MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Why would anyone knowingly pre-order something that hasn't even gone into production?

That's the stupidest thing for a customer, or a label to do. Basically what they are doing, is taking overpriced donations, until they have enough money to fund some projects, and then placing the order. Plants are all backed up nowdays, any label knows to consider around a 4 month lead time between lacquer cut and delivery. This is essentially what Virgil was doing. Give a bunch of money now, and one day, sometime in the future, we'll give you your record.

Is this stuff actually looked kindly upon on here? I have a few records I don't have the money to press yet, should I put up a pre-order first, and wait till I have the money and then press it on other peoples dime and make instant profit.

I've never been critical of this label, but damn. They seem like smart guys, but I guess they are either broke as hell, or want to do only risk free projects on guaranteed profitable releases. Seems much less of a music fan than a simple money making venture.

I guess I'll do pre-orders for the new Pinkerton Thugs album now, they hit the studio in 45 days, shouldn't be later than June/July when the album is out.

Pay now, get it 6 months later.

And oh yeah. Let's inflate the price. Pre-orders are 30 bucks unless we feel like charging double.

The sad shit is that people will continue supporting, and they know this. There is absolutely no motivation to not put up year long pre-orders. A few people get pissed, and then finally get the record and start kissing their ass again, and ejaculating in their pants for the next overpriced year long pre-order.

@jailhouse - what it comes down to is if you want the 180gram version you HAVE to preorder it. Blink has a big enough following that these will sell out no matter when they put the preorder up. Any other band on this label it wouldn't work for and the label has put themselves in the toilet by doing this. I know I am one of more than a few people that will never order anything from this label outside of these blink represses due to their awful service and bullshitting around

so the general understanding is that its pointless to try to 50% off code if you didnt order before? sorry new to the thread

to add to that.......... in order to use the coupon code you had to preorder 4 months ago? or could I preorder (1) today, and use the coupon to get a second copy, say, tomorrow?

still on the fence about getting one. anyone tried this yet? preeeesh

I don't see anything wrong with pre-orders, but when you haven't even finished the art yet. It's a little nuts to start taking pre-orders. At least wait till test pressings are approved.

Cash grab label.

I mean, we do pre-orders occasionally as well, but they are a few weeks, not months on end.

And I don't know why people go through the trouble of smiting people for making a comment on obvious fuckups by a label. I don't really think anyone here cares about their stupid ass Karma points.

They should just refund everybody, and allow them first dibs when the release comes out. Hell, if you took all probably 15000 bucks they have probably gotten on pre-orders and tossed it in a bank for 6 months, that's a decent amount of interest. They are basically getting interest free loans, or better yet, people are paying them for the privalege of giving them a loan.

It's tempting to buy into this shit, and start doing pre-orders a year in advance. Seems like people would rather pre-order than actually just buy something, like pre-orders sell better than release date records.

I'm still furiously jacking off.

They take pre-orders way in advance because thats how they are paying to press this. Im not defending it at all, just saying why they do it. If you cant afford to press a record without taking everyone's money 6 months in advance then you probably shouldnt be pressing the records in the first place. They didnt even have the fucking jackets picked out until the initial street date. The only way they can get away with this is because its Blink and people will wait cause if they cancel their order they will likely miss out on whatever they wanted. Pretty lame.

Im sure these will look and sound very nice but that doesnt make up for the fact that they obviously couldnt have handled this release any worse than they have so far. They cant even get an update out on time, let alone the actual records.

@jailhouse - what it comes down to is if you want the 180gram version you HAVE to preorder it. Blink has a big enough following that these will sell out no matter when they put the preorder up. Any other band on this label it wouldn't work for and the label has put themselves in the toilet by doing this. I know I am one of more than a few people that will never order anything from this label outside of these blink represses due to their awful service and bullshitting around

The only band on this label I like is I Hate Our Freedom. I will only purchase their future releases when the item is in stock and ready to ship. I don't want to support MTS at all, but it's not their bands' fault.

It's like dating a girl with an asshole dad.

I don't see anything wrong with pre-orders, but when you haven't even finished the art yet. It's a little nuts to start taking pre-orders. At least wait till test pressings are approved.

they actually posted a video of the approved test pressing on their facebook wall weeks before the preorder was even announced

i'm beginning to think that RJ doesn't know what a release date is. like, maybe he has the whole concept of it wrong and is okay thinking "oh, well, that's a date we'll shoot for, but it's not concrete or anything...."

This. And with the addition of your avatar make your statement even better.