PO: Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon LP 10th Anniv

jhulud

Try investing in a pair of headphones that aren't made by Skullcandy.

You got me. It's definitely my magical shitty headphones altering the sound of the reissue to make it sound exactly like the old CD.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I listened to the reissue as soon as it leaked, and heard an an audible increase in quality right off the bat. How were you listening to it? Because in my defense, I was indeed wearing headphones. (And nothing fancy, no less.) Blaring it through [most] speakers may muddy the new clarity.

I got my blue in today. It looks great! But from what I'm reading on here, did MerchDirect just leave a box of them out in the sun for two days? Mine has a pretty noticeable wave to it, especially when listening to side A. It's not so bad on side B. it sounds pretty great. The vinyl sounds better than the copy of the CD I have on my computer. :P I'm gonna get the reissue when I get back on my laptop later.

I just think its ironic that multiple people are saying theirs is warped or uneven.

Agreed. I get a lot of records like this during the summer but it's rare during the winter. I was surprised they didn't put any cardboard padding in the mailer; it was crushed so bad I was kind of nervous to open it. TCR seems to take shipping much less seriously than other labels.

My blue copy came Friday. No wave or warp at all, looks fantastic... I haven't listened through every track yet, but thus far it sounds great. In terms of the physical record, there are some light pops here and there, but nothing major and no more than you would hear on most new records. In terms of the music, you can definitely hear an improvement in the overall quality of the sound. I have owned this cd for all 10 years it's been out and I had an original pressing of the lp a while back... I think it should go without saying that this is the best this album has ever sounded and short of re-recording the entire thing, I don't think it could get much better at this point.