PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

While not chosing sides here, i think you guys are misunderstanding what Brent is saying. He is saying that it adds to the price of the record therefore making it worthless. Meanwhile color variants dont normally add to the price. i could be wrong, i am worthless.

I'm not sure how this adds to the price of the record - the single copies of each album were $12.99 - so times two equals $25.98. If someone bought the 2-pack which includes one of each record + two double sided hand screened liner notes & this obi strip that's $24.99 - so you actually saved $.99 and get the liner notes & obi strip for free - something that was made as a bonus for those fans out there who wanted a little more than just the vinyl. Fans buy t-shirts, posters, stickers, buttons - those things all don't make their music sound better but they're there for a reason.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I think the records should just be the plain wax. No sleeve, no insert, no labels. That's just adding unnecessary cost to the music without improving fidelity.

Actually. Having no labels lowers the fidelity of a record by increasing the chances of warping greatly.

Damn - I didn't know that - I'm actually glad you mentioned it because I've thought about pressing something that way.

got my copy of the 'make yourself at home' ep today. sounds amazing. was a little disappointed with the way color turned out (red with gold inlay), it's moreso just a red vinyl. nonetheless, quality sounds great!

is it all gritty sandy like everyone is saying the haze is going to be??

i apologize for the lack of quality in the pictures. my iphone assumes all responsibility:

SIDE A

[image]

SIDE B

[image]

Also, did not notice any grain material or anything like that on my vinyl. Could be because mine wasn't that "infused" with gold inlay or whatnot, but it plays perfectly...

I went through all 4 boxes of these red / gold ones I got and they are all like that - kinda pissed me off

i apologize for the lack of quality in the pictures. my iphone assumes all responsibility:

SIDE A

[image]

SIDE B

[image]

Also, did not notice any grain material or anything like that on my vinyl. Could be because mine wasn't that "infused" with gold inlay or whatnot, but it plays perfectly...

I went through all 4 boxes of these red / gold ones I got and they are all like that - kinda pissed me off

Not as expected.

Okay, so two things:

1. I am not a fan of packing 10"s in a 12" mailer without securing them. They were just in there sliding around (thankfully there was only one split, but I don't really feel like complaining to get a replacement).

2. It feels like someone poured sand into the paper sleeve. I presume this is a production issue.

Okay, so two things:

1. I am not a fan of packing 10"s in a 12" mailer without securing them. They were just in there sliding around (thankfully there was only one split, but I don't really feel like complaining to get a replacement).

2. It feels like someone poured sand into the paper sleeve. I presume this is a production issue.

1. Fail. So glad we payed all that extra postage.

2. Pirates Press?

i ordered both starting line eps and the rx bandits lp, and all 3 of them had seam splits, plus the bandits had corner dings on the top two corners. rage!

note to enjoy the ride--a single piece of bubble wrap does not secure records well. in the future, i would hope that you would also ship the records outside of their sleeves, because i'm sure this will be a recurring problem as more people get their orders.

also +1 to the sand. i'm listening to "make yourself at home" now and it sure sounds good at least.

i ordered both starting line eps and the rx bandits lp, and all 3 of them had seam splits, plus the bandits had corner dings on the top two corners. rage!

note to enjoy the ride--a single piece of bubble wrap does not secure records well. in the future, i would hope that you would also ship the records outside of their sleeves, because i'm sure this will be a recurring problem as more people get their orders.

also +1 to the sand. i'm listening to "make yourself at home" now and it sure sounds good at least.

That really is a must.