Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no because most records these days come with a free download card or code. ::) would you rather if not come with one. ::) there is zero irony with this because theyre not selling just a digital download. ::)

yea, but the whole ideal behind RSD is to support Record Stores, which is apparently being killed by people downloading, whether illegal or otherwise. id rather not/wont buy anything by Queen, so thats not a problem.

Ah man, this single has "Stone Cold Crazy"...song is fuckin' sweet!

This is shaping to potentially become a very fuckin' expensive day...

I'm thinking that too.

Probably forgetting some, but I'm looking at...

Nirvana Hormoaning

JEW

Velvet Underground 7"

Frustrators 7"

City and Colour

Off! both 7"s

Pink Floyd Live 67 white LP

Bad Brains Pay to Cum 7"

possibly Beach Boys 10"

Menzingers LP

Joan Jett clear LP

Fucked Up

Going off that list on Wax Poetic...I'm into these but doubt my store will get all:

Soundgarden 7"

Superchunk/Coliseum split

Mastodon/ZZTop "Just Got Paid" Mastodon version b/w ZZTop's original version

Quicksand 7"

Pearl Jam Immortality b/w Rearviewmirror

Red Hot Chili Peppers/The Ramones Havana Affair Split 7"

OFF! Compared to What/Rotten Apple 7" (different picture sleeve version available on tour. 7"

Bad Brains Pay to Cum 7"

Prurient Many Jewels Surround the Crown

Rival Schools Wring it Out 7"

OFF! "Live at Generation Records" 7"

CIRCA SURVIVE APPENDAGE 7"

Dio Killing the Dragon Picture Disc

Sonic Youth Whore's Moaning EP

Touche Amore LP

Deftones Covers LP (5000 copies only)

Glassjaw Worship & Tribute

Bad Brains God of Love w/Bonus Demos 7"

Neurosis Sovereign LP

Discordance Axis The Inalienable Dreamless LP

Oxbow King of the Jews LP

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts "I love Rock N Roll" 180g Clear Vinyl LP

FOO FIGHTERS COVERS LP

Fuuuuuuck...it's definitely gonna be expensive...

NEW releases such as Cars, Lady Gaga, New York Dolls, Duran Duran, James Blake, several quantity updates, Circa Survive, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE, DOORS, Opeth, RANCID, and more now here:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2011/02/record-store-day-rsd-2011-rsd11.html

criminal is my record store, I love the place but seeing the owner call the people who line up "collector scum" kinda pissed me off. I was there early last year, like fifth in line, I saw the dude try to take the Devo hat. I was there early cause I'm a fucking nerd not because I was trying to profit. I was actually helping out a friend in Canada and ended up dropping like 175 bucks at his store. I know he thinks about RSD a bunch but some of us are just crazy and need to make sure we can get what we want.

i don't like being called "collector scum" because I line up on RSD.

Link? Proof that it will be a 12"?

link to all the stuff you compiled on your blog as proof its accurate?

I can point you to the Record Store that copied the e-mail from the RSD folks that listed the release as a 7". You, come to this thread after not posting for 2+ months and claim that it is a 12" out of the blue. All I am asking is where did you see/hear that and if you can provide proof. Put up or shutup.

I think I've proven that the items I've found out about are more accurate than anything that's been spewed from your mouth thus far. But again, prove me wrong.

As of right now, all I'm really wanting is City & Colour, Jimmy Eat World, and Circa Survive.

I have Glassjaw pre-ordered, so I'm not worried about that. But I'll for sure be on the hunt for the other three I mentioned. I mean... if THEY don't go up for pre-order as well, which I doubt they will. MAYBE Circa...

link to all the stuff you compiled on your blog as proof its accurate?

I can point you to the Record Store that copied the e-mail from the RSD folks that listed the release as a 7". You, come to this thread after not posting for 2+ months and claim that it is a 12" out of the blue. All I am asking is where did you see/hear that and if you can provide proof. Put up or shutup.

I think I've proven that the items I've found out about are more accurate than anything that's been spewed from your mouth thus far. But again, prove me wrong.

all am i asking for is where did you see/hear about everything posted on your blog. all youve done is compile a long list of stuff and somehow you think that makes you the word on RSD.

how can you talk when you made an account here almost a year ago and post sporadically until RSD comes around. you still havent provided any proof yourself buddy, except what is spewed from your mouth. riddle me this, how can the appendage EP be a 7" when its physically impossible for it to fit on one? other people pointed that fact out before me but you insist its a 7" because you know people who know people who know people. i dont owe you anything until you get off your high horse just for running a blog where you made a list and complain about said list.