Any comic book readers?

Moore's Swamp Thing is also on my "to read" list.  Theres also a bunch of stuff by Charles Burns.  Has anyone else read Black Hole?  Really amazing stuff.  Also, prepare to be jealous... I'm currently taking a class that is solely focused on comic books, more specifically graphic novels.  A huge section of the semester is based on Moore's Watchmen.  It's not just a filler class either, it's credit toward my Literature degree and it's being taught by a really great author that I look up to.  

I'd like to give Moore's Swamp Thing a read.

Black Hole was awesome, I read it years ago on a plane ride and loved it!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone here can help me. The other day while looking at comics i came across the rad looking "Death of the Family" joker book. I skimmed it, thought it looked really cool and decided i wanted to read the series. My question is, where does this series start? hahah looking it up, i'm so confused. there are so many books in the series. 

Maybe someone here can help me. The other day while looking at comics i came across the rad looking "Death of the Family" joker book. I skimmed it, thought it looked really cool and decided i wanted to read the series. My question is, where does this series start? hahah looking it up, i'm so confused. there are so many books in the series. 

cover_523c78cba8a5f2.25312032.png

Was it this one? If so it's from the New 52 which is the rebooted DC universe. You can actually just start here and read it as a standalone and by fine. If you want to start right from where they rebooted, there's two trade paperback collections that came before Death of the Family

batman-court-of-owls-city-of-owls.jpg

But they are somewhat unrelated and don't need to be read to enjoy it. Although I highly recommend them also. It's a great story line.

Was it this one? If so it's from the New 52 which is the rebooted DC universe. You can actually just start here and read it as a standalone and by fine. If you want to start right from where they rebooted, there's two trade paperback collections that came before Death of the Family

But they are somewhat unrelated and don't need to be read to enjoy it. Although I highly recommend them also. It's a great story line.

Awesome, thanks museummouth. I figured court of the owls was part one but i wanted to make sure. Going to pick that up tomorrow. 

Court of Owls was good.

Death of the Family started out ok, but was pretty disappointing overall.

Read A Death In The Family instead. That is a classic Batman story arc!

Picked up a Death in the Family two weeks ago but haven't read it yet. I got it with "a serious house" and started that first.

I started reading Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol. I am 2 TPBs in and it is awesome! Don't know why I waited so long to check this out.

Caught up on the current Silver Surfer series this morning. This is shaping up to be Marvel's best book right now! Has a strong Doctor Who vibe to it (alien dude travels around space with random earth girl).

I started reading Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol. I am 2 TPBs in and it is awesome! Don't know why I waited so long to check this out.

Caught up on the current Silver Surfer series this morning. This is shaping up to be Marvel's best book right now! Has a strong Doctor Who vibe to it (alien dude travels around space with random earth girl).

Morrison's Doom Patrol is so wacky and awesome.

I'd like to give Moore's Swamp Thing a read.

Black Hole was awesome, I read it years ago on a plane ride and loved it!

Black Hole, El Borbah and especially Big Baby are fantastic. Burns is a true master. Fantagraphics was selling new softcover editions of a couple of his books that came with free signature plates. I jumped on that real quick, but that was almost two years ago probably. Really, really awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Not only that 100% of the cash I ponied up goes to Housing Works which is a great AIDs charity here in NYC. I mean, sometimes reading comics can be awesome. They were holding back a bunch of used complete TPB runs to put out during the Con.

Nice... that is awesome. Worthy causes getting money is a bonus.

On a semi related note...

I am saving for the Absolute versions of Transmet now.

Scored a complete run of TPBs of Transmetropolitan for $70. Pretty excited to give it a straight uninterrupted read.

Pretty good deal, though I couldnt get into it all no matter how much I tried. I felt like Ellis was just trying too hard to be in your face.

As far as Batman 35, I gave up on Snyder's run a while back. Everyone raves about it but I didnt care for his first four arcs at all. I did just pick up Wytches though to see how he does on some creator controlled stuff.

• 2 weeks later...