BRAND NEW "DEVIL AND GOD" 180G 2XLP - OUT 03.16

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone bought a copy and doesn't want it please sell it to me! Can't get one because of where I live.

merchdirect ships it internationally, just ordered mine, dbl on white but not sure if it's 180g

This thread is too long to read haha... the one you got from Merch Direct is on White vinyl /5000 on Triple Crown and is not 180 gram.

Just caught up on the last four pages - I saw no mention of a Hot Topic exclusive color limited to 100. Your eyes were likely playing tricks on you. But in truth, it's a quarter after 06 a.m. So I suppose I could say the same for myself.

Not that I'm confused, but I just want to clarify:

The "Triple Crown" version that was just released (/5000)... it's all one version being sold through Triple Crown's site, merchdirect.net/brandnew, and possibly Interpunk [etc.], correct? I was under the impression that the band was releasing it on their own label (Procrastinate!) Just wanted to verify if the TDAG we can pre-order now, through various sites, is all of the same 5,000 batch. Regardless of which site it is available on.

Definitely stoked to see what the new album art will be.

what stores will the regular white vinyl be in? anybody know?

and also, was i just seeing illusions or did RJ say there will be a limited edition hot topic press limited to only /100?! Pleast tell me my eyes are playing tricks.

Should be exclusive color/500 -- that actually excites me just in case I miss the PO for whatever reason because the ladies at HT know me pretty well now so I can get them to throw one on hold once they receive shipment. I'm usually there on Tuesday's for when they do receive their vinyl shipment -- today the Vampire Weekend comes in, so I'll be headed to the mall in a few hours, plus I work in the mall anyway, so that's easy haha

Just caught up on the last four pages - I saw no mention of a Hot Topic exclusive color limited to 100. Your eyes were likely playing tricks on you. But in truth, it's a quarter after 06 a.m. So I suppose I could say the same for myself.

Not that I'm confused, but I just want to clarify:

The "Triple Crown" version that was just released (/5000)... it's all one version being sold through Triple Crown's site, merchdirect.net/brandnew, and possibly Interpunk [etc.], correct? I was under the impression that the band was releasing it on their own label (Procrastinate!) Just wanted to verify if the TDAG we can pre-order now, through various sites, is all of the same 5,000 batch. Regardless of which site it is available on.

Definitely stoked to see what the new album art will be.

They are releasing it on their own Procrastinate! Music Traitors label, but merchdirect, TCR, and possibly interpunk will just be distributing it -- of course other sites like www.cduniverse.com, possibly revhq, and eBay's ridiculous stores will post high priced ones as well.

And yes, any TDAG that can preordered right now is out of the regular vinyl weight, new cover artwork, 5000 pressed.

Is the pre-order on February 2nd still set to commence at 12:00 EST?

Also, has anyone determined what the final breakdown will be of variants?

If I'm reading everything right:

Procrastinate Now! (released through Triple Crown) version: 5000 copies, white vinyl, up for Pre-Order on various sites already.

Academy Fight Song version:

solid black [ ltd. 500 ]

white/black marble [ ltd. 500]

white/blue marble [ ltd. 500]

white/orange marble [ ltd. 500]

solid white [ ltd. 500 in select distributors TBA ]

Is this still accurate? Is the solid white to select distro's being changed to a different colour now that PN! is using white? Is Hot Topic a completely new addition to this list or are they the select distro? If so, is it possible to order from Hot Topic online? If not can I arrange with someone to grab me one of those copies for cost of the record and shipping plus a bit to get a copy to me in Canada?

Sorry to keep pouring the questions on RJ, I'm sure you're probably swamped right now with all of us badgering, but my OCD needs to have this clear haha.

;D

Hot Topic will also have an exclusive color /500

OHH i thought that said /100. my eyes were playing tricks.

im guessing the white AFS will go to Hot topic?

The 'select distributors' is what's confusing -- RJ said HT will receive an 'exclusive color', so that could just mean they will receive one out of the five different colors, but we won't know until the first person buys it and posts the pics haha.

More than likely it will be the white, which is totally fine with me. I can't wait to see and feel the packaging

They are releasing it on their own Procrastinate! Music Traitors label, but merchdirect, TCR, and possibly interpunk will just be distributing it -- of course other sites like www.cduniverse.com, possibly revhq, and eBay's ridiculous stores will post high priced ones as well.

And yes, any TDAG that can preordered right now is out of the regular vinyl weight, new cover artwork, 5000 pressed.

Hey, thanks for the speedy clarification. Much appreciated.

This is hands down the most dramatic pre pre-order I've ever seen. Wonder what sort of plot twists are in store for 02/02.

Hey, thanks for the speedy clarification. Much appreciated.

This is hands down the most dramatic pre pre-order I've ever seen. Wonder what sort of plot twists are in store for 02/02.

I have a feeling AFS are going to be 100% satisfied and ready to launch the preorder for 2/2 -- regardless if they have to postpone another week or two, it's closer to the street release date, which is fine with me because I won't have to anticipate it as long from then haha.

this whole "album being released by seperate labels at the same time" shit is getting pretty old.

Yeah the separate labels situation can give heavy migraines, and can be heavy on the wallet since most of us will probably purchase both records since there are two versions of the artwork and packaging, but I feel as if AFS contacted BN and they just made an agreement to each do something special for possibly two reasons:

-- procrastinate! music traitors is BN's own label and so they want to use it/promote it haha

-- and AFS kicks so much ass with their releases (especially the gorgious kevin devine brother's blood) they wanted to show how much they really enjoyed the album and respected it, so they wanted to prove it by putting together an insanely awesome package

What I said is probably just verbal vomit, but I'm just trying to look at it from their point of view (which is more than likely wrong haha)

OHH i thought that said /100. my eyes were playing tricks.

im guessing the white AFS will go to Hot topic?

The 'select distributors' is what's confusing -- RJ said HT will receive an 'exclusive color', so that could just mean they will receive one out of the five different colors, but we won't know until the first person buys it and posts the pics haha.

More than likely it will be the white, which is totally fine with me. I can't wait to see and feel the packaging

I assume the AFS white vinyl will be the HT color but Im not totally sure. I dont think there is going to be a new color that hasnt been annouced.