Smashing Pumpkins

I saw some info that I posted on the SP forum is making its rounds. So I just want to clarify what happened exactly so no one gets the wrong info.

My original post:

"I called up my local record store to see if they will hold the Vinyl for me. The girl I spoke to said she sees two on her computer. One released tomorrow, and one released in Jan. She didnt comment any more on whats released in January, but I have a feeling that would be a second pressing of the vinyl box set. So I am guessing that most of those orders from amazon.ca will get their's sometime in Jan. It's speculation. But it makes sense."

Maybe someone else can ask around and see if any other places are getting word of a second pressing.

Me:There have been people that have been receiving a code to make the price on the amazon.com website the same as the pre order price on amazon.ca.

Amazon:We're taking all our possibilities to obtain the stock soon and ship the orders soon.

I'm so sorry for any incorrect updates, Jacob. We don't have an option to do so. However, I will be sure to pass your message on to the appropriate department in our company for consideration. Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the selection and service we provide.

I'm so sorry for any disappointment and I sincerely apologize for that.

No luck yet :(

Are people seriously trying to finnagle the low price out of amazon.com just because they didn't get in on it when it was on amazon.ca? Am I interpreting this right?

No. Amazon.ca cancelled everyones orders that got the low price. Enough people complained and .ca said they would honor the price if people wanted to order again. People did and then over the weekend we were notified that they won't be getting enough to fill the orders. Some people are asking if .com will honor .ca's lowered price or to get .ca to get buyers a credit that can be applied at .com (because Amazon.com has plenty of these.

So since .com has many copies and .ca has none at this time they want .com to send their copies to fulfill the orders from .ca?

Didn't .ca say that it wasn't a matter of "if" but rather "when" they will get copies?

Considering the price we got on this thing, even if the standard retail price seems ridiculous to us (it does to me) its still a severly lowered price. If you got that price but have to wait another month or so, so be it. It just seems really childish to beg .com to fulfill for .ca.

And I doubt its an accident that .ca doesn't have any/enough to fulfill every order. I'm sure they want people who bought at the lower price to get impatient and cancel.

And I doubt its an accident that .ca doesn't have any/enough to fulfill every order. I'm sure they want people who bought at the lower price to get impatient and cancel.

this is exactly right. so one person was able to get amazon.ca to fix his .com order. but no one else has had the same luck and probably won't. the problem is there is no guarantee amazon.ca will ever get enough copies to fulfill orders and people may be waiting around for weeks or months to get it at that price.

Grabbed one for $76.99 at Reckless this morning. It's a beautiful set, and plays really well.

The book is a great read. Liner notes for each song written by BC, as well as album art sketches, alternate images, etc. Billy gives some interesting insight into the recording process and band dynamics at the time. Very happy with it overall.