Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press release:

As regular manufacturers of vinyl, and proud of it, Spinefarm Records are delighted to be celebrating Record Store Day on April 16, 2011 with six seven-inch singles featuring tracks from some of the key artists on the label. All of the singles will be strictly limited to 300 copies and will come in a Spinefarm Records house bag specifically designed for the event.

The full list of releases is as follows:

Single 1:

RAMMSTEIN - "Waidmann's Heil" / "Liebe Ist Für Alle Da". Both tracks are taken from the Berlin band's current "Liebe Ist Für Alle Da" album.

Single 2:

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH - "Falling In Hate" / "Far From Home". Both tracks are taken from the U.S. band's current "War Is The Answer" album, now approaching gold status at home.

Single 3:

CHILDREN OF BODOM / KILLING JOKE - "Northpole Throwdown" / "Fresh Fever From The Skies". The COB track is taken from the Finnish band's just-released "Relentless, Reckless Forever" album, while the KILLING JOKE track comes from their latest "Absolute Dissent" release.

Single 4:

HELLYEAH / JETTBLACK - "Pole Rider" / "When It Comes To Lovin'". The HELLYEAH track is taken from the U.S. crew's second "Stampede" album, while the JETTBLACK track is taken from the U.K. band's "Get Your Hands Dirty" debut album.

JETTBLACK will be taking time out from the recording of the follow-up to "Get Your Hands Dirty" to sign copies of the seven-inch single and play an acoustic set at The Rock Box in Camberley (Surrey, England) at 1 p.m. on April 16.

Single 5:

HELLOWEEN / APOCALYPTICA - "The Sage, The Fool, The Sinner" / "Bring Them To Light". The HELLOWEEN track is taken from their latest "7 Sinners" album, while the APOCALYPTICA track (featuring GOJIRA's Joe Duplantier on guest vocals) comes from their most recent "7th Symphony" release.

Single 6:

THE ANSWER - "Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw" / "Fooled Me" (demo). Both tracks are exclusive to this release. "Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw" is a cover of the ROSE TATTOO classic (1978), while "Fooled Me" is a demo recording of a track at one point in contention for the Irish band's third studio album, currently being mixed.

About Record Store Day: Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.

Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

For more information on exclusive Record Store Day events, products and participants, visit www.recordstoreday.com.

In related news, I went to the Record Store Day panel at SXSW last week and it was the biggest blowjob I've ever seen. Not one person on the panel talked about any of RSD's faults (of which there are many), and most of the "questions" from the audience were just saying how great they think it is. I actually left before it was even over. Such a waste of a potentially interesting panel.

for the people the went to the record store day event last year @ amoeba(hollywood)...how was it there/experince wise and what not...was it hard to find parking last year?

it was a madhouse. people started shoving each other for that john lennon 7" box thing, some dude had the stupid idea of shoving his no more than 5 year old kid in front of everyone to get him records which resulted in the kid not being able to move and the dad threatening people, and i remember some dude got that hold steady lp that was out of like 600 i think and some dude offered him $300 for it and gave it to him. '09 was peaceful compared to last year. made me not wanna do rsd at amoeba ever again.

it was a madhouse. people started shoving each other for that john lennon 7" box thing, some dude had the stupid idea of shoving his no more than 5 year old kid in front of everyone to get him records which resulted in the kid not being able to move and the dad threatening people, and i remember some dude got that hold steady lp that was out of like 600 i think and some dude offered him $300 for it and gave it to him. '09 was peaceful compared to last year. made me not wanna do rsd at amoeba ever again.

whoa! thats crazy. might aswell go to rhino records instead ahaha

Radiohead will be releasing a two track 12″ vinyl on the worldwide Record Store Day. The two tracks are The Butcher and Supercollider. The latter has been played before by Radiohead on their previous live shows. Record Store Day is on April 16 and there are rumours of a limited edition of 2,000 copies. This number is most likely for one territory only.

Exclusive UK Releases from Parlophone (500 copies each) announced today:

Parlophone's Record Store Day releases are as follows:

Artist: Beastie Boys

Title: 'Make Some Noise' 7" Tracklisting:

A: 'Make Some Noise'

B: 'Make Some Noise' (Passion Pit Remix)

Artist: Beck & Bat For Lashes 7" (song from the Twilight soundtrack)

Title: 'Let's Get Lost' Tracklisting:

A: 'Let's Get Lost' (Beck & Bat For Lashes)

B: 'Dark Time' (Bat For Lashes unreleased demo)

Artist: Baxter Dury 7"

Title: 'Claire' Tracklisting:

A: 'Claire'

B: 'The Sun'

Artist: Morning Parade 7"

Title: 'On Your Shoulders' Tracklisting:

A: 'On Your Shoulders'

B: 'Under The Stars' (Wilkinson Remix)

Artist: Tinie Tempah 7"

Title: 'Wonderman' Tracklisting:

A: 'Wonderman'

B: 'Simply Unstoppable'

Artist: Gorillaz LP

Title: 'The Fall' TracklListing:

A01. 'Phoner To Arizona'

A02. 'Revolving Doors'

A03. 'HillBilly Man'

A04. 'Detroit'

A05. 'Shy-town'

A06. 'Little Pink Plastic Bags'

A07. 'The Joplin Spider'

