Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

From the inbox:

Silverstein will be performing an acoustic set and have a signing at SUNRISE RECORDS on Yonge Street in Toronto, ON for Record Store Day on April 16th! The performance starts at 4:30pm, with the signing following at 5pm.

Fans who purchase a Record Store Day exclusive 7” on this day will receive 2 dollars off of their purchase of Silverstein’s new album, RESCUE on April 26th.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the inbox:

Silverstein will be performing an acoustic set and have a signing at SUNRISE RECORDS on Yonge Street in Toronto, ON for Record Store Day on April 16th! The performance starts at 4:30pm, with the signing following at 5pm.

Fans who purchase a Record Store Day exclusive 7” on this day will receive 2 dollars off of their purchase of Silverstein’s new album, RESCUE on April 26th.

Am I a bad person for having walked out on Silverstein when they were headlining on a tour with TDWP, ADTR and Protest the Hero a few years back? They are just so horrible live.

Anybody willing to try to help me out with Cities? I want it, but it seems like the kind of thing that I wouldn't have to worry about other people in my city grabbing before I got to it, but because of that seems like the kind of thing that my store won't end up getting. Again, hope I'm wrong.

More details on the Foo Fighters covers LP:

Following hot on the heels of Wasting Light's release will be Medium Rare, a vinyl-only compendium of the Foo Fighters' arsenal of classic cover tunes, released to commemorate this year's annual Record Store Day at participating stores only. Medium Rare is a must for every serious Foo Fighters fan who's thrilled to the band's versions of Paul McCartney & Wings' "Band On The Run" recorded at Abbey Road, seen them bust out Pink Floyd's "Have A Cigar," Gary Numan's "Down In The Park" or Mose Allison's (by way of The Who) "Young Man Blues" in live sets over the years, or scoured the digital and physical worlds for their versions of Husker Du's "Never Talking To You Again," The Ramones' "Danny Says" or Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street." Medium Rare marks the first and only time all these and more have been compiled in one place, along with previously unreleased versions of Thin Lizzy's "Bad Reputation" and The Zombies' "This Will Be Our Year."

Fucked Up is doing something with the new LP and that fake comp they have talked about.

Fucked Up - "Town Comp"

RSD Exclusive Vinyl LP

$17.99

While recording their brand-new album, the rock opera David Comes To Life, Fucked Up discovered that they had 15 extra tracks once the album and associated singles were complete. They decided to repurpose the extra songs as a fictitious compilation album from a British town circa 1978-83, in the tradition of local punk, post-punk and DIY comps of the era. The town is the one in which the opera is set. All tracks unreleased, and will not be on the new FU album (out May 24). Limited to 800 copie

Guest someriffage

From a local record shop of quality: "I just last

night got the solicitation info from Rev for ordering their RSD

releases (in addition to the Quicksand 7" they're also repressing the

s/t Burn & Youth of Today 7"s and the first Elliott LP)."

I pre-ordered the Elliott lp from revhq, but am kinda thinking i'll never see the Quicksand or Burn outside of Ebay. =\

Goddamn "Band on the Run?"

Fuck... Might pass solely because of that.

their "band on the run" cover is flawless, as is their take on "darling nikki (with gnarls barkley)."

I don't doubt that they would probably make it listenable. I just hate that fucking song.

Wait, Gnarls Barkley was on their cover of "Darling Nikki?" Whaaaaat?