The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I don't understand why T-Dog is even in the show. He served a very minimal purpose all along, then he hurt his arm and he disappeared.

I'm not horribly upset about Dale dying. It would've been nice to have that amputation plotline, but in a live-action tv series, how are you going to have someone hobble around one-legged for the rest of the series? It's easier to just kill him off. It does suck to have his moral compass missing from the group now though.

I'm mostly pissed about how he died. His stomach got ripped open? That's not the hardest fix around, is it? You can get stabbed in the stomach and it'll bleed and bleed and bleed and it'll hurt but people recover just fine.

I don't think Herschel could have pulled off that kind of operation with what he had around the farm. He wasn't adequately equipped to perform the surgery on Carl after he was shot, so there's no way he could have re-routed Dale's intestines and sewn him back up. It was clear that Dale was in a ton of pain and that the best option would have been to put him out of his misery.

It was kind of weird that Dale died in this episode. I was saying how much I disliked him as a character throughout the episode. I thought he was a great character in Season 1, but he's gone downhill this season. I still can't believe they killed him off because of how many plot lines from the comic they shut down by doing so. Maybe this leads to something happening to Andrea as well

I don't understand why T-Dog is even in the show. He served a very minimal purpose all along, then he hurt his arm and he disappeared.

I'm not horribly upset about Dale dying. It would've been nice to have that amputation plotline, but in a live-action tv series, how are you going to have someone hobble around one-legged for the rest of the series? It's easier to just kill him off. It does suck to have his moral compass missing from the group now though.

I'm mostly pissed about how he died. His stomach got ripped open? That's not the hardest fix around, is it? You can get stabbed in the stomach and it'll bleed and bleed and bleed and it'll hurt but people recover just fine.

in television it is mandatory to have 1 black guy and 1 asian in the cast to make you look like you give a shit about equality, even though not giving the black guy any lines looks more racist than killing him off.

hell, the only reason they don't have a character in a wheelchair is that it would be too unbelievable to have someone like that survive this long.

in television it is mandatory to have 1 black guy and 1 asian in the cast to make you look like you give a shit about equality, even though not giving the black guy any lines looks more racist than killing him off.

hell, the only reason they don't have a character in a wheelchair is that it would be too unbelievable to have someone like that survive this long.

in the comic theres at least 2 major black characters and one minor one at this point

Watching the episode again, Dale painted himself into a corner. He bowed out of the show in the meeting in the farmhouse.

"This new world is ugly! It's harsh. It's survival of the fittest! That's a world I don't want to live in."

His fate was sealed with that line, and I think it's pretty clear that if he didn't die, he'd be so alienated because no one (except Andrea for half a second) backed him in his plight for keeping their humanity. It seems like he was the last link to civilization. Shane accepted it early, convinced Andrea, the rest slowly came... even Herschel is broken and couldn't hold on to what he thought were his convictions. Glenn finally switched sides, and it left Dale all alone. He pretty much had to go.

I'm almost positive Merle will pop up again as one of the Governor's men - I also think that he'll be the one to spoilercut off rick's hand in an act of 'eye for an eye' instead of the governor doing it inspoiler when the time comes.

shit that would be pretty awesome but for all we know he might not even lose the hand.

Yeah for sure - as much as the show has deviated from the source material, maybe Merle losing HIS hand WAS the stand in for Rick's. In terms of said deviation, I'm really enjoying it - I've been with the WD comics since it was somewhere in the 20's and I've followed it monthly, but I definitely view it and the show as two separate things - it's something being interpreted from one platform to another and if it's not a contained storyline ala Watchmen, it shouldn't have to be chapter and verse (example, 70 years of Batman stories, etc, etc that you never hear fans complaining about when there are variances in media interpretations).

I'm almost positive Merle will pop up again as one of the Governor's men - I also think that he'll be the one to spoilercut off rick's hand in an act of 'eye for an eye' instead of the governor doing it inspoiler when the time comes.

DAMMIT KRISS!!!

I need to quit coming in here and reading this thread. You comic readers are giving me too much info!

However, it makes me feel like a badass when I talk to my lady about The Walking Dead. I always call things happening before they actually do. Then she's saying "Man, you're smart! I can't believe you saw that coming!"

I don't think she even knows it was a comic.