PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

I'm aware of all the issues with the delay... but can anyone give any input on how this record sounds... contemplating just ordering on of the regular presses. but i wanna know from people on here is the regular one was worth it. (obviously the 180 gram wasn't worth the wait)

EDIT: okay i read through a bit and it sounds like ppl were happy with the sound. but some more input wont hurt.

don't support this "label". don't give this guy any money. don't encourage him to continue to run a shitty "label." if you want the record buy it off someone or trade for it. the guy who runs this "label" is a complete douchebag. further proven by the way he handled this release. he is a typical absoultepunk asshat who has no business being anywhere around a record let alone running any sort of label. he has probably well over 20,000 posts on that site by now. he's the resident elitist asshole over there who criticizes and talks down to everyone. maybe the best part in all this was he threw a temper tantrum when someone posted a download link to Gold Rush and possibly leaked the album in the process, and demanded the links be taken down and anyone who posts them or talks shit about his label be banned. all while he downloads tons of shit people post on that site, even asking for download links and posting links himself.

so yeah. don' buy this from him and support such a shitty person and "label"

okay... anyone on here willing to sell their copy? any color. i'd go as high as like $22 ppd.

They might as well just call the label AbsolutePunk Records. Every release is bands that have been jocked on that site to no end, and the guy who runs this circus is defended on there no matter how arrogant he is to paying customers.
trust me when i say, there are many of us on there who are not fans of this guy.

and i want a copy of TD&A too, but the amount of bullshit everyone's dealt with on this release has sort of ruined that idea for me.

It's taken a few years of this kind of cat and mouse game for me to finally catch on that Ace has little to no control over his career, its presentation, and its direction. It kind of pains me to say that because I just want the best for the guy. But he continually makes promises to deliver albums and projects and ideas, abandons them, and either provides weak excuses or none at all for the shortcomings.

No offense to Jenn, but having your wife and mother of your children act as your manager, booking agent, and who knows what else is one of the worst business decisions you can make. There's no objectivity.

As for American Dream Records, at least they recognize the string of mistakes. However, if they have "a drawn out agreement with Ace and Jenn with regards to releasing/pressing Gold Rush" that details the specifics about the lyrics, a follow up needs to be in order. Ace shouldn't make these promises that he can't keep and ADR has a duty to ensure the terms of their agreement are met. Further, while the gesture is somewhat appreciated, I didn't need another copy of the album to make up for the delay. I could have been sent my copy(copies) of the record when they were in hand and the lyrics could have been sent at a later time. Clearly, it's too late for that, but hopefully they'll find a better solution should they run into issues in the future. However, I do not anticipate ordering anything from them in the future, as a result of the handling of Gold Rush.

All around bummer.

yea I've noticed he's so wishy washy with projects. Don't need to even try to explain my post because you explained it very well. Just look at his changes from TEN->ICMAMLNB->Ace Enders & a Million Different People->ICMAMLNB->TEN

It's taken a few years of this kind of cat and mouse game for me to finally catch on that Ace has little to no control over his career, its presentation, and its direction. It kind of pains me to say that because I just want the best for the guy. But he continually makes promises to deliver albums and projects and ideas, abandons them, and either provides weak excuses or none at all for the shortcomings.

No offense to Jenn, but having your wife and mother of your children act as your manager, booking agent, and who knows what else is one of the worst business decisions you can make. There's no objectivity.

As for American Dream Records, at least they recognize the string of mistakes. However, if they have "a drawn out agreement with Ace and Jenn with regards to releasing/pressing Gold Rush" that details the specifics about the lyrics, a follow up needs to be in order. Ace shouldn't make these promises that he can't keep and ADR has a duty to ensure the terms of their agreement are met. Further, while the gesture is somewhat appreciated, I didn't need another copy of the album to make up for the delay. I could have been sent my copy(copies) of the record when they were in hand and the lyrics could have been sent at a later time. Clearly, it's too late for that, but hopefully they'll find a better solution should they run into issues in the future. However, I do not anticipate ordering anything from them in the future, as a result of the handling of Gold Rush.

All around bummer.

yea I've noticed he's so wishy washy with projects. Don't need to even try to explain my post because you explained it very well. Just look at his changes from TEN->ICMAMLNB->Ace Enders & a Million Different People->ICMAMLNB->TEN

Not to mention failed projects like "The Sound Of Evolution", the multiple albums a year he's been promising but never delivering despite always saying they're near completion, this so called "Mess Of The Month" club that hasn't seen anything new since November even though people were promised and have paid for a year's worth of new tracks...

:-/

Going to see Ace next month on the where's the band tour: Matt Pryor/Evan Weiss/ace Enders

Does anyone know what he's playing mostly on this tour? Will it be mostly ace Enders material since that's the name listed on the tour? Or will he be playing stuff off gold rush?

It was a great show. He played the new songs that he just put out, which he killed. Then he played some early November. Everyone put on a great set. It seemed to be a lot of request and very laid back. Make sure you get there for the start of the show because there wasn't a bad song the whole nite. And let the saves the day fans know to relax and enjoy the show, you don't have to sing louder than the person next to you.

Going to see Ace next month on the where's the band tour: Matt Pryor/Evan Weiss/ace Enders

Does anyone know what he's playing mostly on this tour? Will it be mostly ace Enders material since that's the name listed on the tour? Or will he be playing stuff off gold rush?

It was a great show. He played the new songs that he just put out, which he killed. Then he played some early November. Everyone put on a great set. It seemed to be a lot of request and very laid back. Make sure you get there for the start of the show because there wasn't a bad song the whole nite. And let the saves the day fans know to relax and enjoy the show, you don't have to sing louder than the person next to you.

How did the line up go? Order?

I went to the Philly and Baltimore shows. He mixed it up a bit. He did play mostly TEN songs on both dates. And a new one from his 3 song EP, called "That's Not Your Real Name" both dates as well. He played "Gold Rush" in Philly, but nothing off that album last night, or any other ICMAM. He also played "Body Like Mind" at both dates.

The lineup seems to switch every night, but Evan opened both dates I was at. But Philly was Evan, Anthony, Matt, Ace, Chris. Baltimore was Evan, Ace, Chris, Anthony, Matt.

Awesome, glad to hear he will be playing some stuff off Gold Rush! Do you remember what TEN songs were played? Anything off of When I hit the ground? Or mostly just gold rush and old TEN?

I went to the Philly and Baltimore shows. He mixed it up a bit. He did play mostly TEN songs on both dates. And a new one from his 3 song EP, called "That's Not Your Real Name" both dates as well. He played "Gold Rush" in Philly, but nothing off that album last night, or any other ICMAM. He also played "Body Like Mind" at both dates.

The lineup seems to switch every night, but Evan opened both dates I was at. But Philly was Evan, Anthony, Matt, Ace, Chris. Baltimore was Evan, Ace, Chris, Anthony, Matt.

Interesting line up swap. Were all of their sets the same length or did the last artist every night play a little longer set? I'm catching this tour at the Troubadour and I'm fucking stoked.

In NY it was Evan, Ace, Chris, Matt, Anthony. NY is Anthony's stomping ground so I wasn't surprised. Check out their twitter accounts cause they might post what time they go up. Also Chris was taking request on there. Everyone seemed to have the same time and since there's no need for equipment setup they all had more stage time.