PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhhh okay. i just read a lot of comments on it and thought it was frowned upon or something. that makes sense.

well it is frowned upon by some people. but its embraced by a lot of people, as is evidenced by the amount of business they do.

the people who frown upon it usually see it as the "lazy" way. you push a button, and make an order, and voila, everything comes finished for you. Some people see that as putting no effort in, or being lazy, or just not very rewarding as you personally had almost nothing to do with it.

People who are older and put out records before pirates press, or younger kids who prefer the more DIY way have spent a lot of time making screens and hand screening covers, and cutting out inserts, folding over covers, etc. and therefore look at their completed project as a piece of art, and therefore very rewarding.

i know for me personally, i have never saw a complete pirates press package and though, wow that looks great. whereas i have seen packaging that is handmade and while not nearly as slick or professional, and thought holy shit that looks amazing, based on the fact i know that time and effort actually went into the release.

its similar to buying a cookie cutter house in the 'burbs VS. building your own house. you can save a lot of time and effort getting that house thats premade and looks like every other house on the block. but the people who designed and built their own house have a sense of pride and accomplishment in their work that you just cant buy with money. its all in your point of view.

I'm less bummed about the splatz/inside-out color scheme, and more bummed out about the lack of the liner notes...I know the kid wanted to do something nice for the 2-pack special, but even just a normal printed copy of the liner notes would be acceptable and have the nice hand-screened copies for the 2-pack. Oh well, no my label, not my release...there's my 2 cents

yeah seriously. wish i was getting liner notes too. i missed out on the 2 pack, i just completely forgot about the preorder, but at least i got a copy of make yrself at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy the Ride did not put up those test presses - I did - they were my personal copies I got for doing the artwork layouts & screen printing. I've gotta pay off a credit card bill and don't really like the music so I put them up. ETR is not making the test presses for public sale so you guys don't need to starting bitching about that unless it makes you feel better.

The vinyl has shipped so these should start going out next week sometime for those who wanted to know the latest on it

Man there are so many whining little cocksuckers on this board. The guy gives a discount code, then tells everyone how he is going to take back the orders from people that ordered 15 so other people can get them and all you bitches can do is give him shit. He didn't need to do any of that.

For all of you complaining about the shipping cost, I hope your records get CRUSHED in the mail.

You sound like a whining little cocksucker, just sayin'.

Man there are so many whining little cocksuckers on this board. The guy gives a discount code, then tells everyone how he is going to take back the orders from people that ordered 15 so other people can get them and all you bitches can do is give him shit. He didn't need to do any of that.

For all of you complaining about the shipping cost, I hope your records get CRUSHED in the mail.

You sound like a whining little cocksucker, just sayin'.

ZING!! You are so right Paul! Thank you!

head up that both the records arrived today and will begin to ship out this week in the order they were placed. We are finished up the liner notes in the next day or two and will post pics of everything along with the actual records in the next day or two.

Also for those who care, we only have 3 copies of "make yourself at home" left and under 30 of "with hopes...."