Awesome Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

When you pay via paypal do you gift the money or do a "for items"

Most of us will gift each other to avoid paypal fees. When you send as a gift, you can't make any claims if you were to get ripped off (which I hope never happens to you). Be weary of gifting payments to brand new sellers or someone you're not totally comfortable with.

When you pay via paypal do you gift the money or do a "for items"

Most of us will gift each other to avoid paypal fees. When you send as a gift, you can't make any claims if you were to get ripped off (which I hope never happens to you). Be weary of gifting payments to brand new sellers or someone you're not totally comfortable with.

Whoa, whoa whoa. Gifting a payment is always a dumb idea. Throw in an extra dollar to cover fees or something if the seller insists its to avoid them.

I always ask to be gifted, always. I think I've built plenty of reputation in the matter at this point. I also usually only ask for exact cost or just slightly over. hell, I lose money sometimes feeling like I'm overcharging. I try to gift as often as I can too, it's nice to know a seller's feedback on the board first though.

Recently had an awesomely smooth transaction with apple01doj - sold me some rare records at a very fair price, shipped quickly. Didn't use an LP mailer, but secured everything safely nonetheless. No complaints!

lol, I tried! I went to two different post offices, and even walmart trying to find record mailers with no luck. Had to find some old boxes to package things up with.

I can't give enough praise to Derek™. He said over a month out that he'd pick me up a tour copy of Coheed & Cambria's "Second Stage" when he went to the show.

Sure enough he came through without a hitch. Totally went out of his way to help out a fellow collector when he could've easily flipped it. Great person to deal with, stand up dude.

I can't give enough praise to Derek™. He said over a month out that he'd pick me up a tour copy of Coheed & Cambria's "Second Stage" when he went to the show.

Sure enough he came through without a hitch. Totally went out of his way to help out a fellow collector when he could've easily flipped it. Great person to deal with, stand up dude.

I can say with complete honesty that it [probably] feels immensely better to help out a fellow vinyl lover, than to pick up a $10 / $30 / $50 profit on eBay. Stoked to hear that you received it without a hitch. Thanks for the kind words...

With that said, I should probably note that serum7 is a swell buyer. Very patient and easy to communicate with, with prompt payment.