The WHAT DID YOU GET ON RSD 2010 thread

Did Newbury Comics get RSD stuff? I'm thinking about sending my cousin out to scout for me and grab anything I might not've gotten.

yea, but from what I can tell they sold out of most of it yesterday within the first few hours. I got to my store 1 hour after opening and about 75% of the stuff was gone, and I wasn't even in the city.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freebies:

Bonobo Cloth Bag

RSD b/w plastic tote

bunch of cd samplers

RSD button

RSD bumper sticker

guitar keychain

Constellations 7"

RSD Choice Cuts 12"

For Me:

Weezer cd

Manchester Orchestra cd

I Need That Record dvd

Deftones 7"

Flogging Molly 7"

HWM 7"

Antlers / White Rabbits 7"

It Happened Here 12" + 7"

The Album Leaf 12"

Flaming Lips 2x12"

Muse 12"

Springsteen 10"

For Others:

Weezer cd x8

Nada Surf cd

Tegan and Sara 7"

One AM Radio 7"

Modest Mouse 2x12"

It Happened Here 12" + 7"

You bought NINE copies of the Weezer CD? Jesus christ! No stores in Cleveland even got one.

yeah, they're all for folks on the atw board. I'm hitting my local store when I get back in town this afternoon. Want me to get you a copy if they have any?

Also, I'm really bummed with the Joe Strummer - Streetcore packaging -- the photo inside the gatefold is SUPER pixelated and looks pretty crappy, to be honest. Thank god the songs are still impeccable!

I noticed that. I figured it had to do with someone using a shitty digital camera in 2003 to take it.

Guest markovianprocess

I took the figure direct from the Record Store Day 2010 UK list:

http://www.indierecordshop.org/ralfe-band-2

Fucked Up “Daytrotter Sessions”

(Beggars 450 only)

Matador done the US pressing of that 7'' which was the 1700 copies with 10 different covers and the regular cover.

what is the sleeve like on the 450 UK press?

No idea, it turns out after all of that, my copy is from Matador!

The one near Canisius on Main St. They had two copies left (edit - as of about 1:45 pm).

I went to the UB campus location yesterday and that was such a clusterfuck that I left for that one and found most of what I was looking for (sans Hold Steady and Beastie Boys [which probably doesn't exist]). The only stuff I picked up yesterday that I didn't see was the Fucked Up 7", the Owl City 7" and I don't think I saw the Joe Strummer LPs.

You bought NINE copies of the Weezer CD? Jesus christ! No stores in Cleveland even got one.

yeah, they're all for folks on the atw board. I'm hitting my local store when I get back in town this afternoon. Want me to get you a copy if they have any?

I'm good, actually, got someone in PA to get me one. Thanks, though!

I only picked up HWM Live in Chicago 7 inch and the Bouncing Souls Jersey Pride 7 inch, everything else was non RSD stuff. Got a ton of oldies for pocket change, now I just gotta get some plain white sleeves for em. It was still a fun day, live music, good food and I got to see Lamar Vanoy spin tons of old spanish music.

I saw at least one person here picked up the Deerhoof releases. Has anyone listened to Green Cosmos yet? Mine skips over roughly 5 seconds of the opening track. I'm thinking of ordering another b/c nothing is wrong with any of the other records I played.

Otherwise, yesterday's score:

Against Me!

Black Moth Super Rainbow

CocoRosie

Dum Dum Girls

Hot Water Music

The Mountain Goats

Tom Waits

TV on the Radio

Pretty happy even though I didn't find any of the Sonic Youth or Strummer releases.

RSD 2010 Choice Cuts 12"

(side 1)

Violent Soho - Jesus Stole My Girlfriend

Neon Trees - Animal

Paper Tongues - Ride to California

Findlay Brown - Love Will Find You

Anberlin - Mother

Imelda May - Johnny Got a Boom Boom

Kelis - Acapella

Major Lazer - Pon De Floor

(side 2)

Moreland & Arbuckle - 18 Counties

Alpha Rev - New Morning

Kevin Hammond - Broken Down

Peter Wolf ft. Shelby Lynne - Tragedy

Shel - The Latest and Greatest Blueberry Rubber Band

Aqualung - Fingertip

Four Year Strong - Wasting Time

Steel Panther - Don't Stop Believing

I saw at least one person here picked up the Deerhoof releases. Has anyone listened to Green Cosmos yet? Mine skips over roughly 5 seconds of the opening track. I'm thinking of ordering another b/c nothing is wrong with any of the other records I played.

i'm listening to side A and haven't noticed a single skip yet. looks like you got a bad copy. otherwise, we could have all jumped on Lucky Lacquers on the board and bitched ;) haha

i'm really glad i bought these as i've never bought anything of theirs in the past. lots of catching up to do.