Nirvana 20th Annv. Nevermind 4xLP Endless Nameless

this should be delivered today according to the tracking. i'm already ready to flip it judging by the packaging complaints. bah.

Because of one person's comment? I think the packaging is great, nothing flimsy about it.

it's a little flimsy. i can see it falling apart.

all i'm really concerned is the records. listening to the first LP now. sounds a little rough but i'm blaring it. i figure if i'm going to own the Bleach deluxe 2xLP, i definitely need this one. i really need to get Incesticide now, i want to listen to all those songs on vinyl after Nevermind.

so glad to get this for $45. that price seems more than reasonable. the $80 was a little too steep. thanks for the ebay links!

• 7 months later...

Damn thanks, $35 is great for most any 4xLP.

Anybody compare the original to the remaster? The dude who wrote one of the first reviews on amazon wasnt too happy with this one

Damn thanks, $35 is great for most any 4xLP.

Anybody compare the original to the remaster? The dude who wrote one of the first reviews on amazon wasnt too happy with this one

I've been curious too. I've seen a couple other negative reviews, so I haven't jumped on this set.

that set sounds pretty great to me. i don't have a 1st press, but if i remember right i said it sounded better than the ORG reissue.
Really, though? I haven't heard the vinyl, but the CD remaster was AWFUL. I thought the consensus was that they were the same master, but I could be wrong. I got the ORG press on blue and it is incredible.

i'm not saying the ORG is bad. it was better than the back in black and simply vinyl ones for sure. i have the original pressings of all the other albums (and the steve albini mix in utero) and played them back to back w/ the ORG reissues. i don't remember being blown away or super disappointed. it's been a while so i don't remember exactly tho.

I compared them both blindly (literally blindfolded *kinky*). My wife play In bloom 3 times one from 1 record and two times from another. I guessed properly which one was played twice, got which one was the 20th and the ORG mixed up. It was just for fun but it was very cool. The 20th sounds good to me, but MOST people, and I agree, consider the ORG Nevermind to be the best pressing out of all issues of this LP.

I compared them both blindly (literally blindfolded *kinky*). My wife play In bloom 3 times one from 1 record and two times from another. I guessed properly which one was played twice, got which one was the 20th and the ORG mixed up. It was just for fun but it was very cool. The 20th sounds good to me, but MOST people, and I agree, consider the ORG Nevermind to be the best pressing out of all issues of this LP.

This.

The 20th also made a 24bit/96khz flac download available which was made for the CD and likely the LP set too. The 24/96 flac had obviously been clipped much to the ire of the audiophile community... I didn't even download it for this reason. Damn shame, fortunately I've had my fill of Nirvana.

• 6 months later...