Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any other UK Record Store Day buyers here or am I the only one??, if so where do you shop for you music???

Yep I'm in the UK too. I'm in Kent, so I buy from a local place called Sound House - they're based in Deal and Broadstairs.

Been going there about 13yrs now, so know the guy really well, and he usually gets me everything I'm after on RSD.

There's a fair few things I'd like to pick up, but the 1 I want most is the City & Colour LP - which unfortunately for me is US and Canada only.

Gonna try get all these if possible...

Silverstein 7”

AC/DC – Shoot To Thrill/War Machine 7”

Red Hot Chili Peppers/The Ramones - Havana Affair Split 7"

Rise Against! - Join The Ranks b/w Gethsemane and Generation Lost 7"

Foo Fighters – Covers LP

Nirvana - Hormoaning EP

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American 3LP Deluxe

City & Colour - Sometimes LP

There's a fair few things I'd like to pick up, but the 1 I want most is the City & Colour LP - which unfortunately for me is US and Canada only.

Silverstein 7”

Foo Fighters – Covers LP

Nirvana - Hormoaning EP

I am after a few of those myself (as well as the Mastodon releases), this is my first RSD but I am finding it hard to budget for when I have now idea how much things are gonna cost me =[

Also, as an aside I can sympathise with you about the City & Colour LP, I am after the white vinyl of Sell Your Soul by The Creepshow. It is only for sale at Interpunk and only for US & Canadian customers!! The country based exclusive deals stink don't they dude!!

Silverstein 7”

Foo Fighters – Covers LP

Nirvana - Hormoaning EP

I am after a few of those myself (as well as the Mastodon releases), this is my first RSD but I am finding it hard to budget for when I have now idea how much things are gonna cost me =[

Yeah that does suck. Last year I was only after the Them Crooked Vultures 10", City & Colour - Live at The Orange Lounge cd and the Hunter - 10 cd. I got pretty lucky as my local shop was able to get me the TCV 10" and the other 2 cd's were US and Canada only, but ended up on Dine Alone's website.

Sadly, I think the C&C LP will fly off the shelves, leaving none for us foreigners :(

true story: last year i went into HMV and knowing that most locations dont stock vinyl i asked if they'd be getting any of the RSD cd releases in. the guy looked at me with the most serious face i've ever seen and said "what's record store day? oooh, is that the gummy bear thing in the mall next week?" apparently there was some gummy bear meet n greet thing for little kids happening. wtf is wrong with that guy?

true story: last year i went into HMV and knowing that most locations dont stock vinyl i asked if they'd be getting any of the RSD cd releases in. the guy looked at me with the most serious face i've ever seen and said "what's record store day? oooh, is that the gummy bear thing in the mall next week?" apparently there was some gummy bear meet n greet thing for little kids happening. wtf is wrong with that guy?
lol

A local store here asked some regular customers to volunteer on RSD this year and the owner would pay us in store credit. Naturally, I volunteered. I asked if I could put aside the releases I wanted and use the store credit to pay for them, and the manager said that would be fine. I think that's the only way I'm participating in RSD from now on!

Silverstein 7”

Foo Fighters – Covers LP

Nirvana - Hormoaning EP

Also, as an aside I can sympathise with you about the City & Colour LP, I am after the white vinyl of Sell Your Soul by The Creepshow. It is only for sale at Interpunk and only for US & Canadian customers!! The country based exclusive deals stink don't they dude!!

I may be able to help you out with that Creepshow LP! I'll pop you a pm with some details.

The Decemberists are putting out a live CD for RSD. Details:

The band has also announced the April 16 release of Live At Bull Moose, a limited edition EP in conjunction with Record Store Day. The seven-track CD—which will be available exclusively through participating independent record stores—was recorded live at Bull Moose in Scarborough, Maine, and includes songs from The King Is Dead, as well as a cover of the country ballad “If I Could Only Win Your Love” by The Louvin Brothers.

A local store here asked some regular customers to volunteer on RSD this year and the owner would pay us in store credit. Naturally, I volunteered. I asked if I could put aside the releases I wanted and use the store credit to pay for them, and the manager said that would be fine. I think that's the only way I'm participating in RSD from now on!

thats amazing!

thats amazing!

Holy shit! Want to do this!

Are there any other UK Record Store Day buyers here or am I the only one??, if so where do you shop for you music???

Yep I'm in the UK too. I'm in Kent, so I buy from a local place called Sound House - they're based in Deal and Broadstairs.

Been going there about 13yrs now, so know the guy really well, and he usually gets me everything I'm after on RSD.

Another from the UK here:

I do my buying in Newcastle, we have a few good shops, i'll be poppping into all these on RSD for my items.

Reflex CD

RPM

Windows

Beatdown Records

I went to all of them last year as well, managed to get everything I wanted as well which was a bonus. Can't wait to do it all again this year.

Apparently my store isn't going to handle any requests, they're just going to try to order everything and then see what they actually get. I'm pretty bummed, because that means we probably won't get City and Colour. May need help tracking down a copy.

In the event that they actually do get copies, and more than one, I'll buy as many as I can so I can help some of you out.

Apparently my store isn't going to handle any requests, they're just going to try to order everything and then see what they actually get. I'm pretty bummed, because that means we probably won't get City and Colour. May need help tracking down a copy.

In the event that they actually do get copies, and more than one, I'll buy as many as I can so I can help some of you out.

Samezies... I called and spoke to 2 diff ppl just to make sure. They're probably gonna just order the "popular" shit and im gonna be screwed :\

Samezies... I called and spoke to 2 diff ppl just to make sure. They're probably gonna just order the "popular" shit and im gonna be screwed :\

I tried talking to 3 stores in my area and only 1 was willing to take the info and look into. Plus is he said he's been leaning towards ordering from ILC so I might get the P.O.S. / WEW split and Touche Amore and double plus is he said he doesn't order from Fontana but he get their stuff in for RSD so I should be able to get a C&C.