Any comic book readers?

Got into that "Original Sin" and found out I bought one of the most limited variants, which was cool, AND got a free glow-in-the-dark eyeball. Comic is turning out to be GREAT. Also picked up:

The Wake #8

The Woods #1(EXCELLENT read if you're into LOST and/or Morning Glories type stuff)

She-Hulk #4

Turok #4

God is Dead #12

Fatale #22

Got into that "Original Sin" and found out I bought one of the most limited variants, which was cool, AND got a free glow-in-the-dark eyeball. Comic is turning out to be GREAT. Also picked up:

The Wake #8

The Woods #1(EXCELLENT read if you're into LOST and/or Morning Glories type stuff)

She-Hulk #4

Turok #4

God is Dead #12

Fatale #22

I was reading about The Woods and it seemed interesting.  I'll have to check it out.

Been reading Powers v2 and I'm enjoying.  I enjoyed volume 1 better, but v2 has held my interest too.  Kind of a popcorn read, it's light and fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good graphic novel score at the used book store today:

Wolverine: Old Man Logan tpb

Swamp Thing: tpb #1, #5, #6  - I've been wanting to get this run so scoring three of the six for under $20 total was a no brainer to save cash.

Batman: Earth One  hc

Walking Dead tpb #1-4. $6 each so also a no-brainer

TRADING:

I am interested in trading some of my books and am specifically looking for a few Captain America (Brubaker era), Millar Wolverine stories and Locke & Key books. If you want to talk about trading graphic novels hit me up. Resale value on most is so low it doesn't make sense so I must have something to swap if you do. 

I have a friend who's doing a series called Dead Letters. I feel bad that I haven't read it yet given it's on it's third issue. I'm just not good with comics unless they are anthalogised. I love his work, though, and the comic he has on his website is pretty awesome.

http://www.chrisvisions.com/sequential

Continued Pillaging the used book store:

Batman: Broken City HC $8

Animal Man #1 (Lemiere run) $1 (have not read it but the Morrison run is Top-3 if not #1 for me of all time)

X-Men TPB (I forget which one) $4

Footnotes in Gaza - Joe Sacco HC - $12

Lemires run on Animal Man was awesome. You should dig it. Also check out Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder which crosses over with Lemires Animal Man.

Both Animal Man and Swamp Thing started out pretty good, but got boring fast. Rotworld was the beginning of the decline for both books.

I was glad Animal Man ended so I could stop buying it already.

I keep buying Swamp Thing because it's one of my favorite characters and I keep hoping to will get good again. (it hasn't happened yet)

Both Animal Man and Swamp Thing started out pretty good, but got boring fast. Rotworld was the beginning of the decline for both books.

I was glad Animal Man ended so I could stop buying it already.

I keep buying Swamp Thing because it's one of my favorite characters and I keep hoping to will get good again. (it hasn't happened yet)

I'm going to heavily disagree with this. Swamp Thing was great all through Rotworld except that one issue where there was a guest artist (#17 I think). Soule's stuff has been completely different that Synder's but he's done a great job with the character and the mythos behind it.

Read Broken City - I held off since I didn't like the last Azzerello Batman story I read and missed this one 10 years back. I also recall a bunch of folks not liking it. I love Noir. Shit, my kid is named Dashiel. I loved this story. A lot of folks thought there were holes like hell in it but with the exception of his being forced to see the Joker I thought it was spot on. I never had an issue with seeing multiple Rogues Gallery members. His description of The Penguin is easily the best I've read in any Batman story and I've been devouring them for about 29 years. Solid read - dumb forcing a Joker/Arkham appearance but overall I think it was sharp. Honestly, the only thing against it is that it came on the heels of Hush. People will respect this with perspective. 

Need to read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. I've read most of his other big projects. One thing I'll say is screw his cthulu mythos based comic. He says he regrets the Killing Joke stuff with Barbara Gordon, then goes full rape in the cthulu comic. Talked to a big comic fan friend and apparently that's what he resorts to all too often. Brilliant writer otherwise.

I've been slowly working my way through Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run. They're a little slow, but I'm enjoying the hell out of them. I sometimes feel like I blow through issues of most series too fast, so it's nice to have something really wordy that takes me a while to read.

Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is great. Have all the hardcovers.