Smashing Pumpkins

Got mine today from amazon.ca (via DHL).  Was in a large box that wasn't padded all that great, but fortunately the set wasn't banged up too bad.  Listened to 3 of the 4 LPs so far.  Overall the set sounds great, but Zero is definitely noticeably poorer.  The grooves do indeed go very close to the label (~1/4").  Zero isn't a total deal breaker though, and I'm glad I got the set for what I did.

As for the paper tracklist on the back, I trimmed less than 1/8" off the top and slid it into the box for safe keeping.

Got mine today and it's beautiful and sounds great.  I can kind of see what people were saying about Zero but it only was minimal on my copy and still totally listenable.

Out of curiosity did you get the .ca version or the .com version? 

I am not going to be as delicate with this as some of you. I'm going to be tearing the shrink wrap off on this one. 

In other news: someone on the Steve Hoffman forums said cartridge misalignment could be the result of the Zero problems for some people. While it's true the grooves go dangerously close to the label, it should track better with a properly aligned cartridge. Something to try, at least, for people having the issue. I know I, for one, haven't aligned my cartridge since I installed it in 2007.