PO:TWY-Suburbia I've Given You...(PO:@3pm ET)

Ok , so I'm really confused as of right now. I bought the 4 pack from no sleep. all of them are fine except the orange/gray is a little warped on the edge but not bad at all. However the baby blue one I have has a bad warp in it. Now a friend of mine went to the record release show and I asked her to get me a record release copy if she could. She asked the merch guy specifically for the limited record release and apparently he sold her just the regular version and then wouldn't return it for her when she found out it wasnt the record release even though it was shrink wrapped (cool dude). That to me is really shitty because had he let he return it, i know she would've at least bought me a shirt or something else in its place. So i'm thinking great now I have an extra copy of a record I don't need. When i finally met up with her to get it and opened it, it looks like this

[image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

which seemed to be the color people got as record release copies, but when its next to the baby blue copy from no sleep they definitely look like 2 completely different colors.

Which would be cool except this is how the split blue record looks when its not flat:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

its so warped, it looks like waves/dents when you look at it.

I'm going to try to contact no sleep, since i've already tried contacting the band and never heard anything back from them.

But seriously what does the pressing info for this record looks like? Are those blues supposed to be the same colorway? I also got the gray and its definitely split gray not blue/gray split

[image]

i think they might want to try another plant next time.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just emailed him as well, he's definitely a good dude and I'm sure that this is probably something that has to do with the pressing plant and not no sleep. Although I will say this is one reason I hate records that come sealed, I always feel like records that come shrink wrapped have a warp to them and it always warps the jackets.

That is truly ugly. Has anyone heard anything from No Sleep?

I was essentially told it was USPS's fault and that the color is out of stock (obviously). Was informed they had black and grey left but wasn't offered an exchange or anything like that.

well i think that was just relating to the people who didn't get the orange/gray color, not about why all the records were warped. it just seems that too many records are warped for it to be usps fault, it definitely seems like a pressing error

I just got my baby blue copy in, it's a little warped but sounds perfect so no complains from me. I also love the packaging and insert, great job there.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I like Suburbia more than The Upsides, it just feels a bit more mature and complete to be honest. I love it.