Foo Fighters Preorders on Amazon?

j67ab

Wow I'm an idiot!!!! Only seen these available from Banquet & What Records in UK, at £24.99 per 2LP or £18.99 for the singles. For some reason it's only just occurred to me to check the Foos UK store - £11.99 for singles or £14.99 for doubles!

........Now to decide which ones to buy with the limited funds I have.....

If you are on the fence about buying these from Amazon, I suggest you jump on these before the price goes back up. It looks like the regular retail price is $21 for the single LPs and $33 for the double LPs.

Also, I got the self-titled and TC&TS and neither of them came with inserts. Did the originals have inner inserts? Do the other reissues come with inner inserts?

The original self-titled has an insert, TCATS or any others for that matter did not. Some were gatefolds though (TINLNL, 1x1), and In Your Honor was the big 4xlp boxset.

I take it back, s/t did not have an insert, just a printed sleeve. New one doesn't have it.

I listened to both S/T and TCatS yesterday. S/T didn't sound as good as Colour, but i remembered that it was recorded in a cheap studio on a small budget, and had a different mastering engineer than the rest of the reissues. It still sounds fine, but not as clean, dynamic and powerful as Colour, and I suspect the rest of the Bob Ludwig mastered reissues. Can't wait to hear One by One.

Here's something i noticed. Neither of the LP's i've listened to seemed to be centered very well. I cant tell if the actual grooves were of centered but the label certainly is. Anyone else see this?

damn, such a high profile set of releases with so much potential, from Sony Legacy who has turned out several high quality presentations of re-pressings lately, and they press these on the thinnest vinyl in the thinnest jackets without so much as an insert and then list the MSRP at $40?!

i'm just as happy as the next guy to have some of these on vinyl, but damn did they fall short on presentation with these. i thought for sure they would be 180 gram and in nice jackets.

I listened to both S/T and TCatS yesterday. S/T didn't sound as good as Colour, but i remembered that it was recorded in a cheap studio on a small budget, and had a different mastering engineer than the rest of the reissues. It still sounds fine, but not as clean, dynamic and powerful as Colour, and I suspect the rest of the Bob Ludwig mastered reissues. Can't wait to hear One by One.

S/T was recorded over a few days and is basically a demo at heart. TCATS took months and is arguably "over" produced. Hence the difference. I will say S/T sounds like they were trying a little too hard to make it stand up with the rest of them. It sounds more processed, while the original pressing sounds much more natural.

In Your Honor doesn't quite stand up to the 4xlp boxset. But it shouldn't. Skin & Bones is great as well, psyched to finally have it on vinyl.

Spinning The Colour and the Shape right now and I'm hearing a lot of things a lot more clearly than I ever have before, even the remastered version (although I don't have the CD of that but only the mp3's and I thought that sounded great). Going to spin There Is Nothing Left To Loose next and I'm sure that will sound great as well. Still debating on if I want to get 1x1 or not

• 1 month later...

So stoked I got "The Colour and The Shape", "One by One", and "In Your Honor" for xmas. Though based on the prices, I'm kind of surprised they're lacking inserts and aren't on 180-gram vinyl. Though the vinyl is definitely good quality and the sleeves are those awesome ones that are plastic lined so they don't collect as much dust or scratch. Still, inserts would be nice.

So stoked I got "The Colour and The Shape", "One by One", and "In Your Honor" for xmas. Though based on the prices, I'm kind of surprised they're lacking inserts and aren't on 180-gram vinyl. Though the vinyl is definitely good quality and the sleeves are those awesome ones that are plastic lined so they don't collect as much dust or scratch. Still, inserts would be nice.

The 180 gram thing isn't a huge deal but the lack of inserts really bug me. It's not like its deluxe packaging or anything. The records themselves sound awesome so at least thats a win.

Spinning The Colour and the Shape right now and I'm hearing a lot of things a lot more clearly than I ever have before, even the remastered version (although I don't have the CD of that but only the mp3's and I thought that sounded great).

TCATS is the only one I have (so far), and it sounds awesome. I had never noticed how great the bass sounds on "Doll." I would have liked to have the bonus tracks from the CD reissue on vinyl, but I'm happy nonetheless. The packaging is super lame though, would expect to have a gatefold cover considering it's at least $25 almost everywhere. If I buy more I'll go with Amazon.

• 1 month later...
Ordered all 4, 95 bucks for four albums! Thank god for prime! Hopefully these go down a little bit because Amazon will reimburse for the additional cost. They just refunded me 4 bucks for the league season 2 because of the price drop.

just reading this for the first time... how does this work? is it automatic or do you submit for it if/when you notice a price drop? I've used amazon hundreds of times it feels like and i've never seen a refund, haha. so i'm curious.