Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I always hear great things about Mylene Sheath and I love their product and newsletters, but does anyone else find it hard to get ahold of them?

I placed a order of 4 LP's (3 were in stock) including Jakob's Sines on October 20th.  After waiting a week, I e-mailed them to ask if the other 3 had shipped out yet, with no reply. 3 days later I e-mailed again and they did reply saying that to save shipping costs they would send them all at the same time end of November when the Jakob pre-order drops.  I e-mailed them back to ask if I could pay a little additional shipping to have the other 3 LP's shipped now with no response.

I've e-mailed them twice in the past week to ask if their is a timeline for the Jakob LP and the rest of the 3 to ship and told them that I have recently moved and would like to change my shipping address if the package hasn't shipped yet.

No response to either. Getting slightly frustrated.

I'm a bit annoyed as well TBH. I ordered the CD/vinyl package mostly because the CDs were supposed to be shipping separate in October. But I never got anything, and emailed them two weeks ago. They've never responded. 

I'm a bit annoyed as well TBH. I ordered the CD/vinyl package mostly because the CDs were supposed to be shipping separate in October. But I never got anything, and emailed them two weeks ago. They've never responded.

I hear you. I emailed again and still haven't heard back. Do they have a phone number? It's getting ridiculous

I hear you. I emailed again and still haven't heard back. Do they have a phone number? It's getting ridiculous

Just wait for the preorder campaign to end and if you don't get your records, then throw a fit. I'm sure you'd love to split up your order, but it's just two people who run MS and they have a LOT of orders. They'll take care of you, but there is no need to be impatient and confuse things on their end.

Besides, it is 100% standard practice that if you purchase additional items with a preorder item that they all ship together. If you wished otherwise, you should've placed the orders separately.

Just wait for the preorder campaign to end and if you don't get your records, then throw a fit. I'm sure you'd love to split up your order, but it's just two people who run MS and they have a LOT of orders. They'll take care of you, but there is no need to be impatient and confuse things on their end.

Besides, it is 100% standard practice that if you purchase additional items with a preorder item that they all ship together. If you wished otherwise, you should've placed the orders separately.

That's not what really bothers me. It's the not responding to emails that does. I moved 2 weeks ago and have been trying to contact them to update my shipping address with no response.

I'm not one to really bitch about anything...but responding to emails shouldn't be a big deal.

I've not had a bad experience yet with ordering online from any labels but I have had a bad experience with the lead singer of a "band" who ripped me off for $11-12.

His name is Cinco Sanders. He used to live in Portland but now lives in LA. He has a "project" called The Boo Jays. I thought it was a real band but it's mainly him, sitting around lonely and making crudely filmed videos for music and skits. Kind of bizzare type stuff, whatever. Kind of entertaining but a one joke punch line.

Anyway, he pressed a 7" called Happy Halloween that's really good and he uploads all his weird music for free. I decided I wanted to support him and also I couldn't find the 7" anywhere else.

I PayPal'd him the $8 plus shipping for the 7" and waited for it. Its been about half a year since this happened so exact timeline is shaky but basically he never sent it but gladly accepted my money right away. I'd ask him about it, he'd say he's broke from moving etc etc. Weeks went by, he'd respond eventually, still hemming and hawwing, despite literally posting about having "boxes full" of these 7" s.

I filed a PayPal claim. He then complained to me that it left him in the negative and he's so broke he can't eat. Against my better judgment I canceled the claim. Never got the 7" or a response further. I ended up messaging him with my address and saying that if he ever wanted to send it some day, that'd be cool but that I wouldn't hold my breath.

TL;DR dude named Cinco Sanders ( of The Boo Jays) is a shifty person who owes me a 7".

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=218789811473145

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=207128482176

Hells Headbangers, A389, Emetic Records, and Dark Descent are all amazing labels to buy from. Quick shipping and great packing. If something is ever amiss, which is quite rare, they quickly resolve the problem.

A389 is awesome. Ordered a few LPs from them a while back, and one happened to be out of stock. One of the guys there (can't remember his name) emailed me letting me know about the mixup on their online store. Hooked me up with a later pressing of the record, which wasn't a big deal to me, as well as a few extra 7"s. Great customer service!

I'd like to know the reasons but ever since Blue Collar Distro switched over to being MerchTable (if it's even the same people working there), it has become clusterfuck to far. 

In the three orders I've placed from them for various Sige Records releases, two have come in all jacked up. On the very first order which was the Ides Of Geminin LP, everything was perfect as had always been with BCD: actual and proper LP mailer, padded well and no damages. 

Second order was the Mamiffer LP. The "mailer" used was akin to this envelope ones notorious for being used in Europe. No padding whatsoever and since it looks like an oversized cardboard envelope, it got treated crappily. The thing was practically folded in half when it arrived. Enough so that the record itself was bowled. And the jacket was roughed up. Contacted them to see what could be done. They responded quickly considering if was the Thanksgiving weekend. I provided them some pics and even took some more they asked for. And then...nothing...no responses. 

Now today, I received the Old Man Gloom records and sure enough, same shitty oversized cardboard envelope and close to folded in half. Thankfully not as bad or damaged as the Mamiffer. But still. 

It's very disappointing because I've been buying from BCD for years and years without any issues and always great experience. Now that they've switched to MerchTable, it's been a complete letdown. 

It's very disappointing because I've been buying from BCD for years and years without any issues and always great experience. Now that they've switched to MerchTable, it's been a complete letdown. 

Bummer that you've had such shitty luck with them.  Both my OMG and Mamiffer showed up ok fortunately.  As much as I complained about BCD being expensive shipping-wise, they did package their stuff very well.

Seems SRC is hit or miss for people. I just ordered A&A's "Love, Parts 1&2" vinyl set. No problems at all.

As I mentioned in the "SRC appreciation" thread, I don't think it's really hit or miss.  If you order an album that they have, they'll ship it to you.  I've ordered from them with no issues a few times.  It's when you actually require customer service that their lack thereof becomes apparent.

Has anybody from the States (or anywhere, I guess) ordered from No Panic Records? German based label. I never received an order confirmation from them. I didn't expect to get tracking info or anything since it's from Germany, but I did expect at least a confirmation. I sent them an email to check in on the order, but I'm just wondering if anybody ordered from them and could give an estimate of how long their order took? I placed the order about 18 days ago.

UPDATE: I sent an email to No Panic, and Ron emailed me back. He seems like a real good guy. Let me know that one of the other items was on delay but that he'd send out the rest now and the other stuff when they come in. If you've never checked out No Panic Records, you should do so. They have a damn good selection of bands from around the globe.

I have a dilemna. I bought a record and 3 posters from Saddle Creek. I even paid extra for a poster tube, they sent two posters in the tube and fucking folded one and put it with the record in the mailer. I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't the poster I was most excited about and that I paid extra for the tube. Do I email them??

I have a dilemna. I bought a record and 3 posters from Saddle Creek. I even paid extra for a poster tube, they sent two posters in the tube and fucking folded one and put it with the record in the mailer. I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't the poster I was most excited about and that I paid extra for the tube. Do I email them??

I would be upset too, I would definitely email them. Hopefully they could make it right. I mean, you specifically paid for the tube. 

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?