Any comic book readers?

I have a whole series of Batman Comics ranging from 1990-1999ish. I most likely have sold and/or missed some comics in my collection. I'll post pics soon. My Favorite Comic is Batman: HeadHunter Dec. 1992 US: $1.25 CAN: $1.50 UK:60p Rel. 487. Doug Moench | Jim Aparo. Artwork: Hannigan Aparo (I'm guessing that's Jim's Brother or art name). Mine favorite is still in mint condition too!

• 1 month later...

Holy Shit, Just got finished reading the Death of the Family Story arc. 

What a great story, I love the way Joker knows just how to play everyone and has a contingency plan for just about every scenario. For a while there I really thought he had done some of the most gruesome shit to the bat family ever.

Need to read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. I've read most of his other big projects. One thing I'll say is screw his cthulu mythos based comic. He says he regrets the Killing Joke stuff with Barbara Gordon, then goes full rape in the cthulu comic. Talked to a big comic fan friend and apparently that's what he resorts to all too often. Brilliant writer otherwise.

I just picked up the first Alan Moore Swamp thing last night and going to start reading today.

Haven't gone through the last few pages, but anyone reading Sandman Overture? I just picked up #3 and can't wait to read it.

I just picked up the first Alan Moore Swamp thing last night and going to start reading today.

Haven't gone through the last few pages, but anyone reading Sandman Overture? I just picked up #3 and can't wait to read it.

Finished Moore's Swamp Thing run yesterday. Save for a few issues toward the end, I found it excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else find it odd that every issue of Trees just kind of ends.  It's not even on cliffhangers, it seems like things stop mid-scene.  It would work well for a trade, but it's kind of annoying on a monthly basis.

I just got caught up on the fourth book friday and I like how it is taking its time and not just ending on big cliffhanger or a big reveal. Plenty of other comics do that every month so it is nice to have something that is a little different from that. I'm still very interested in seeing where it goes.

The pop star part of Wicked + Divine turned me off from the idea of it so I havent even picked up a copy to flip through but I have heard nothing but great things about it so I might finally flip through it.

That turned me off to it too, but I kept hearing how good it was and curiosity got the best of me.  I've read the first issue and thought it was interesting enough to keep going.

Just got caught up on Deadly Class and I really like it.  The first issue didn't really do much for me, but I'm glad I kept on going.  One of the first comics in a while that's gotten me really excited.

Just started Stray Bullets and I'm pretty blown away by it.  It's a lot darker than I expected, but that only adds to my interest.

Moore's Swamp Thing is also on my "to read" list.  Theres also a bunch of stuff by Charles Burns.  Has anyone else read Black Hole?  Really amazing stuff.  Also, prepare to be jealous... I'm currently taking a class that is solely focused on comic books, more specifically graphic novels.  A huge section of the semester is based on Moore's Watchmen.  It's not just a filler class either, it's credit toward my Literature degree and it's being taught by a really great author that I look up to.  

Theres also a bunch of stuff by Charles Burns. Has anyone else read Black Hole? Really amazing stuff. Also, prepare to be jealous... I'm currently taking a class that is solely focused on comic books, more specifically graphic novels. A huge section of the semester is based on Moore's Watchmen. It's not just a filler class either, it's credit toward my Literature degree and it's being taught by a really great author that I look up to.

I love Black Hole! Also, there was a class like that that started up during my last couple semesters. Really wish I would've had a chance to take it.