Ok, I'm torn..... (Brand New YFW)

Give me one reason why I shouldn't buy this

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Your-Favorite-Weapon-LP-sealed-vinyl-/140547425287?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item20b9478407#ht_500wt_1156

I keep holding off hoping for a repress, but if that does end up happening, then I'll be out $150.

Also, has anyone bought a copy from here?

well, considering the actual label is selling it for that price, and have been for months now, if not longer, than thats just messed up.

it's dishonest, if they label found a old box or something of sealed copies, they should sell them on their website for face value.

also, this and daisy are brand news worst albums IMO, so i wouldn't drop that much on it.

I cannot think of a record I would ever spend $150 on. But that's me. You do what's good for you. I would like this album, but never for that much.

And I get the label trying to capitalize but I too think it's somewhat a shitty way to cash in. But I wouldn't mind if they charged $30-40 considering how much it sells for on the bay.

My thoughts are that you shouldn't pay more for a record than YOU think it's worth. Don't let the market for something dictate your top dollar price. If it does get pressed tomorrow you'll still have your copy either way. It only matters if it gets repressed if you plan on selling it and if you plan on selling it, why buy it in the first place.

they've sold close to 100 of these on ebay recently...i doubt they have just 5 left.

exactly, i've seen iodine selling these on ebay since at least december, and everytime a listing runs out or sells out, another one pops up from Iodine, that must be one big box they found in "storage".

Who knows, they could be repressing it for all we know. Something about it does feel dishonest though, I would be able to understand if they were still a label selling it for that much, but Iodine has been defunct since 2003, so that $150 people spend on that record could be going into someone's pockets, not funding a music label.

The more I think about it though, the less I want to get it. It is an outstanding record, but bgdesign makes a great point, I don't feel it's worth $150 to ME, but to someone else, perhaps. In the meantime, I'll hold off for a repress of this and Deja.

Give me one reason why I shouldn't buy this

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Your-Favorite-Weapon-LP-sealed-vinyl-/140547425287?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item20b9478407#ht_500wt_1156

I keep holding off hoping for a repress, but if that does end up happening, then I'll be out $150.

Also, has anyone bought a copy from here?

one reason?

dignity.

Deja Entendu is more worth the money in my opinion and some guy is selling a copy on here for $180; just sayin! otherwise I say go for it. If you have the money and really really want it, then do it! I've never spent that much on a record before, but I've have my "meh why not" splurges before too.

if it were from a store or a private seller selling one, i'd go with the "pay the price that you value the record at" argument. but the fact that this is the label that pressed the record, i wouldn't pay a penny over their original retail price. i think that it shows a complete lack of integrity to inflate the price of a record to 10x what it was worth after "finding a box." the only reason that the label gets away with it is because people pay that price. in a perfect world, people would realize how ridiculous it is, and not buy it to force the label to deflate it.

anyway, don't hold your breath on a repress. if they're making $150 ea. on 50 or so copies of this, there's no reason for them to repress this to sell it at retail value and make a couple bucks off of each copy.

That's almost like the "one vote doesn't count" theory. That's poor morals to say "I'm against what they're doing, but someone else is going to buy it, so I should anyway." You don't stand by what you supposedly believe in.

If you don't support what someone is doing, don't support them. Who cares what everyone else is going to do. Who knows, maybe everyone is thinking the same thing..