B01. 'The Parish of Space Dust'

B02. 'The Snake In Dallas'

B03. 'Amarillo'

B04. 'The Speak It Mountains'

B05. 'Aspen Forest'

B06. 'Bobby In Phoenix' (feat. Bobby Womack)

B07. 'California And The Slipping Of The Sun'

B08. 'Seattle Yodel'

Artist: Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi 7"

Title: 'Two Against One'/'Black' Tracklisting:

A: 'Two Against One' (feat. Jack White)

B: 'Black' (feat. Norah Jones)

Artist: Jonsi (from Sigur Ros) 12"

Title: 'Go Out' EP Tracklisting:

A01. 'Go Do' (klive Remix) - Jónsi

A02. 'Tornado' (Fuck Buttons Remix)

B01. 'Around Us' (WLD PTCH Remix)

B02. 'Go Do' (Bogdan Raczynski Remix)

Artist: DOM

Title: 'Things Change'/'Jesus' (MINKS Remix) Tracklisting:

A: 'Things Change'

A: 'Jesus' (MINKS Remix)

B: 'Jesus'

Radiohead will be releasing a two track 12″ vinyl on the worldwide Record Store Day. The two tracks are The Butcher and Supercollider. The latter has been played before by Radiohead on their previous live shows. Record Store Day is on April 16 and there are rumours of a limited edition of 2,000 copies. This number is most likely for one territory only.

Very cool!! Thanks for posting this. I wondered when this was going to be announced. They had mentioned on the pre-order for King of Limbs that a random person would get a signed 12", so I'd guess this must be the release for it. Hope it comes the US or is at least split 1000 copies for UK/Europe and 1000 for US/Canada.

for the people the went to the record store day event last year @ amoeba(hollywood)...how was it there/experince wise and what not...was it hard to find parking last year?

Similar mayhem at Amoeba San Francisco last year.

Exclusive UK Releases from Parlophone (500 copies each) announced today:

Parlophone's Record Store Day releases are as follows:

Artist: Beastie Boys

Title: 'Make Some Noise' 7" Tracklisting:

A: 'Make Some Noise'

B: 'Make Some Noise' (Passion Pit Remix)

Artist: Beck & Bat For Lashes 7" (song from the Twilight soundtrack)

Title: 'Let's Get Lost' Tracklisting:

A: 'Let's Get Lost' (Beck & Bat For Lashes)

B: 'Dark Time' (Bat For Lashes unreleased demo)

Artist: Baxter Dury 7"

Title: 'Claire' Tracklisting:

A: 'Claire'

B: 'The Sun'

Artist: Morning Parade 7"

Title: 'On Your Shoulders' Tracklisting:

A: 'On Your Shoulders'

B: 'Under The Stars' (Wilkinson Remix)

Artist: Tinie Tempah 7"

Title: 'Wonderman' Tracklisting:

A: 'Wonderman'

B: 'Simply Unstoppable'

Artist: Gorillaz LP

Title: 'The Fall' TracklListing:

A01. 'Phoner To Arizona'

A02. 'Revolving Doors'

A03. 'HillBilly Man'

A04. 'Detroit'

A05. 'Shy-town'

A06. 'Little Pink Plastic Bags'

A07. 'The Joplin Spider'

B01. 'The Parish of Space Dust'

B02. 'The Snake In Dallas'

B03. 'Amarillo'

B04. 'The Speak It Mountains'

B05. 'Aspen Forest'

B06. 'Bobby In Phoenix' (feat. Bobby Womack)

B07. 'California And The Slipping Of The Sun'

B08. 'Seattle Yodel'

Artist: Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi 7"

Title: 'Two Against One'/'Black' Tracklisting:

A: 'Two Against One' (feat. Jack White)

B: 'Black' (feat. Norah Jones)

Artist: Jonsi (from Sigur Ros) 12"

Title: 'Go Out' EP Tracklisting:

A01. 'Go Do' (klive Remix) - Jónsi

A02. 'Tornado' (Fuck Buttons Remix)

B01. 'Around Us' (WLD PTCH Remix)

B02. 'Go Do' (Bogdan Raczynski Remix)

Artist: DOM

Title: 'Things Change'/'Jesus' (MINKS Remix) Tracklisting:

A: 'Things Change'

A: 'Jesus' (MINKS Remix)

B: 'Jesus'

What's different about the UK Gorillaz album versus the US version?

From the inbox:

Fresh off their SXSW performance, Duff McKagan’s Loaded are going all out for this year’s Record Store Day! Performing at Seattle’s Easy Street Records on Saturday, April 16, the band will also release a limited edition vinyl of their new album, The Taking (CD release April 19 – Eagle Rock Entertainment).

This 12” special edition of The Taking will include a 12 song digital download card. The digital download includes the track “Indian Summer,” which does not appear on the regular vinyl release (in stores April 12). The LP will only be available to Record Store Day stores. See www.recordstoreday.com for a complete store listing.

Easy Street Records is located at 20 Mercer Street, in Seattle, WA 98109. Loaded will perform at 2:00PM, and then treat fans by signing their brand new copies of the vinyl after the performance.

Duff McKagan’s Loaded is excited about being a part of the Record Store Day festivities! Click here to view their latest webisode about the event:

For more information, please visit http://duff-loaded.com/.