Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's UK/EU only.

Where did you see this?

It is common public knowledge.....the Of Montreal/Casiokids 7" picture disc has only been listed on the UK RSD website, it was mentioned on the RSDUK facebook page and Spencer Hickman, who runs Rough Trade and is the UK lead for Record Store Day also confirmed it.

Plus, no distributor in the US (junketboy, ADA, AEC One Stop, etc.) had this available to purchase, not to mention it was never listed on the US RSD website on both their PDF list and then "special releases" page (which goes into detail on each release).

I would like the pic disc, since I like Of Montreal and recently saw Casiokids open for Starfucker. Banquet Records has a RSD microsite where you can be notified if they put any of their UK stock online by Sunday....that is my best hope/chance to try and get it.

Extreme Noise posted this on fb:

RECORD STORE DAY!! This Sat, the 16th! We will be open at 8 am. RSD limited records galore! (A list of available records will be posted on Friday pm.) Free breakfast--muffins from Hard Times Cafe (vegan and non-vegan), coffee and juice. Free lunch--veggie dogs and soda. Free show--Frozen Teens and Condominium to play in-store beginning at noon!! Giveaways, special bargains, etc. Come on down!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Extreme-Noise-Records/243075812814

The Bouncing Souls - Live At Generation is available in It's Alive's distro.

Gone now. I ordered it last night. Hope that wasn't an error. And $9 was cheap enough....Just noticed they have Tim Barry Laurel St. Demos on red/orange and also for only $9. That's first press of 200 if I recall. I just picked it up last month....Paid a little more than $9 though!

So I already have a list of a few records I am gunna try and pick up Saturday, but can someone tell me some of the exclusive pressings Hot Topic has put out the past few months encase I wanna stop by on my way home. Might as well try and take advantage of there sale.

I know they had Bayside recently.

So we have some good news and some bad news regarding the Touche Amore “...to the beat of a dead horse” Record Store Day LP. The bad news is that due to a situation that’s out of my control the record will not be available in stores across the country. Vacation Vinyl in LA and Vinyl Conflict in Richmond, VA will be the only stores carrying the record. Both stores will have limited quantities available so get there early.

The good news is that the record will now be available online at two locations, the 6131 store (via Hellfish) and the Deathwish store. The record will go on sale Saturday morning.

This letterpress version of the record is strictly limited to 250 and was made specifically for Record Store Day. Once it’s gone, it’s gone forever.

http://www.6131records.com/store

http://www.deathwishinc.com

The Bouncing Souls - Live At Generation is available in It's Alive's distro.

Gone now. I ordered it last night. Hope that wasn't an error. And $9 was cheap enough....Just noticed they have Tim Barry Laurel St. Demos on red/orange and also for only $9. That's first press of 200 if I recall. I just picked it up last month....Paid a little more than $9 though!

Woot I got mine in last night also!! Crossing my fingers too...

My ex went and saw Mazes tonight at their album release party and they were selling their Record Store Day 12'' for £12....sold! Means I don't have to get up at the ungodly hours and I'll have more time to look for things that folk are after on here, I really hope they have that C&C cus i wanna help out the masses!

don't know if anyone has posted this yet.

Record Store Day 2011 is going to be great this year. Along with the insane amount of cool releases & free goodies, each store will be having some amazing in-store performances & some items exclusive to Reckless. Keep checking back for more info but here's a little preview for now:

RECKLESS RECORDS: Milwaukee Ave

In-store performances:

1PM TYLER JON TYLER

2PM JOAN OF ARC

3PM CANDY GOLDE (with Bun E Carlos of

CHEAP TRICK!!)

330 PM JEFF PARKER (of TORTOISE, solo guitar)

4PM SINGLEMAN AFFAIR

5PM CAIRO GANG

Rock n' Roll caricatures by Steve Krakow aka Plastic Crimewave from 12-5PM

RECKLESS RECORDS: Broadway

In-store performances:

12PM CULT OF YOUTH

1PM RAW NERVE **(MOVED TO 5PM!!)

2PM OWEN

3PM POPULATION

5PM RAW NERVE

RECKLESS RECORDS: Loop

In-store performances:

2PM ROOMMATE

3PM SLOW WITCH (Angela of Sybris)

more possibly TBA

Exclusives:

RAW NERVE "Tall Tales" Youth Attack Records YA67

"Overdue vinyl collection of the demo, remixed & remastered "Teens in Heat" EP, Mailorder LP cassingle, and the Nervous Habits cassingle. These will be pressed on white vinyl and limited to 200 copies with art by Dan Rossiter. This release will be available ONLY from Reckless Records in Chicago in commemoration of Record Store Day on April 16th."

Various Artists NO PEACE/WAR 7"

Organized Crime Records have teamed up with some amazing bands to bring you the No Peace/ War 7” compilation. No Peace/ War was conceived nearly 2 decades ago by Dwid Van Hellion of INTEGRITY. The compilation was to include some of his favorite western hardcore bands paying homage to ...some of his favorite Japanese hardcore bands. Originally it was scheduled to be one of the seminal Blood Book 7” singles. Unfortunately No Peace/ War was indefinitely shelved due to unforeseen forces. Now 17 years later the compilation will finally see the light of day. Included on No Peace/ War are exclusive tracks by INTEGRITY, GEHENNA, VVEGAS, CAPE OF BATS and ROT IN HELL each covering their favorite Japanese hardcore songs.

WHITE MYSTERY "Blood & Venom"

Reckless is proud to be one of the few local stores to be carrying the new album by Chicago brother/sister duo WHITE MYSTERY a few days earlier than their 4/20/11 release date

more exclusives TBA!!

Talked to my stores today. I'm confident that I can be first in line for both of them, but I don't know what they're getting. One of them is posting their list tomorrow night, the other one I'll have to wait until I go in. I'll be out leading a youth retreat tomorrow night until the next morning, but I'm leaving early so I'll for sure be there before they open. So if I get the chance I'll post the list in case there's something on there somebody would like to have that they probably won't be able to get.