Thrice - Major Minor PO

Hilarious that a company within an industry that has been plagued with an ever decreasing demand for it's product and dwindling profits won't take a relatively risk-free opportunity to make a little money. Maybe not a lot of money but hell, what do they have to lose?

Thats what I said to them. Vinyl is non-returnable. Retailers can return CDs that dont sell 90 days after street date if you want to but all vinyl is a one way sale.

Basically I just asked them to press 1000 of each of those records and said Id buy them all, they would get a check from all those records and never have to think about it again, just cash the check. There is literally zero risk for them. They werent interested ???

that's redickerous! haha, i can't believe they wouldn't take guaranteed money from a company like HT. i'm assuming their "scene" watchers aren't watching the market for trends on how these items are selling

Thats what I said to them. Vinyl is non-returnable. Retailers can return CDs that dont sell 90 days after street date if you want to but all vinyl is a one way sale.

Basically I just asked them to press 1000 of each of those records and said Id buy them all, they would get a check from all those records and never have to think about it again, just cash the check. There is literally zero risk for them. They werent interested ???

that's redickerous! haha, i can't believe they wouldn't take guaranteed money from a company like HT. i'm assuming their "scene" watchers aren't watching the market for trends on how these items are selling

To a major like Island these are just 2 random catalog titles. Not picking on Island, its like that with just about any major label, they just happen to be the label that turned down these 2. Who knows, maybe they have plans to do some sort of re-press on their own but I doubt it.

I wanted to jump into this thread to LOL at people quibbling over bitrates and digital audio quality...ON A VINYL MESSAGEBOARD.

How about you just listen to your record for superior audio and then realize that if you're not at home, your apple earbuds won't portray the difference between 190 and 320 no matter what.

makes sense to me. most people who are into vinyl appreciate sound quality, be it from an analog or digital source. seems like one of the more appropriate tangent subjects you could possibly have on a vinyl board.

I wanted to jump into this thread to LOL at people quibbling over bitrates and digital audio quality...ON A VINYL MESSAGEBOARD.

How about you just listen to your record for superior audio and then realize that if you're not at home, your apple earbuds won't portray the difference between 190 and 320 no matter what.

makes sense to me. most people who are into vinyl appreciate sound quality, be it from an analog or digital source. seems like one of the more appropriate tangent subjects you could possibly have on a vinyl board.

I get that idea, but only to a degree. I have spent thousands upon thousands on my record collection and setup and am thrilled at the way that it sounds and look forward to boosting that even further. However, I have never ONCE downloaded a FREE mp3 put it on my ipod and then felt cheated somehow because it wasn't "high quality" enough. I guess in my book, an mp3 is an odorless, flavorless convenience & I've never felt that they paralleled analog music in any way, shape or form.

But to avoid this from derailing any further, I am a naive fucker who loves to support artists that I love in every possible capacity, so I have a CD of Major/Minor as well, and would be willing to rip it into whatever awful, fruitless version anyone on here would like.

• 2 weeks later...

Island only owns 2 Thrice records.

They need to let them go, I emailed them a few times in the past to let someone have the rights so I could get Artist and Veissu on vinyl. Then I just bought them anyway

im gonna already going after the island owned releases soon and as always hot topic would get a variant color. Will have more news in the coming months

• 4 weeks later...