sublime 40 oz to freedom repress

Is your store on the list? They haven't hit the east coast yet (I'm pretty sure) so you've got a chance.

The closest store to me is over 3 hours away, so my chances are slim to none. Makes me sick to see copies already being flipped on eBay when I just want one to actually play and not profit on. Oh well. Hopefully the Sublime team will get their @#$% together and release a full-fledged repress someday.

I ordered when they were put up the first time....Site-to-store. Never got a shipping confirmation, but site shows "shipped" 8/28....concerning part is tracking info only says "information sent to Fed-Ex.  Is there usually a shipping confirmation when using site-to-store, or do you just get an email when it shows up?

I ordered when they were put up the first time....Site-to-store. Never got a shipping confirmation, but site shows "shipped" 8/28....concerning part is tracking info only says "information sent to Fed-Ex. Is there usually a shipping confirmation when using site-to-store, or do you just get an email when it shows up?

My orders are always like that. I just get a call about a week or so later from the store saying that I have an order to pick up. Then there's an email saying it's ready for pickup about a week after that haha

I only got an order receieved email, was charged and on their website it says shipped. No tracking info available but says it should be there Wednesday

Interesting. I got an email with tracking (Fedex, despite choosing the cheap option) number. Should be here Thursday, but I will be nervous until I get it due to the updates in this thread. What an awful retailer. 

Got mine today. Started out with Fed Ex and ended up coming with the mail...odd. Only complaint is a really bad corner bend/ding on the bottom of the spine. Sounds pretty clean save for a few pops and clicks here and there, but nothing that overrides the music when listening at a decent volume. I'm happy over all, just glad to have this without having to pay a fortune finally.

Got mine today. Started out with Fed Ex and ended up coming with the mail...odd. 

It's called Smartpost. UPS has a similar service now. They basically move it across the country for you with the rest of their bulk, and then the local USPS does the delivery. Ends up being the most cost effective option. And, for those of us in apartments, it means that we find the package in our mail rooms instead of a stupid Fedex "We Missed You" slip. :)

And, for those of us in apartments, it means that we find the package in our mail rooms instead of a stupid Fedex "We Missed You" slip. :)

Cool, thanks for the info. I ordered a shirt a while back and it was the same, wasn't sure why. And you are totally right about living in an apartment! I use the USPS dashboard to choose my delivery spot so it gets left at my front door [it's an enclosed building], instead of out in the all metal parcel box for who knows how many hours causing possible warping.

Even though their website said shipped last week. I got an email today saying it was shipped. Hopefully it comes by the end of this week

This happens to me most of the time, or I won't get a shipped email and just get a pick-up email. It usually takes about a week from when the site says shipped, unless you order over the weekend.

I got my 4 copy order in today. The store said they'd call me if they got any copies and hold them, but I don't know if they'll have any. It's possible they already got them and sold out.

If you're claiming one of the copies I ended up with, I'll prepare shipping soon.

If you were one of the five...

PSx8w8J.gif 

:(

I got my 4 copy order in today. The store said they'd call me if they got any copies and hold them, but I don't know if they'll have any. It's possible they already got them and sold out.

If you're claiming one of the copies I ended up with, I'll prepare shipping soon.

PSx8w8J.gif

It's okay Michael Caine, without you I couldn't have been MOTHER FUCKING BATMAN!

I'm spinning my copy now, and I just noticed something.

The beginning "

" on side D sounds like the beginning of "
" by Meat Puppets. Feedback, drumstick count-in, then the similar riff.

Edit: He also mentions Meat Puppets in "Thanx".

"Hope" was originally a Descendents song, and Sublime covered it pretty much to a T. Certainly the Meat Puppets took some influence from Descendents, as nearly every band coming from the underground in the 80s did. Sublime, too ("Thanks out to Bad Religion and the Descendents").

Also, I believe the consensus is that the man speaking over "Thanx" is actually Miguel Happoldt, an intern who snuck the band into a studio to record 40oz. Sure does sound a lot like Bradley though.

That makes me want to listen to my Descendents - Somery - 2XLP - 1991 Vinyl Pressing. And listen to "Hope" I love that song. If anyone is interested I'd probably sell this Descendents Vinyl. As long as it goes to a good home! Same thing goes for my Original 1984 Pressing of Black Flag's - Damaged! Just PM me if anyone is interested. thanks.

"Hope" was originally a Descendents song, and Sublime covered it pretty much to a T. Certainly the Meat Puppets took some influence from Descendents, as nearly every band coming from the underground in the 80s did. Sublime, too ("Thanks out to Bad Religion and the Descendents").

Also, I believe the consensus is that the man speaking over "Thanx" is actually Miguel Happoldt, an intern who snuck the band into a studio to record 40oz. Sure does sound a lot like Bradley though.

Awesome explanation! I love learning things about artists I like.

PSx8w8J.gif

Goddamn that really softened the blow hahahaha

Just got an email that my sublime is in at the store! I went by there early today to see if they had any in yet for the board but no. The girl did say they were getting 12 boxes which is more than normal so I filled out a card to hold 2 copies. If I'm able to I'll reach out to yall tomorrow.