Glassjaw

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered Junkies via Paypal and that shit was wack when it didn't work out, so I said never again would I take the easy rout and not just enter my contact info and place my order with my card. Got Jesus and now this one says shipped.

Still bummed my Junkies stood in a holding pattern for like 30 days due to mercdirect and paypal being lame.

People are going to flip records regardless, you cant really worry about something like that when putting a record out. They could be making more money for themselves on these if they pressed more, obviously.

I have a feeling they want to do these as a really limited edition as kind of a sneak peak of whats to come. Im guessing a LP and or CD with all of these tracks on it.

Yeah, well they could at least "let a nigga know" if they're going to make these songs available in some sort of compilation in the future and what formats. That way we can judge how important it is to spend how much money we think we can afford for these. They're way too big of a name to be producing these in such obviously small numbers. They have to know that. Why would you knowingly exponentially inflate the price of your product by producing quantities WAY below the demand?

"Hey, let's disappear for 8 years only touring sporadically in short bursts to develop a rabid cult following on the internet and then slowly churn out single songs that debuted live between 2 and 6 years ago unannounced on 45's, one per month in the lowest possible quantities we can get away with from the manufacturer when our enormous fan-base is pissing themselves waiting for our new recorded material! Hey, you know who could REALLY benefit from that type of release?....."

We all know the answer.

If they do 3 more 7"s, even at Merch Direct prices, that's over $60 for 6 songs. They couldn't have thrown these on a 10"? I think it's Beck who owns/operates MD. He's probably checking his PayPal balance and wearing a cowboy hat made out of $50s right now. Hell did any of these even come with a download coupon?

Nobody forget to order your exclusive gj letterman jacket before those end up on ebay as well.

its simple. if you dont like the way the band is choosing to release music in physical form, dont buy it. theyre also doing digital downloads for $1 measly dollar. they'd have to sell a whole lot of digital downloads for beck to be able to afford a cowboy hat made of $50 bills.

ps. the theory has been each 7" is limited to 500. 500 x $6 = $3000 x 3 7" = $9000. lets say every single purchase has included a set of adapters (which i highly doubt, but for argument sake). 1500 x $3 = $4500. $4500 + $9000 = $13500. deduct manufacturing costs and labor for MD to pack all those orders and then split it 4 ways amongst the band (with maybe a little extra going to beck because he runs MD). ah yes, the devious plan comes to fruition - the entire band is going to retire from music once this is all said and done.

click for details. if a delivery confirmation number is shown, its shipped/shipping. if it doesnt, then they havent printed a label yet.

everytime I try to click details it tells me to login, upon logging in I'm taken to the main page. When I try to click details again it does the same damned thing.

click for details. if a delivery confirmation number is shown, its shipped/shipping. if it doesnt, then they havent printed a label yet.

everytime I try to click details it tells me to login, upon logging in I'm taken to the main page. When I try to click details again it does the same damned thing.

are you logging in from merchdirect.com/glassjaw or just from merchdirect.com? if youre not doing it through the glassjaw store, try that. otherwise, i dont know.