The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Having not read the comics I think the little girl may figure heavily in future episodes, my guess is a rescue from other survivors or some such thing, otherwise why drag it out like this?

My biggest pet peeve is how they still drag small tasks across multiple episodes (like respirator retrieval) but breeze over the heavy stuff, like the CDC from one episode last season. I expect a certain amount of character driven stuff on AMC so the pace of the show doesn't bother me, but they sure seem to prioritize stuff in an odd way.

While you might call it slow paced, I think the show is taking necessary time to do some really important character development.

I really hope Shane sticks around for some time. Right now he's the most interesting character on the show given last weekend's events and he's undoubtedly going to create some serious conflicts. He had to make a really tough decision in sacrificing Otis and that's going to play really heavily on his psyche. Also you really got a good understanding of how much he cares for Carl and Lori even though Lori has bitched him out constantly. And while it might be a logical stretch, I think Shane has really lost the most out of anyone of the group. Because the only thing worse than losing a loved one to the infection would be being forced to live with them and not being able to share his affection. Which as per mandate of Lori, he has been forced to sever any love he has for her or Carl. But as you can see he hasn't done this given his decision to sacrifice Otis.

Also, Daryl rules.

i hope she got eaten by a pack of rabid zombie wolves.

On Talking Dead two weeks ago, they said there can't be zombie animals. Also we will learn a bit more about why zomibes gather in packs, and new zombies are faster than old zombies.

I'm in on this show, I hope it lasts as longs as the comics.

I'm accepting the comics as chirstmas presents.

A lot of my friends are calling Shane evil and an asshole. I actually sympathize with him. I totally understand why he felt like he had to do what he did. (Trying not to spoil anything for anyone who has yet to catch this episode). But he did what he felt was necessary. Also, if you break it down in a philosophical manner, he decided that one death was less tragic than three... which would have been the result had he not done what he did. Plus, if your son was about to die at the expense of the person who was responsible for his current condition... i'm pretty sure you'd cope with shane.

I actually agree with you in this. It's obvious in the way Shane acts in the present scenes, that the flashback scenes had an adverse effect on him and he's very much shellshocked by what went down - that he apologized and hesitated before doing what he ultimately did shows that he had remorse for what he was about to do. On the whole, I still can't stand the guy, but I certainly think he's becoming a more tragic character as time is going on and it's certainly harder to simply dismiss him as a one note antagonist like the first season.

i hope she got eaten by a pack of rabid zombie wolves.

On Talking Dead two weeks ago, they said there can't be zombie animals. Also we will learn a bit more about why zomibes gather in packs, and new zombies are faster than old zombies.

I'm in on this show, I hope it lasts as longs as the comics.

I'm accepting the comics as chirstmas presents.

i know, i was just being facetious.

and i thought new were faster than old because they have less decay, etc? sort of like the natural biological aging process in humans. but....dead.

Ok folks... for those who have read the graphic novels: Do you think they've replaced Tyrese's character with Daryl? Especially given his behavior towards Carol? If he does end up finding Sophia she's going to be a Daryl fan club member for life. At least until she has a reason to think otherwise ;)

Ok folks... for those who have read the graphic novels: Do you think they've replaced Tyrese's character with Daryl? Especially given his behavior towards Carol? If he does end up finding Sophia she's going to be a Daryl fan club member for life. At least until she has a reason to think otherwise ;)

i certainly hope not. i think i read somewhere that they cast someone to play tyrese, and the whole storyline with his daughter and her boyfriend is a pretty interesting one given the end consequences.

i certainly hope not. i think i read somewhere that they cast someone to play tyrese, and the whole storyline with his daughter and her boyfriend is a pretty interesting one given the end consequences.

I don't want to see the story play out that way either it just seems like that's where they're headed.

*Spoiler Alert! for all you whining noobs*

Where did you read about them casting someone to play Tyreese? I would imagine he'd be brought into the series before we get to see Michonne. And I could swear I read somewhere that the creators thought we'd see her by Season 3. That wouldn't leave a whole lot of time for that to happen unless we are introduced to both of them in Season 3.

I don't want to see the story play out that way either it just seems like that's where they're headed.

*Spoiler Alert! for all you whining noobs*

Where did you read about them casting someone to play Tyreese? I would imagine he'd be brought into the series before we get to see Michonne. And I could swear I read somewhere that the creators thought we'd see her by Season 3. That wouldn't leave a whole lot of time for that to happen unless we are introduced to both of them in Season 3.

i've read it in multiple places (walking dead forums, random articles about the show), but here's one place: http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_18434.html

no idea if it's true or not, cuz i think it's mostly rumors.

also not 100% on this, because i don't pay enough attention, but my boyfriend pointed out that t-dog isn't in the opening credits, which hopefully means he'll be a goner soon.

Last night's episode was great. Picked up the pace a bit. Shane is still a dick. Lori is a ho. And now a pregnant ho. Glenn got some! You go boy!

Zombie in the well was great. I like Daryl more and more each episode he's in. Norman Reedus can do no wrong in my book as an actor.

And where the fuck is Sofia?!?!

I can't be the only one at this point who genuinely doesn't care what happened to Sofia at this point can I? Either there's a huge reveal with her when they do find her or she's zombie lunch by now.

I'm with you sir. I could give a fuck what happened to her, and i don't really care if Carl dies or not. (haven't seen last nights episode yet) I really don't like this show at all, but for some reason I can't stop watching it.

I am hoping it gets better though...just like American Horror story, I really want to like this show...

I can't be the only one at this point who genuinely doesn't care what happened to Sofia at this point can I? Either there's a huge reveal with her when they do find her or she's zombie lunch by now.

Well the theory is that something big has to happen with her since it's been going on for so long. I don't know if you've read the comics, but finding her could lead to the beginning of a number of storylines.

Last night's episode was the best one without Sophia so far.

They tease the doll in next weeks trailer, which doesn't mean shit per se, but clearly the Sophia thread is not lost.

I actually thought last night moved a little slow. I'm a fan of character development but I'm finding I just don't give a fuck about half these people I guess. I think the one episode equals one day thing they are doing this season makes it drag a touch.

I'm backing the Daryl is the shit comments. 100%

Well the theory is that something big has to happen with her since it's been going on for so long. I don't know if you've read the comics, but finding her could lead to the beginning of a number of storylines.

Last night's episode was the best one without Sophia so far.

I finished #90 earlier tonight and then watched last night's episode an hour or so later - I can definitely see the Sophia thread starting to wrap within the next episode or two with what Daryl found (assuming it's not another new character - the signs of survival he found lead to Michonne but that's wishful thinking and the pantry where he found the bedding is far too large for a grown woman).

The interaction between Rick and Hershel is nearly note for note out of the comic which has been great and Shane teaching Andrew about shooting is continuing the thread of her becoming the marksperson her comics counterpart is - definitely still excited to see each new episode.