Smashing Pumpkins

I've listened to the first disc on my nice set up and my less than nice turntable in my room. The only distortion I hear on zero is a little sibilance in Billy's voice, otherwise it sounds like the digital remaster. Not sure if I got lucky or what. I will say, on my cheaper table, the tonearm doesn't make it to the end of the record because there's no dead wax. No record should go that close to the label.

I've listened to the first disc on my nice set up and my less than nice turntable in my room. The only distortion I hear on zero is a little sibilance in Billy's voice, otherwise it sounds like the digital remaster. Not sure if I got lucky or what. I will say, on my cheaper table, the tonearm doesn't make it to the end of the record because there's no dead wax. No record should go that close to the label.

Can you show this? I wanna see how close it comes.

Man, my MCIS set hasn't shipped from .ca, and with a delivery date like that, I think I should just have it shipped to my parent's house in Ohio anyway, if it's going to be cutting it that close. I don't need the thing shipped and then have it get held up at customs and not make it to Chicago before I leave.

the tonearm doesn't make it to the end of the record because there's no dead wax. No record should go that close to the label.

That's the problem right there. Once you get that close to the inner label, the grooves are so thin that a loud song will definitely distort or produce sibilance. It's so stupid to spread this out to 4 LPs, only to have each side STILL go to the ass end of the wax. I'm sure the first two songs sound great, cuz they have all that room to stretch out.

so did this sound bad on 3lps?

No, the original sounds terrific. I was working at a stereo shop when this was released and it was awesome to be able to listen to it on the high end equipment. There was a CD version at the shop as well and the vinyl smoked it. It was fun to demo it for people.

Man, my MCIS set hasn't shipped from .ca, and with a delivery date like that, I think I should just have it shipped to my parent's house in Ohio anyway, if it's going to be cutting it that close. I don't need the thing shipped and then have it get held up at customs and not make it to Chicago before I leave.

If it hasn't shipped you can still update your shipping address and change it to your parents address.

My copy has apparently been in Bergen since Thursday. The UPS dude has 'attempted delivery' twice since then apparently but at super odd hours, like 9am (when I'm at school) and 9pm on a Friday (when I'm out drinking). UPS Norway doesn't have a phone number to reach the delivery guy for some reason? Sounds like I gotta camp out at home.