.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?