{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was into it!! Obviously approved, but we'll see what happens!!

They taped next week's Raw last night since it's a holiday next Monday, so it turned out that it was just a work, but even still, that was one fucking awesome promo. My friends and I are gonna road trip to Chicago for dude's last match next month.

So I've watched wrestling since I was a kid and over the years learned to doubt about 95% of the things I've seen. This seems like a work, however, there doesn't seem to be many smart fans who know any inside stuff. Why's punk leaving?

because hes the best talent in the company , and they continue to drag him along rather than give him the credit and accolades he deserves. basically everything he said at the 3:00 mark

im still not fully convinced hes leaving. but hes certainly treating his upcoming departure in the exact same manner that he did when he left ROH. ie tweets that are word for word what he said back in 2005 about leaving.

if he does actually leave, itll pretty much be just one more reason to lose interest in this company. but hey, at least thats one less talent for john cena to undeservedly hold a title over.

*stone cold shirt ftmfw

so we have straight edge wrestlers now?

do they blast gorilla biscuits when he enters the ring?

edit:

that was probably the most honest thing i have ever heard come out of wrestling.

His theme song is actually a Killswitch Engage song. Dude occasionally comes out in a Bouncing Souls hoodie, too.

I've seen him in a Cro-Mags shirt, too, haha.

My wife bought me a subscription from the Observer for Christmas, actually, but there doesn't seem to be any scoop, really. First and foremost, I think it's a given that if you're going to cut a five-plus minute promo - during the highest rated segment of the show (due to overrun) - and you're going to be trashing the company, it's not a shoot.

RE: Punk leaving - who knows if he is at this point, but I'm assuming it would just be due to burnout. I'm glad that more wrestlers like Jericho, HHH, Punk, etc are taking breaks or not returning when it's not in their best interests for whatever reason. Learning from the mistakes of the last generation of wrestlers who were dumb with their money and bodies.

Punk vs. Cena is on, but then one of the MITB winners could cash it in on Punk, win and Cena won't be fired. It would be cooler if Punk left champ, obviously.

mitb winner seems like the most realistic angle.

but also, its john cena. wont be surprised in the slightest if they just have him win outright. tshirt sales! yay!!!

This will have my interest peeked for sometime. WWE isn't letting anyone leave with the title, so if he 'walks away' after beating Cena, if that match happens at all, it will tell if this was all a work.

*piqued

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I always appreciate it when people point out shit like that to me. I haven't had any interest in wrestling since I was a kid, but that was a great promo and I'd like to think it is all scripted; maybe it'll mark a shift in the way promos are cut/stories are developed.

if that match happens at all, it will tell if this was all a work.

This is an angle. People are thinking it's a shoot because all of the promos these days are scripted for the wrestlers by the writers and therefore come across terrible and stilted.

This, on the other hand, was probably all Punk, and therefore more natural and heartfelt-feeling.

That match against Cena is going to be so fucked up. There has been a face buzz for Punk for awhile now and this will just push it over the edge. The boos for Cena are building and they are going to be forced to flip him soon. It'll be interesting to see where they take this.

I doubt Punk is really leaving. Where would he go? TNA is fucking unwatchable and there isn't enough talent over there for him to drag a decent match out anyone. Outside of Cena/Kane/Show/Mark Henry the mid to upper card in WWE can at least work a little in the ring. Maybe he could go overseas but for a guy supposedly burned out on the travel that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The guy who really gets me going is Alberto Del Rio. I prefer him over Punk in the ring and on the mic.

The guy who really gets me going is Alberto Del Rio. I prefer him over Punk in the ring and on the mic.

I think they pushed him too quickly. I think he makes a great heel but it just happened so quickly and I wonder how long he'll last. As fast as Cena became THE face he still had to put in a few years work before a heavy weight title match.

i'm really getting tired of supercena doing the same five moves and always winning. I really hope cm punk wins at mitb. It would be a breathe of fresh air, even if he does leave.

Anyone else loving the r truth heel turn? I really hope they keep giving him more air time. I really thought he would win at capitol punishment, but was really disappointed when he carried the entire match and lost due to little jimmy. They really could've shaken things up if he had won.

also @wwe_creative on twitter is pretty funny.

the truth angle has become hilarious. from his days as k-kwik, hes just never been anyone worth having on screen... until now. and it was all over a bottle of water. lol.

and as for "where would punk go?"... how about home? far too many wrestlers simply dont know when to stop, and then we end up with guys who are far far past their prime without any downtime in their careers. its just not that far out of the question for punk to go on a hiatus for a while, like jerichos doing, while preserving his body for a few more years, and not spoiling any potential character angles when the time isnt right for it.

and yes, del rio is a fantastic personality. its a damn shame he doesnt have constant gold around his waist. and i was really hoping his little bit with maryse the other night would turn into something. thats a sexy couple i could get behind.

Just bought tickets to MITB. I can't believe I'm roadtripping to Chicago on the possibility that it might be CM Punk's last match, even though deep down I know it's not. Either way, it's gonna be awesome to be in that building and hear the pop he gets in his hometown (and the massive boos Cena will get, too).