PO: TOUCHE AMORE "Parting The Sea..." Deluxe LP!!!

I agree. As much as I think TTBOADH is amazing I think with Parting the Sea TA has actually increased the intensity with the lyrics, slightly more melodic touches with vocals, and you can hear the progress they've made as musicians. Not to mention the production is better without going slick.

I wouldn't really argue with anyone who feels differently because in the end they are both great albums. Now the wait for the deluxe version!

I completely agree with this guy. Word for word. I've only been into the band for a few months now, but I'll say that PTSBBAM is personally the most enjoyable listen, for yours truly. Also pretty enthused for the deluxe LP to show up whenever it may.

I think that the Constant I'm seeing is that most people who think TTBOADH is better/the same are those who have been into the band for longer and appreciated what try did in the first place and the realness of how they made their music, and those fascinated with parting the sea, are those who recently got into the band? I'm undecided on a "favorite" but I am loving the new more and more with each listen. Every time I start listening to it and hear tilde I am like DAYUMMM. Just my opinion.

That sounds very fair. While I do enjoy TTBOADH to some degree, it just didn't click with me (in the last few months) as PTTSBBAM did, right off the bat. My opinion may change after repeated listens, but I'm seriously thinking the musicianship and maturation of the newest album is what does it for me. Like you said; tracks like ~ just floor me and echo throughout my head all day. Something that nothing off of their previous material could do for me.

Either way. I think you're onto something. I'm sure there is an undeniable magic about To The Beat, that roots itself with the dedicated fanbase. But I think that if you found a handful of people who were completely new to TA's catalog, the vast majority of them would prefer Parting The Sea. I suppose it also boils down to flavors, though: TTBOADH strikes me as much more raw, and less melodic. If that's your thing, then I can see why you'd prefer it. I guess I'm just a sucker for melody and appealing chord progression, ha.

I love both albums. It took me longer to get into "...to the beat" but when I began to learn the lyrics it (and the band as a whole) became a personal favorite. That being said, I think "Parting the Sea" is a better album. I already knew I liked the band at this point, and had built up anticipation to hear it. I was blown away, and still am everytime I listen to it.

Can't wait to get the deluxe in the mail.

Got mine today. No elusive 4th LP.I dot ever get free shit like that. O well... So....... Who's going?

Me either, you'd think after giving deathwish over $1000 the past year or two they're finally hook me up in a situation like this but i guess not. lame.

ended up with two copies of white and a copy of blue. pretty disappointed since i ordered the day they went up and got a bunch of other records with them. somebody buy these white copies since there's no way i can get a complete without dropping a load of money.

Got mine today. No elusive 4th LP.I dot ever get free shit like that. O well... So....... Who's going?

Me either, you'd think after giving deathwish over $1000 the past year or two they're finally hook me up in a situation like this but i guess not. lame.

ended up with two copies of white and a copy of blue. pretty disappointed since i ordered the day they went up and got a bunch of other records with them. somebody buy these white copies since there's no way i can get a complete without dropping a load of money.

lol