Smashing Pumpkins

so jello biafra can press his spoken word albums in 3xLP, and sell them for under $20. but if it's a pumpkins 4xLP it's gotta cost $80 right?

i don't care if it's 180g, remastered, amazing package etc.

affordability is more important than all of that, at least to me.

and this is my favorite band i'm bitchin' about.

prices goin' crazy at the moment. that sucks!

and yeah. i bought a record from a not very well known band from germany. it was a black 180 g single LP with gatefold cover and a standup gimmick in that gatefold. it was 11 € (~14 $)!!! most standard records (no colour, no 180gr ... ) here are 19 € (~25 $) and more. that sucks!!!

just because people on ebay pay ridiculous prices for some records (like mellon collie), they think they can overcharge them from the beginning.

so i got my point across about the LP being overpriced.

now lets talk $150 for the fucking cd box (which is what i REALLY want)

it's 6 discs total. 5 cds and a dvd.

nirvanas "with the lights out" sold for around $30, that was 4 discs, 3 cds and a dvd.

should adding two more really cost $120?

fuck no it shouldn't.

if it was coming in a hand made wooden box or something, MAYBE they could get away with this price.

if the gish and sd boxes cost $30, and p.i. cost $40 (granted, it did have a tape) i don't see any reason why mcis should exceed $60, at all.

no fucking reason!

NONE.

edit: if i remember correctly, aeroplane flies high was only $40 back when it was in stores.

aeroplane was and still is work that price in my book. maybe even a little more now. there is some GOLD in that box.

also i'm bitching because it's fairly safe to assume that the price set on that box now won't be that much different on release day.

from the sound of it, i don't see it exceeding a $60 value at all. so a price tag of over $100 is infuriating to a broke ass fan like myself.

aeroplane was and still is work that price in my book. maybe even a little more now. there is some GOLD in that box.

Oh, it absolutely is and I don't regret buying for a second. However at the time, I already had the first four domestic CD singles so most of the material wasn't new to me. Obviously, the stuff that was - especially "Set The Ray To Jerry", "Jupiter's Lament", "Transformer" and "The Aeorplane Flies High (Turns Left, Looks Right)" - was well worth it.