MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you don't really need the biggest guy to fight R.J....

Well he fucked us, now we need to take his manhood w/ force!

DEMASCULINASIZED! coin that shit bro.

PS I love seeing Scott at shows because he makes me feel like I'm not a giant amongst average height people.

TALL PARTY!!

i too am still waiting for a response to my refund request. sent emails to both dan and rj and heard nothing back yet. for someone (dan) whose sole responsibitly is to answer emails, he sure does it at a crippled snail's pace

i too am still waiting for a response to my refund request. sent emails to both dan and rj and heard nothing back yet. for someone (dan) whose sole responsibitly is to answer emails, he sure does it at a crippled snail's pace

Dan used to be good, but I think he's taking stricter marching orders about replies from R.J. now.

Watch them start ignoring emails about refunds now that tons more people are going to ask for them

then their paypal account is gonna be fucked with all the chargebacks.

I've been thinking about this from an economic perspective. From what it sounds like, RJ's business is very likely to be in financial trouble. If people continue to ask for refunds, and it looks like they will following the HT repress announcement, it may ruin the capital he needed to actually complete the project (dumb business decision, but I won't get into that). From there, and this is where things get tricky, he may have to give everyone refunds and cancel the release, or if that money is already gone, declare bankruptcy and those who didn't get a refund simply lose their money.

Does that make sense? This is all speculation, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this will play out. I hope this release doesn't get cancelled, but the recent influx of refunds got me thinking about their repercussions.

I've been thinking about this from an economic perspective. From what it sounds like, RJ's business is very likely to be in financial trouble. If people continue to ask for refunds, and it looks like they will following the HT repress announcement, it may ruin the capital he needed to actually complete the project (dumb business decision, but I won't get into that). From there, and this is where things get tricky, he may have to give everyone refunds and cancel the release, or if that money is already gone, declare bankruptcy and those who didn't get a refund simply lose their money.

Does that make sense? This is all speculation, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this will play out. I hope this release doesn't get cancelled, but the recent influx of refunds got me thinking about their repercussions.

That all sounds about right. Asked for a refund first thing this morning, haven't heard a thing all day. I knew I waited on the refund too long :-/

that all makes prefect sense. it's a fact they use the preorder money to get the records pressed, and this pressing has not sold out combined with the steady flow of refunds he has to give for copies that did sell, MTS in all likelihood is running out of cash. and running out of cash quickly. RJ banked on the entire pressing selling out in days, if not hours and did not have a contigency plan in case the pressing did not sell out. so now he is chasing his tail and stalling until more money comes in, which it's not because plenty of people are still asking for refunds due to the announcement of a hot topic re-press.

plus given what was said in those email messages a few pages back, that RJ owes a decent chunk of change to at least one plant, enough to warrant said plant to not press any records for MTS anymore until the debt is paid off. he might have taken some or all of the money from the blink preorders to pay of various debts MTS has accumulated. the listing of several brand new devil and god records on ebay by RJ is another strong indication he is desperate for money.

RJ's refusal to address the rumors that the records arent even in production yet also doesnt bode well. and now they are ignoring people asking for refunds all together. this is shaping up to be another Virgil, vinyl collective distro and VC co-op debacle

Breaking my lurker status to voice my disappointment in all of this. Me and my buddy were joking a couple months back about how this will come out after I leave to basic training, and now that February 13th is getting close, I'm just sad now. I'm serving my country, RJ! Just give me my record before I go!!!!

This is true. RJ is now destroying morale of the brave soldiers that fight for our country. Shame

Is that possible after all this time?

i think it'd be more difficult since the 45 days is way gone and you'd have to contact paypal, but given proof that you haven't gotten the record (RJ's last email, this thread) I'm confident that paypal would side with the buyers - he also has no proof of delivery.

Is that possible after all this time?

a traditional paypal claim no, but calling up your credit card company and telling them you still havent received the product you ordered should work. at least for AMEX it does as i have gotten refunds from things like this, some as long as 8 months after the purchase date.

As stupid as it sounds, I'm keeping in with it. As someone else said, the money I put in has been out of my hands for so long by this point, I'd just rather have the record when it finally comes out.

the problem now is that they might not have the money to refund anyone else. which would be why they have ignored at least three people here asking for refunds. it's very likely there are more people out there being ignored.

I've only read page 1 and page 47 of this thread, but it looks like a "this is why PO's are a terrible idea!" statement is needed.

Raise the initial capital first. Then press something. Sell it. Use new revenue as costs for next project. Sell that. Rinse and repeat.

If you can't fund it in the first place, don't do it. People want to buy a record, not be an investor in a company and risk losing their $20.